Status: In The Process

The Kaotic

Chapter 5

"This is your cell phone, I know you know how to use this, and if not then you'll learn." Kade said holding the touch screen in his hand. "Here is your credit card. Do not lose it. Do not spend like a mad man. Do not use it to impress women. Do not do drugs. I'm turning into my father." he says hanging his head in mock shame.

The pout he had was kind of cute. No homo. I chuckle as I think that part.

"What's so funny?"

"Nothing, just my thoughts, I'm hilarious until I start talking."

"What?" he blinks.

"Nothing I was just meaning that jokes are funny in my head but not so much when I say them. You were supposed to say 'I understand' or go tumbler girl on me and say 'I know them feels.' Or just a chuckle would have been fine."

"Oooookay. Dude, if Ash is done rambling on about how he's some closet comedian, we need to get on with the job now." said Kayleb.

"Where are we going?" I ask

"We're going to look for her in the yellow parts of the map I gave you yesterday. You're going to look in the green parts." Kade states.

"What if I told you I already knew where she was"

"UHM what? How would you have known? Do you have some sort of mind reading ability?"

"Something like that."

***************

I lead them down the ally in my dream on my motorcycle. Like seriously, this thing was sweet. I wasn't sure I could give it up when the time came. I was whipped for her. I think I'll call her Trudy. She's a badass bike, let me tell you.

I was wearing a leather Jacket with a hoodie under it. This IS New York and it IS winter, even though February 7th was getting close to spring, it was colder than it had been in December.

At the end of the ally I got off my bike and parked it. They stopped in their big SUV. Pretty sure Kayleb worshipped it like an idol.

"Are you for sure this is the place?" Kade said, examining the dingy looking apartment building. "I know this place is a dump but a 16 year old couldn't afford it without some sort of job. I wonder what kind of job she has? Bet its better than ours. Least we get a cool car and...." Kayleb cut him off.

"Focus. Ash, how do we get in there?"

I swear sometimes I think these two were used as basketballs when they were infants. They have some serious brain damage going on. I walk up to the door, and opened it. I held it open for them and let go in ahead of me.

This “partnership” was going to end up like a babysitter children relationship. I, a 17 year old, will be babysitting two 19 year olds. This was going to end great considering how much I loved in maturity. Not.

After they fought over whom got to go first (yes, they did that), it was a guessing game. Or so Kade said. But I knew which one it was. Not due to the cool powers I have, but there was a sign on the wall behind Kade’s head. It said the names of the tenants beside the apartment number.

It was going to be so much fun having to be the smart one. I was going to have to use basic common sense, or we would be running around in circles, like chicken with our heads cut off.

Now, its time for the fun part, getting my job done.
♠ ♠ ♠
Words: 613