Status: Comments welcome

Crossing Awornus

Happily Ever After

The king however was not affected, for he had locked himself away in the highest room of the tallest tower where no one could reach him. It was impossible to bring him the sea without flooding the entire castle! For days he sat in his room, shut out from the rest of the world. He wanted no part of a world he didn’t understand or accept, so he continued to shut it out. Ellie worried for him because he had not had the time or forethought to bring any food or water with him into the room before locking himself in and a person cannot live very long without these basic requirements of life. Every day, she sat outside the room, begging him to come out, and every day he refused to acknowledge she was even there.
Ellie missed her father. She wished he would come out of the tower and meet her future bride, but as time passed, her wish seemed to have less and less hope of coming true. As each day passed, the King of Jombel grew weaker and weaker without sustenance or water to keep him going. Then one rainy morning, he grew so weak that even breathing took too much effort and he drew his last breath. Ellie was devastated. She cried and cried for the father who would not accept her understanding of herself or her true love. Ellie wished that he would have been more open to what was happening around him, but there was nothing she could do. The King was placed in an ornate wooden coffin and all of Jombel came to watch as he was buried near the sea he once feared and opposed to the point of death. It seemed strangely fitting in the most twisted of ways.
Ellie mourned her father for an appropriate length of time, then prepared for her wedding to the Desirian princess. The planning was bitter sweet since Ellie knew her father would not have approved of what she was doing, but she continued never the less. The princesses were so much in love that everything else seemed insignificant. It was a beautiful wedding and all in attendance were filled with joy. Following the wedding, Ellie and her wife were each crowned Queen of Jombel. The ruled in perfect harmony for the rest of their lives, making sure everyone could visit the sea of Awornus whenever they chose. The kingdom of Jombel lived in a joyous peace for a long time and the princesses lived their happily ever after.