Status: [INDEFINITE HIATUS]

A Little Curious, a Little Insecure

Chapter Twenty-Five

The next day was harder to get through than yesterday.

“Stay away from the human, Roxy. We can’t afford another mistake.”

“But I can handle myself! It’s already been several weeks.”

“Aww… how cute, Roxanne is counting the length of their relationship. It ends now, Roxanne. The war is soon. Don’t mess this up for us.”


When I got to school I couldn’t even walk through the front doors. I collapsed on the steps and let all the tears fall. My life was completely out of my control. My thirst controlled me. My clan controlled me. There was nothing in this life that was just for me. More tears fell from my eyes.

Bryce really was different. He made me feel special. He made me feel like I could do anything. He believed in me. Confided in me. He loved me for who I was not what I was. And I had been able to keep the relationship alive for so long, why couldn’t they just let us be?

“Oh, did you lose your manifesto of kills?”

I lifted my head from my hands to glare at Brandon. He noticeable took a step back when he saw how distraught I looked. But it did not hinder him from taking another shot at me.

“Or did you get an upset stomach from all the filthy humans you’ve been eating?”

“What do you want from me Brandon?” I spat as I stood up to face him.

“I want you and your filthy clan to leave.” He retorted.

“Not happening, Axel.”

“You got my name right for once,” he said. “Probably the only thing you can do right anyways.”

I heaved a deep breath and composed myself. Tears threatened to spill over the brim of my eyes. But I would not let him have the satisfaction of causing me tears. So I pulled back my hand socked him a good one in the gut.

The air came right out of him, making me smirk a little. That made me feel a little better. I walked around Brandon and ran away from Obview High.