Status: Complete, but if readers want more, I may update small one shots.

Brothers in Nightvale

Part A

"Everything happens for a reason. Except, of course, the things that don't. Then, they are pointless.

"Welcome... to Nightvale."

}{
"So get this," Sam said, straightening up in his his chair, and swiveling his laptop around to face his older (and shorter) brother. "There's a town called Nightvale, and people are claiming to see angels everywhere."

"Are they doing anything?" Dean asked. "Any weird murders or something?"

"Well, no, but-"

"Then it's not our problem." The elder Winchester took a large bite out of his bacon cheeseburger and raised an eyebrow at his little brother. "I said look for a case, not research the angel problem. I'm sick of 'em, Sammy. Let's hunt a windigo or something."

Sam pulled a bitch face, and pointed at the screen of the laptop. "A five headed dragon is running for mayor."

Dean choked. "What?"

"His opponent is...," he turned the laptop to face him again as he scrolled down the page, "...'the faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home.'"

"Are they nuts?" Dean asked, setting his burger down, and leaning forward. "I mean... they've gotta be nuts."

Sam shrugged. "I don't know, but I think it's worth checking out."

Scoffing, Dean forced down the rest of his burger (because you can't let greasy food like that go to waste), and stood up, nodding. "Which which way to Nightville?"

"Nightvale is a desert community in Arizona, so at least a three hour drive." Sam dropped a tip on the table, and gathered his things.

"Well then, let's go." Dean smirked and walked out, jangling his keys the whole way.
}{
"Hello, listeners. Two strangers arrived in Nightvale today. They were driving an old, black car that has obviously been taken care of, but most definetly has seen better days.

"The driver of the car was tall, but compared to his companion, short. The tall strangers hair is long and nearly perfect. Carlos' hair is by far much more perfect.

"It's unclear what the two are doing here, or even how they got here. But, dear listener, they look like men on a mission.

"More as this story develops."

}{
"What the hell is this?" Dean asked, staring at the radio that had been playing his favorite ACDC cassette.

"I think we picked up the local radio show," Sam stated, furrowing his brow. "But weren't we listening to-"

Dean flipped the switch, changing stations.

"Eleven... forty-two... fifty... seven..."

The brothers stared at the radio. The monotone voice continued to splutter seemingly random words, never missing a beat.

"We've been here two minutes," Dean said, "and I've already had enough of this town."

Sam nodded, glancing out the window. In the distance, he could see a blinking red light. They drove next to a dog park, but the sign attached to the fence made him think otherwise; NO DOGS ALLOWED was printed everywhere, and the younger brother could have sworn he saw a dark hooded figure.

A fluttering in the backseat notified the Winchesters of their favorite angel, and Dean glanced in the review mirror, his green orbs meeting blue. "'Sup, Cas?"

"Hello, Dean," Castiel greeted. "I see you've found Nightvale."

"Have you been here before?" Sam asked, turning in his seat.

"I have helped Josie with house hold chores."

Sam quirked an eyebrow. "What?"

"Rafael changed her porch light," the angel continued. "I believe she still has the old bulb."

"Alright," Dean nodded, "where does this Josie live?"
}{
"Desert Bluffs defeated Nightvale in last nights basketball game. Rest assured, Nightvale, we did not let our defeat bring us down.

"Desert Bluffs team mysteriously disappeared shortly after the game. Our school board president, the glow cloud, insists it has nothing to do with it, but the teams bus was stopped by a dead horse landing on it.

"Take that, Desert Bluffs."

}{
The Winchesters and Castiel drove through town, in search of Josie.

In one of the neighborhoods, it was eerily quiet, except for a group of men and women in white lab coats staked outside a house. They all rushed about, sometimes pushing each other towards the house, only to get pushed forwards in return.

One man, with dark, perfect hair stopped at the sight of the Impala. His dark eyes followed them until they rounded the corner, and Sam glanced back even after the group was out if sight.

"Does this town seem... off... to you?" he asked.

"Like creepy sci-fi horror movie off?" Dean asked, before answering himself in a sarcastic manner: "No."

"Nightvale is an interesting case," Castiel spoke up. "The town sits on a rift, much like the Gates of Hell. Unless you plan to move the whole town, you won't be able to do much."

"So this is a waste of time?" Dean raised his eyebrows and stared at the angel through the rear view mirror.

"There are some supernatural beings, yes," Cas nodded. "So you may be able to help to an extent."

The car pulled into a car lot, and the brothers stepped out, closing their doors in sync. Castiel appeared besides Dean, making the hunter jump and curse under his breath.

"Let's just get this over with," he sighed, trudging up to the house.
}{
"Reports are coming in, listeners.

"Carlos and his team of scientists, while staked outside the house that doesn't exist (you know, the one that looks like it exists, but it really doesn't?), called to say they saw the black car drive by. Carlos says there was another man, in the back seat, who was not there before.

"Old Woman Josie, down by the car lot, called to tell us one of the angels stopped by with two strangers. She says the strangers are brothers, and the shorter one is Dean, while his younger but bigger brother is Sam. She would not say what the angels name was. Probably, because they don't exist.

"I asked what the brothers wanted, and she said they just asked questions. They asked about the glowing lights above the Arby's, and our school board president. They even asked about Harlem McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly lives in our Homes, who are running for mayor.

"What a curious duo."

}{
"Who is this guy?" Dean asked, glaring at the radio.

The man was just rambling. Constantly reporting their whereabouts, and constantly reporting the news.

But it wasn't the normal news. It was weird things, like a glow cloud, and some guy with perfect hair. A house that didn't exist? Sam remembered the group of scientist, but there was definitely a house there.

"...there were no survivors."

The brothers shared a surprised glance. Castiel remained silent, as he has been since they left Josie's place.

"So... where to now?" Dean asked, still glancing wearily at the radio.

Sam sighed. "I guess we should head over to the library," he decided. "We should take a look at the towns history."

"Right." Dean nodded, with a roll of his eyes. "Research."

"The library?" Cas spoke up, leaning forward slightly. When the brothers nodded, the angel looked slightly uncomfortable. "I'm sure you could find something on the Google."

"'The Google?'" Dean laughed. "Cas, I think it'd be easier to just go to the library this time."

"I'll check on Josie."

And then the blue eyed vessel was gone with a soft flutter.

"Should we be worried?" Dean asked. "I feel like we should be worried."

Sam shook his head in disbelief. "I'm just wondering why Cas never mentioned this place, if there's all this weird stuff going on."

"I've said it before, and I'll say it again: he is one weird dude."

Sam nodded as they pulled into the library's empty parking lot. He thought it was odd. It was the middle of the school year; surely some kids would be working on reports or something, right?

Still, they had a job. Sam didn't dwell on these thoughts for more than a second, and he clambered out of the Impala.

Dean trudged behind his brother, grumbling. "Isn't it time for food?" he called. "Maybe I should check that old lady Josie with Cas."

Sam ignored him, and pulled the door open. A blast of cold air whipped his hair back, and Sam stepped in.

The interior was vast, and dusty shelves were set in rows. There was a small section in the back with five tables, and a row of older computers lined one of the walls. There was no one to be seen.

"Does anyone live in this town?"

Sam scoffed. "Hello?" he called.

"Dude, it's a library." Dean rolled his eyes, and stepped up to a counter. There was a bell, and after shrugging at his little brother, he tapped it.

The ding echoed throughout the building, but soon fell silent.

"Well, this was a waste of-"

"Dean!"

A tall, slender figure tackled Dean from behind, and the hunter quickly chucked it over his shoulder.

It landed with a hiss at Sam's feet, and the younger gaped at what looked like... a librarian?

She was blonde, with green eyes and terrifyingly sharp teeth. Her red nails were claws, and she leapt back up, scratching at the two.

"What the hell is wrong with this town?" Dean screeched.
}{
"And now... traffic.

"The stop lights in Nightvale have stopped working. They now all flash red, which we all know, means to step on it.

"Remember, listeners: you must follow all traffic laws. Do not slow down. Do exactly as the lights say, or there will be consequences.

"This has been traffic.

"Listeners; I just recieved a call from John Peters (you know, the farmer?), and he says that the mysterious brothers have lost their companion, and were last seen entering the library.

"I wish them well. It was nice, having a couple of new faces around town, even if their intentions were unknown. Perhaps the librarians will spare them, and let them leave - after all, they are new in town. Maybe their parents never taught them to stay away from the cursed buildings.

"Old Woman Josie, down by the car lot, called to tell us that the angel in a trench coat returned. He was without his friends, and she said the angel was helping her with chores.

"To which, I replied that angels do not and will never exist.

"Listeners, I've just received word that the two strangers have escaped the library. Like... they don't even have a scratch. They survived the librarians!

I don't know how, but-"

}{
"That's it," Dean growled, pulling out his phone and slamming the door to the Impala.

"They survived the librarians!" the voice continued.

It didn't take long for Sam to find the number of the radio station, and Dean held the phone up to his ear.

"I don't know how, but-" The voice cut off. "Sorry, listeners. I'm getting a call from an unknown number. Now, I know this is unprofessional, but I have a feeling I should answer this call."

"Damn right you better answer it," Dean griped, getting out of the car and slamming the door.

Sam rolled his eyes, and turned up the radio.

"Hello?"

"Listen, you son of a b-"

"Sir, we have children who listen to this show. Please, be careful what you say while on the air."


Sam smirked, glancing out the window to see his brother kick a rock.

"Alright, listen," Dean growled, "who the hell are you and what's going on with this town?"

"My name is Cecil,"
the radio host chirped. "May I ask your name?"

Sam watched as Dean looked ready to rip his hair out.

"What's up with those librarians?"

There was a pause.

"Hey, did you here me?" Dean demanded.

"Listeners, I don't think these brothers realize how dangerous librarians can be," Cecil said. "It's a miracle they have survived the world."

"I can hear you, you know?"
Sam watched as his brother hung up the phone and stomped back over to the car and climbed in.

"Well that was a waste of time," Dean growled.

Sam scoffed. "What are we supposed to do now?" he asked. "I mean, Cas said there was nothing we could do, but..."

His older brother gripped the steering wheel until his knuckles turned white.

The sun was setting to their left, and the brothers jumped at the loud screeching noise it made.

"Does that answer your question?" Dean shouted over the nose. "Something's wrong with this damn town, and I want to know what it is."
}{
"And so, listeners, as our day draws to a close, we can look back. We can look back on those two brothers, who were brave - or stupid - enough to enter the library. We can now welcome our new friend Dean and his brother, Sam.

"They may be strangers now, but given time, they could become allies.

"Or you know... friends.

"So goodnight, new friends once strangers... And to you, dear listeners:

"Goodnight, Nightvale. Goodnight."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello! This is a simple part A & B short story, so I hope you like it. Not much shipping in here, other than mentions of Cecilos... Please let me know what you think :) Who knows... if you guys like it, I might add some more adventures...