Status: Comments welcome

Crossing Awornus

The Proposal

Our ice princess was in heaven. She never dreamed how amazing true love could be. It was something Ellie had been told of, again and again, but until now, she hadn’t understood how earth shattering love could be. Of course she wanted the rest of her happily ever after to start right away, so she asked the King of Desirion for his daughter’s hand in marriage. He, who had once himself crossed the sea of Awornus, understood that if they wished to get married, he ought not to stand in their way. He arranged for a procession of knights, nobility, and of course, the princess' dowery to follow Ellie and her future bride back to Jombel, provided of course that his daughter agreed. Of course when Ellie asked the Desirian princess for her hand in marriage, it took a mere instant for it all to sink in before she burst out in an ecstatic, "Yes!"
Suddenly, the last bit of the ice surrounding Ellie's ice covered heart melted into a puddle of tears. What would happen when she returned to Jombel, the beautiful kingdom of her childhood she so dearly loved? Would they accept a princess who found a happily ever after with another princess? Her father never allowed the possibility, and Ellie had never even heard of a princess finding a happily ever after with a princess before. Regardless, she had found her true love, the woman she would share a happily ever after with. As much as Ellie loved her father and wanted to obey him, it was not the same as the same as the intense love and adoration Ellie had for the princess. She couldn’t give up her true love and happily ever after to simply because someone else couldn’t accept her for who she was. So, Ellie decided that if her father would not accept her happily ever after, she would just have to live it somewhere else.