Status: In The Process

The Kaotic

Chapter 3

"I said you’re hot, I'm Kade," the man said extending his hand for me to shake.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Ash," I say grabbing his hand.

"So what team do you play for?" Kade asked. I cocked my head to the side, confused.

"I don't play for a team; I've always been into art." I mumbled. Then I understood his question. "Oh no, I'm straight." I'm pretty sure my eyeballs are popping out of my face right now.

"Cool. What type are you?" he pursed his lips a bit but not too much. It was still enough to give away his obvious disappointment. His question caught me off guard. I didn't like explaining this to people, they act like I'm a God or something because I'm a rare breed.

"Shifter, you?" his eyes lit up like a Pokémon trainer capturing the nearly unobtainable Celebi.

"I'm a Warlock. I was assigned to help you catch the girl and the guy up front is my best friend, Kayleb. He's got a werewolf, but not a hot headed guy, as stereotypes go. We've been friends since we were 10. Nine years watching each other’s back makes it hard to trust anybody else. They hired one but got two." he says and the kid in the front smirked at him.

"Cool. So we're looking for a girl? The dean just said that you guys would fill me in." I sighed. Girls got on my nerves. Their hair had to be perfect and they shreiked at everything. I like bad girls.

Er... not in that way. Okay, maybe a bit in that way.

"Her name is Adrena. She's 15 and she ran away from her home after nearly killing her foster father." Kade said and handed me a map. "The yellow is where you'll look and the pink is where Kayleb and I will look."

So they were sending me out on my own? Good! About damned time I was free to do my own thing. I've been cooped up in that school for three years, I needed freedom. And , especially, pizza.

"Okay, cool!" I replied. "How much longer until we get there?"

"We are traveling from Pennsylvania, so id give it four hours, roughly." Kade said.

"K. I'm going to take a nap."

When he nodded I laid my head on the window and drifted off.

When I woke up I was lying in a bed in a dark room. Panic ran through me.

"Hello?" I called out. Really. Did I expect kidnapers to pop up and just be all like 'yeah your free to go'. Ash, really?

And then something soft flew and hit me in the head.

"Shut up" Kade mumble. "Next time it’s going to be a lamp."

I lie down and shut up, because he would do it. So we were stopped for the night? I could deal. I closed my eyes and let sleep take me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Words: 489