Danger Line

005

As we walked our way to Johnny’s Saloon, which was my absolute favorite dive bar in the whole Orange County, I decided to inform Bails about our plans. Everything in Johnny’s suited my taste and believe it or not, even those stereotypical blonde's with fake boobs were the funniest and most awesome people I’ve ever met in my entire life.

change of plans. going to johnny’s. I wrote and hit the ‘send’ sensor button.

„So I assume you’re an often guest at Johnny’s.” Syn stated, kicking away the cigarette butt. It was already the second smoke in the last ten minutes. He poisoned himself even more than I did, which left me surprised.

„I’m there now and then,” I agreed, fixing the strap of the bag.

„Have you tried Dirty Echo?” Oh I knew what he was doing. He wanted to see if I wasn’t lying. Only the veterans willingly ordered something as stiff as the Echo. I knew, that’s my drink.

„Are you serious?” I looked up at him, „I invented it. That’s my ju-ju.”

„You came up with the thought of mixing absinthe, tequila and jagermeister in one glass...” He acknowledged getting a bit incredulous.

„Don’t forget a drop of JD.” I added.

„Why would anyone think it’s a good idea to mix them all together?” He questioned. I could already see the square where all the alcoholics gathered.

„Well... I was bored.”

„So you decided to make a legal killing method. Last time I drank that shit, Matt was forced to carry me out of there.”

„Well that’s the point.” I said, rethinking why did he bring it up in the first place? If I would’ve made myself seem completely clueless, would he have insisted on me drinking it? The phone vibrated in my pocket.

we’re at chris’s now. will finish up our drinks so don’t hold on with getting drunk. we’ll probably arrive already shitfaced.

Cool. That means I’ll have to spend my time with this specimen. All alone. With booze. What could go wrong? „So is Matt coming?” I asked curiously.

„He’s got some stuff to take care of, but yeah, he’ll be there.” We crossed the road and I noticed a couple of regulars who we passed by. Couple of them greeted me, couple of them greeted Syn, but the most couple-of-them drooled all over Syn’s existence. You can take a wild guess what sex were they.

„Hey Syn,” A blond girl I’ve drank before with greeted him with a naughty grin. He just winked, placing his hand on the small of my back, guiding me in the crowded place. The bouncer- Rickey, nodded, greeting us.

„How come I’ve never seen you here before?” He leaned closer, questioning in my ear. It was extremely difficult hearing even my own thoughts over the music and the loud chatter. The place was pushing it’s limits.

„Cause you’re always too busy to acknowledge the mere drunks sitting at the counter,” I was not going to pretend I hadn’t seen him here, hooking up with other chicks, when in fact being married.

„You told me previously you do stupid shit when you’re drunk,” He guided me to the counter.

„yeah?” I questioned, not really understanding where he’s getting at.

„What’s the stupidest thing you’ve done?” We squeezed through the crowd, finally managing our way over to the bar.

„Just the usual. Flashing the bartenders and dancing on the counter.”

„Hey Brian,” The bartender, Keith, who everyone happened to know by the nick- pretty boy, greeted him going into one of them guys hand shakes. I just rolled my eyes. „And you brought Twinkles.” He boosted himself on the counter. „What’s it gonna be?”

Syn pulled me so I’d be standing in front of him, „Twinkles?” He laughed in my ear.

„Shut up,” I elbowed his stomach, „Keith, be a dear and make two echo’s.”

„Coming up,” Two shot glasses flew up and he lost himself in making the two stiffest, most compelling shots ever known to man.

„If you think I’m going to drink that, you—„

„—have another thing coming. I know. I figured I’m going to insult you soon enough, so...”

„And you decided to go with two echo’s...” I looked back at him to see him confused and surprised at the same time. „Your night will end sooner than our friends will arrive and you can forget I will carry your bony ass home.”

„That’s because you’re a dick.”

„That’s two shots, babe.” He grinned at the exact same time when Keith returned with the shots.

„Anything else guys?” Keith’s blue eyes scanned us.

„One Corona for me,” Brian told as I took one of the shots in my fingers. I could already taste the tequila in my mouth, not even getting it to my lips. I despised the taste, but as long as it gets the job done, I’ll go with practically anything.

Keith nodded, grabbing a bottle from the fridge, „hey Twinkles, is Bails coming over?” Keith took the money from Syn for the drinks.

I sniffed the shot, instantly regretting it. Syn was pressing me against the counter, hard, I think I could even extinguish how much of abs did he posses, „I think so. They’re at Chris’s, warming up for the night. Why do you ask?”

„That whiskey bottle she ordered just came in,” He replied, before getting to another two girls. She ordered a bottle? Yeah, seems like Bailey. I looked back up at Syn to see his eyes glued to some girl and I even believe he was flirting with her, if it is possible to flirt with girls from afar, but to Synyster Gates? Hell everything is possible. I downed those two shots, placing the glasses upside down on the counter. The shots were pleasantly burning my throat.

„You’re unbelievable...” I sighed, making him shift all of his attention to me.

„What? A man has his needs.” He turned out to be everything I thought he was. But somehow I didn’t care for him hooking up with other chicks even tho he was married, until it didn’t get me involved in anything i don’t have to be involved in.

„Then go and talk to her,” I encouraged, holding out another two fingers to Keith.

„Nah. Not tonight. I’m here with you.” Syn’s browns narrowed on those two shots Keith was pouring, „Are you going to insult me again?”

„I’m not quite certain yet...” I squinted my eyes, rethinking his offer, „but those shot’s aren’t for me alone. You’re drinking too.”

„I already told you I won’t—„ He cut himself off, seeing the shots Keith was making aren’t dirty echo’s. „What’s that?”

„The good old Jagerbull’s.” I said looking back at the girl Syn had been flirting with. She was good looking. The complete opposite of myself. She was wearing a black dress, some killer heels with spikes and she was super blond. I figured her bright red lips were the ones to do the trick on him.

„I don’t get it... You just held two fingers up and he knew you wanted Jagerbull's instead of echo’s?” You know chump, I don’t get how you get a girl to suck your dick just with a look, but that’s just me.

„It’s quite simple actually,” I said taking the shots and handing him one right after he had given Keith the money. „My fingers stand only for one mere drink.” He took the shot and I raised mine pointing to the drink, „Jagerbull shot. If I want something else, I have to shout my request like every other mortal.”

„And every bartender remembers this request?” he questioned, wetting his lips with the shot. Judging by the grimace, he also didn’t like jagerbull.

„Why wouldn’t they? I drink only Jagerbull. It’s the same as to remember my name. Jagerbull is who I am.” I explained, clinking my glass to his, before throwing back my head and downing the shot. And yet again I placed the glass upside down very well knowing none of the bartenders liked it. Just then I noticed Syn looking at me with a raised eyebrow.

„Maybe I should give the 911 a call? Just in case.” he downed the shot although I could see he didn’t like it very much.

„Have you met Bailey?” I questioned, making him pucker his eyebrows.

„Who?”

„You should’ve seen her at least. She’s here every other day.” I explained and she was truly hard to miss.

„How does she look like?”

„Like lost dignity?” He seemed surprised to hear the remark, „She’s the one who’s everyone talking about. The one who smacked a guy with a cue?”

„That’s her?” His eyes went wide. „Babe, I saw the fight and I wouldn’t call it smacking. She nearly killed the dude. Me and Zack barely tamed her, while Matt checked if he’s alive.”

„Then you’ll like this. She’s my plus one tonight.”

„You’re joking.”

„I’m not, but that’s not why I started this topic. That night she downed at least ten echo’s.”

„I’m not surprised of the outcome knowing what you just told me. Who was the unlucky bastard?”

„Her ex husband.”

„Remind me not to mess with her,” He raised the Corona bottle to his lips. Syn’s eyes slid to the entrance and he smiled. Matt and Zacky joined us soon after.

„Before I’ve started drinking, here’s your keys,” Zacky handed me keys to dad’s Impala. „That baby can surely kick.”

„I wouldn’t know, I haven’t taken it for a spin yet.”

„You should. It’s something beyond this world.” He smiled, before he and Matt both shook hands with Syn.

„So how come you’re with this douchebag Meg?” Zacky questioned and for a moment I thought he would condemn me for spending time with a married man and even worse if this married man was his friend.

„Yeah, we thought you’re better than this, Twinkles.” Matt laughed.

„Okay now when even Matt, who I thought doesn’t know you, called you Twinkles, you have to tell me the story, babe.” Syn urged, his browns inspecting my face.

„Who doesn’t know Meg, man?” Matt questioned ordering some scotch.

„I guess I didn’t. Until today.”

„That’s because you’re stupid. Twinkles is the coolest chick.” Matt made me laugh.

„Okay, the story... someone? Why are you called Twinkles?” Syn looked at me, wrapping his arm around my waist. Uhmm, hello? Why are you touching me?

„She got totally drunk and started playing Twinkle Twinkle little star at one of the live events here.” Zacky explained, ordering a beer.

„Why?” Syn questioned.

„Cause Johnny, your Johnny, had passed out, I had the idea and I went with it.”

„You’re not the only one who makes fun of short-shit, Gates.” Zacky added, thanking Keith with a generous tip.

With the corner of my eye, I noticed Keith raising his hand in a gesture of greeting someone.

„Give me two shots and a Jagermeister. You can leave the bottle here, hot shots,” I knew that voice oh too well, if it wasn’t for Matt standing in front of me, I’d probably seen her.

I got out of Syn’s grip and squeezed through Zacky and Matt, seeing Chris and Bailey emptying two shots of pure Jagermeister.

„You’re complimenting Keith, what’s wrong with you?” I raised my eyebrow as she turned around greeting me with a hug.

„Meg, I missed you...” Umm, what? I saw her just today.

„She’s totally hammered,” Chris mouthed, nodding behind her back. Well, wasn’t he the most sober person out there.

„What did you both drink?”

„Just... stuff.” Bailey replied. Suddenly I felt like I was at the center of everyone’s attention. But of course, Matt who had stood behind me had taken his place beside Syn and their attention was clear as hell on both of us. „Matty bear!” She exclaimed. Oh boy.

„Uhmm, hi?” She threw herself around his neck. „Last time I met you, you threatened to kill me.”

„I was just fooling around,” She replied, pecking him on the lips.

„What to do with you Bails, huh?” He wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

„I’d say we should take a shot.” She smiled, trying to pull Matt along her to the counter, where a bottle of Jagermeister were awaiting.

„I’d say you’ve had enough.” Chris refilled their glasses.

„Sshhhh...” She shushed him holding out a finger. If it wasn’t for Matt, who was holding her, I’d say chances were high of her kissing the floor. She handed one of the glasses to Matt. „Now we drink.”

„And later?” He was very much amused. „You pass out and I carry you home?”

„Of course not.” She downed the shot, „You call the cab.”

I rolled my eyes on them, returning to Brian and Zacky. I’ll just never understand them two, I mean after Matt divorced his previous wife, he and Bailey started hooking up, they aren’t anything official. Sure it’s cute to look at them both, as long as Bails doesn’t get pissed over something and doesn’t threaten to pulverize Matt’s ass.

„I feel like you all know one another, but I don’t know shit. Why’s that?” Syn questioned looking over Matt and Bailey.

„Cause you wish to know the chicks with fake tits, instead of chicks with real guts.” Zacky took a big gulp, „Once I drank with Bailey and Twinkles... never again man.”

„It wasn’t that bad,” I shrugged, although I remembered him not being able to come out of the toilet for quite a while. I noticed a devious spark in Syn’s browns. He was up to something. To something no good.

„You’re kidding right? That was the worst night in my life, as far as I remember at least, and now excuse me, I believe I’ve noticed my girlfriend.” And with that Zack was gone.

„You wanna make the deal into a bet?” Brian asked, grinning.

„What are we betting on?”

„We’re both here to have fun, right?” Oh boy, I know exactly where’s this going.

„You wanna have sex with me...” Yeah, I was blunt. He nodded. „What are the rules?”

„If I can outdrink you, you’re mine for the night—„

„And if not?” That smug expression on his face stated he wasn’t even acknowledging such an option. Boy, buddy you’ll be in for a fun ride.

„You can figure something out.”

„Fine, I’m in. Only if you can’t outdrink me, you won’t try to get me in bed ever again, comprende?” I held out my hand.

„Piece of cake.” He took it. Well... Let the games begin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two chapters in one day. I'm on a goddamn spree you guys!