Status: [INDEFINITE HIATUS]

A Little Curious, a Little Insecure

Chapter Seventeen

The next day I exploded through the school's double doors and navigated through the crowd of oblivious humans. Roxy was the enemy! She was a Daeva. It all made sense now. The list of names was the list of people she had killed.

And, holy shit, that night at the party... when I felt attracted to her. That was her doing! Knowing that little bit of information angered me. A made a sharp turn, startling the people in the hallway. They scurried out of my way, creating room for me to stalk down the hallway.

I stopped when I got to her hallway. She was there already, frantically pulling things out of her locker and throwing them any which way it landed. Her face was absolutely priceless. It was stricken with worry. Roxy was so caught up in looking for what I was holding in my hands that she did not even notice me.

I walked up to her with a glare on my face, "What are you looking for?"

Roxy's worried face turned to mine. For a second, I almost felt sorry for her. To think someone else also knew the frustration I went through. The Daeva had it bad though. Their blood lust almost completely controlled them. My sympathy dissipated when Roxy's face turned into a scowl.

"What do you want Axel?" she snarled.

My cheeks flinched with anger as I soaked up the truth. Roxy was a vampire, the enemy vampire no less. I almost attacked her right in front of everyone in that hall. The chance seemed all too perfect but that would mean exploiting myself to the humans.

"I know what you are," I growled under my breath and threw her diary at her feet.

She looked at the book in shocked as she picked it up. Her head snapped back up at me at a lightening pace. The trait of vampirism. She narrowed her eyes at me and hissed.

"I know what you are too, Ventrue," she said in a threatening tone.

She turned on her heels and started down the hallway. My eye flinched in anger that I kept suppressed. I hissed at her back as she disappeared down the hallway. This would not be the last meeting we had.