Status: Thank you for reading!

Lullaby for a Sadist

1/1

I kept a steady pace as I followed him home. It was almost pitiable how easy this was going to be; the poor bastard didn't even know what was coming. It was nearly shameful how easy this was going to be; he wasn't even the slightest bit paranoid. He reached his door, unlocking it and stepping through, the sharp click of the lock ringing out.

Dumbass didn't even turn the little porch light on.

I silently made my way up to the front of his house, moving the garden stone and picking up the spare key. Sliding it into the lock and giving it a turn, I let it open and stepped in after replacing the key and shut the door, listening for any movement, any indication that he knew I was here or was even awake. The water was running, presumably upstairs, since it was a faint sound. I silently made my path through the home, standing just inside the door of the main bed room.

I smiled fondly at the familiar shadow of my favorite blade in my hand; the black metal, though not as lustrous as it had once been, still had a gleam to it's edge, which I kept sharp as a straight razor. The knife had served me well for my entire life, and it had survived numerous incidents. Indeed, it seemed to be a 'lucky charm', if such things do exist.

He walked into the room and I felt my anger rising up.

This was going to be a fun night for me.

Sadly, I don't get to use my knife first. The sealed bag in my coat pocket was silently opened, and I slipped the little rag into my hand and slapped it over his mouth, waiting for him to go limp. Once he had, I made the quick trip from the master bedroom to the alleyway, binding his wrists and ankles before laying him in the back seat with a blanket over him. I drove as quickly as possible to the cabin in the woods, pulling up to it and parking the car in the garage. I grabbed him and took him into the basement, wrapping the black strip of fabric around his eyes and tying him down.

Now, we wait.

~*~

He came to consciousness a few hours later, and I watched as he looked around in confusion, trying to get out of the ropes.

"Believe me, you won't be able to get out of those. I'm extremely good with ropes." His head snapped towards where I was, his eyes wide in fear but hard, as if he thought I'd be broken by enough of his talking.

"Look, I don't know what you want, or why I'm here, but I'm not worth anything to anyone. If you want money, you won't be getting it."

"I'm not doing this for money; I'm doing this for pleasure. The only kind you can get from watching the people who hurt you suffer at your own hands, killing them and knowing that that part of your life is an officially closed chapter." The room was dark, so any chance of him seeing through the blindfold were slim to none, and I don't think he'd recognized my voice yet; chloroform is a magical thing that will disorient the hell out of you.

"Look man, I don't know who you are. If I did something or said something, this is probably way in the extremes, so if you'll let me go, I can find a way to fix this or give back what I took-" I stepped closer and wrapped my hand around his throat loosely, effectively shutting him up.

"What you took from me... What you did to me... Is something you can't give back, Damien... It's unforgivable, despicable, and it shows why I should have never laid eyes on you. Why I should have never even tried to talk to you."

"I- No. No, no, you- you can't be-"

"I'm alive, alright. I'm alive, and I'm going to make you pay. You'll wish you had never met me after I'm done, and I won't even go through the false mercy of trying to end your worthless existence." I started off with small things, a quick flick of the razor, or the thinly braided whip that was wrapped around my wrist, just to antagonize him, make him anxious. I wasn't going to stoop so low as to do what he had, but I was going to dish out as much pain as I could.

It's nothing he doesn't deserve. I did grow tired of it, though, and decided to take a small break. He was unconscious, and the pack of cigarettes on the table had been tempting me for a while, so I grabbed them and a lighter, making sure the bonds were as infallible as they had been, before walking up the stairs, locking the heavy oak door, and stepping out for a smoke.

I flicked it out once the filter started melting, heading back down and picking up one of many scarification tools I had, deciding to have a little fun with him. I had gagged him before waking him, waving the delicate looking tool in front of him.

"I think... You need a bit of a make-over, Damien." A sickly sweet smile met his fear-filled eyes as I traced it's edge over his skin, just enough to take a layer or two of skin with each pass. He was bleeding profusely from his back, now, and I rubbed salt into the newly exposed muscle layer, his slightly distorted screams making a beautifully pitiful symphony that appealed to me like a high.

"This is what you deserve... You brought this upon yourself for what you did to me and all those others. I'm avenging every shred of innocence you destroyed; all the girls and boys you hurt, all the lives you ruined. This is for them. This is for us. I will never let people like you hold me back again. I'm done being manipulated, tortured. I'm finally cutting you out of my life." I slammed a clenched fist into his face, smiling at the blood freely flowing from his nose. I landed hit after hit, leaving bruises that mapped out every place he had ever put his hands on me and others. The tears streaming down his face made me grin, but it wasn't over for him yet. I ripped the duct tape off his mouth, ripping a bit of skin off.

"J-just let me go! Kill me, turn me in, just s-stop!" I always loved hearing someone beg, be it out of pain or fear or lust.

"How many times did you hear those same words from Kaitlynne? James? Dianna? Jacob? Michael and Mikayla? How many times did they beg you to stop? How many times did I beg you to stop? You never listened, though. You didn't stop. I watched as all of them were lowered into six by six by two holes, beautiful lives ruined by you. You're just a cancer that needs to be cut out of the world, and I'm going to cure it." I picked up the ebony blade I love so much, waving it in front of his distorted, bloodied face.

"Try not to scream too loud." I slammed the blunt point of the blade into his crotch, twisting it as he screeched and cried in pain, trying to move away from me, but he was only fucking himself up more. His pants were soaked with blood and piss, and that probably made it even worse, adding to my dark joy. I pulled the knife out, laying it on the cold steel table and picking up a heavy sledge hammer, bringing it into the side of his rib cage. The bones gave away easily, leaving collapsed dents in his torso.

He was sobbing now, and I hit him harder on the other side, then his hands, arms, and shoulders.

"Not so cocky and proud, now, are you? You're weak, pathetic. I thought you would have been able to deal with a little pain, since you can dish it out so well." I continued to break his bones, bit by bit, until I was sure he was almost dead.

"Save a spot for me in Hell." I brought the hammer down on his head as hard as I could, blood, brains, and bone fragments splattering my bare chest.

I never thought... That revenge would leave such a sweet taste in my mouth...