Flames of the Spirit

Blue

"Aidan? Is that you?"
Aidan turned and immediately turned his head away. "Yeah, it's me, Kyra. It's nice to... see you again"
"But... you're not even looking at me" Kyra said and sung around front of him. Aidan turned his left away from her.
"Aidan what's wrong?" Kyra asked. "Hey" She touched shoulder and he swung his arm at her, fire lighting up the streets.
"Leave me alone!" He shouted.
She blocked instinctively, lighting up the streets with blue flames. Aidan stared at her in shock. "You're a...a blue"
Luckily it was at dusk and only Adelle was around to see it. She had her jaw down in awe at the mythology that was just confirmed.
Kyra backed away, frightened. "You're not gonna make me a slave are you?"
Aidan reached forward, only scaring Kyra more. "no, no, Kyra, we wouldn't do that to you."
"You're... You're amazing" Adelle said. "You're a Blue"
"thanks" Kyra said still a bit frightened.
"I'm sorry" Aidan said. "I... didn't meant to hurt you it's just. I've changed since when you last saw me"
Kyra took his hand and placed something in it. "That was 4 years ago. I think we've both changed"
Aida took his hand back and saw an old coin. "This is... the one I gave you"
"Yeah, they've changed the faces since then" Kyra said. "I still kept it. Maybe it'll be worth more in years to come"
"Maybe" Aidan said and put the coin in his pocket.
"We need to go" Adelle said. "It would be bad if we got caught here."
The trio agreed to get lost. If they were caught after dark, they could be imprisoned for 10 years or more. It was against the law for anyone to be outside after dark. They would be accused as a Nova and locked up or killed.
As the trio tried to find somewhere to stay, they ran into a group of soldiers.
"What are you doing out this late?" One asked.
"They're Nova!" another accused.
"Look at the mark!" another shouted. "He's a devil!"
Aidan backed away. "Run!"
"where?" Adelle asked.
Kyra grabbed her hand. "Anywhere but here!" They raced out of town and hid in the nearby forest. They stayed their until dawn and set out for the next town.
"So you got burned" Kyra assumed.
Aidan was silent. He took his scar as symbol for being cast out. A mark, telling the world that his family had a Nova in it. A sign of disgrace. Many families that had a Nova bared a mark like this. Always on the face, always meaning something bad.
Kyra sighed. "Sorry, I just... I don't care if you guys have a Nova in the family or not. It doesn't mean you guys are bad too. It's just not fair how human treat us."
"I hate them" Aidan said. "They are cruel, heartless creatures."
Adelle cleared her throat. "Anyway, now that we've been kicked out, we need to find a job that we can sustain."
"I can dance" Kyra said. "you can sing"
That's when Adelle got and idea. "We could start a show!" She got all excited. "I could sing and you and Aidan could dance"
"I'm not dancing"
"then bend!" Adelle said. "You already know how! You could teach Kyra"
"out of the question" Aidan said. "I'm not teaching her how to showboat her bending so people can pay to watch it"
"well fine" Kyra said. "I'll just use my dancing to bend. It shouldn't be that hard."
"you. are an idiot" Aidan said. "you so that, you get burned."
"Then teach me!"
"Come on Aidan" Adelle said. "It'll bring in good money. We need it"
Aidan growled. "Fine! I'm tired of hearing you guys beg anyway. I'll teach her how to bend"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Adelle sung a song about an old city before the Bender Wars. She and Kyra danced while Aidan watched. He vowed to never participate. At the end of the song, people applauded and cheered. It took a whole year for the group to get popular.
"And now for a special treat!" Adelle called out. "A dance long since forgotten. A ritual no longer practiced."
"Oh no" Aidan widened his eyes. "Not that"
"the dance which joins a man and woman" Adelle says. "Performed by Fire and Blue"
Aidan stared at his sister with shock and anger. He looked over at Kyra who was looking at him with red in her cheeks. They both knew the dance and talked about maybe performing it but never confirmed it. It was just too... awkward. Stupid Adelle pulling the gun on them like that!
Aidan and Kyra stepped out and bowed to their fans. The turned their back to each other and Adelle began to sing. Aidan and Kyra turned a began. They messed up a couple of times out of stage fright. The dance didn't look all that great since they were performing it for the first time. They even forgot to bend and Adelle chewed them out afterwards.
"Well sorry for being to focused on not forgetting the moves!" Kyra yelled.
"Thanks for the drop" Aidan said sarcastically. "jerk"
"toad" Adelle shot back.
"you all are pig headed!" Kyra shouted. "Let's never do that again!"
"But the dance itself is beautiful when done correctly!" Adelle pleaded. "It doesn't mean anything anymore!"
"Yes" Aidan said quietly. "But it meant something very sacred in the times of peace"
They both looked at him and he had his arms folded, head turned away. What they didn't see was the slight red flush in his cheeks.