Flames of the Spirit

Tracked

The trio of Aidan, Kyra and Adelle, had finally adapted to life in our world. It only took about 6 months. Aidan was now 17, Adelle was 20 and Kyra was 16. Aidan had found out that she was actually a year younger than him, despite looking older. Alan had to leave and Tomas stayed to help the trio settle in. Adelle had found the magic called music and I-pods and soon got as many world music as she could, learning the words to the ones that sounded familiar. She and Kyra were able to force Tomas to let them perform, since it's what they were used to. They were a hit and every other day, they did a show in the park.
Aidan, got a 'real' job with Sam working in an original Pizza restaurant. Aidan was only able to serve but Sam, who was 21, helped with making the Pizzas.
"Here's your extra large," Aidan said and sat the Pizza down.
"Oh you're such a kind young man" An old woman complimented.
"Thank you, ma'am" Aidan nodded. "If there's anything else you need, I'll be back in a few minutes" He left and almost ran into Sam. "What are you doing out here?" He asked. "I thought you were the big chef"
"I am Sam said quickly. "But he sent me to get..." Sam stopped and shook his head. "I need to go get something. You just keep serving!"
Aidan raised an eyebrow. The guy seemed really anxious and when Sam got anxious, he didn't really think about anything he said.
"Well then" Aidan folded his arms. He got called over by another one of his tables.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Lo Siento Mama!" Sam ran up to a woman. "I got caught up in work. Is he ok?"
The sadness upon the woman's face made Sam's heart drop. "Mother?" He asked.
"Diego should be ok, but..." She sighed. "He won't be able to play anymore"
Sam hung his head. "But he loves the game."
His mother shook her head. "It hurts me as much as it does him."
"Can I go and see him"
"What about work, NiƱo?"
"Work can wait" Sam shouted. "Familia first!"
The woman nodded and they left.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Aidan!" Aidan cringed as his boss shouted his name. "Where is Samuel?"
"I... He said you sent him to get something" Aidan said he glanced over at the empty restaurant. Sam left 3 hours ago.
"I didn't send him anywhere!" The Boss shouted. "He just left!"
Aidan groaned shook his head. "You idiot"
"Excuse me?" The boss asked, angrily.
"U, I meant Sam." Aidan said in a panic. "Sam is the idiot."
"Yes" The Boss said. "That boy is a fool. If you see him tonight. Tell him he's..."
"That would be a very bad idea!" Aidan shouted then pulled back. "Um, Sire. A bad idea, Sir. He's worked hard."
"This is the 2nd time this month that he's ran out on me and not explained why" The boss grumbled.
"But only twice out of 4 years?" Aidan asked. "That's not bad... right?" He stood up for his friend but tried not to say anything that could get him canned too.
"hmm" the Boss thought. "Fine. I'm still having a chat with that boy tomorrow. Tell him that! if you see him"
"Yes Sir" Aidan said.
"Aidan!" Adelle called. "HEY!"
Aidan smiled as he saw his sister and his best friend standing outside. He looked back and his boss nodded him off. The 17 year old ran out Kyra gave him a hug. "Guess what!"
Before Aidan could ask, Adelle interrupted. "Alan's taking us out for the summer!"
"But..." Aidan bit his lip and looked back at the building. "What about work?"
Tomas already got that covered. "Kyra said. "For you and Sam"
Aidan laughed put his hand on his sister's head. "you are amazing" Adelle was only a few inches shorter than her little brother and she stood on her toes to make herself taller, sticking out her tongue.
"This is gonna be so much fun!" Kyra shouted. "Yay!"