I Watched His Wildest Dreams Come True

3

For the rest of the week nothing really happened. I spent time with Tyler and Drea sometimes hung out with us. When it was finally Saturday I woke up early and showered. Then I changed into a pair of jeans, a plaid skirt, and a Panic! shirt. I went downstairs and ate an apple while watching music videos. At about 11:30 my phone started playing Teenagers. I saw it was Tyler so I answered.

“Hi, Ty!”

“Hey, Nicki.”

“What’s up?”

“I can’t go to the mall today, sorry.”

“Why?” I asked, frowning.

“I don’t feel good. I’m really sorry.”

“It’s ok. Do you want me to come over?”

“No, I don’t want you to get sick.”

“Ok, well get better and call if you need anything.”

“Thanks. Bye.”

“Bye.” I hung up and stared at the phone. “Well there goes my day.” I mumbled.

“What’s wrong?” mom asked, coming into the living room.

“Tyler had to cancel.”

“Do you want to go to the mall and get a dress then?”

“I guess.”

“Ok, give me about twenty minutes to get ready.” Before I could answer she ran upstairs smiling like a maniac.

I watched some Lifetime movie until she came back down. I went up to my room and grabbed my bag then we left for the mall.

At the mall mom dragged me to the nearest dress store and started flicking through the dresses.

“What color do you want?”

“I don’t know, black I guess.”

“Nicole, it’s your junior prom. You need to wear something that you’ll always remember.”

“Fine, how about purple?”

“Perfect!” she then went over to the purple dresses and looked at them.

Whenever she found one she liked it went in the growing piles on my arms. Finally when I was about to fall over she pushed me towards the dressing rooms. For the next half hour I tried on dress after dress until we were down to two. One had a corset top that was dark purple and the bottom was a little puffy and every layer was a different shade of purple. The second had spaghetti straps and was lavender. It wasn’t puffy but the bottom flared a little.

“So which do you like?” mom asked.

“The puffy one.”

“Perfect. I’ll go pay, can you put those back?” she pointed to the other dresses.

“Sure.”

She walked away and I put the dresses back. When I was going to put a blue one mom liked back I saw the worst thing for me.

Tyler and Drea looking through the blue dresses.