Status: [INDEFINITE HIATUS]

A Little Curious, a Little Insecure

Chapter Three

Something in the air changed around me. There was an unseen force at work in Obview High, a bad unseen force. I narrowed my eyes, trying to concentrate on what the source of the disturbance was. My bubble kingdom had been infiltrated and it was being poison by some type of virus.

The weirdest thing though... the virus felt familiar.

People were chattering in the hall about something. I could not make out what they were saying. I walked down the crowded hallway that was slowly clearing. Something ran into me and cursed very loudly. I looked down ward and noticed a brown haired girl on the ground.

I raised my eyebrows, "Who are you?"

The girl looked back up at me with piercing blue eyes. I almost jumped back in shock. Her eyes were unnaturally light blue. It seemed as if the light reflected off of her eyes and created an odd zig zag pattern in her iris. She stood up, brushing herself off. She picked up her beige messenger bag and narrowed her eyes at me.

"Some welcoming party this stupid place has," she snapped at me.

I was taken aback by her rudeness, yet could not find it in myself to be mad at her, at least not yet. Why was she the one to be upset? She had walked straight into me. I stuck my hand out and put a smile on my face.

"Brandon Axel, welcome to my Obview High school."

The girl stared at my hand as if it were covered with worm infested feces. I followed her gaze to my hand and set it by my side. She has this odd aura, an odd energy, around her. I could not put my finger on it but I sensed that she was the change I felt in the atmosphere. There was nothing threatening or evil I could sense about her though.

"Your Obview High school? Why is it yours?"

I blinked. No one had really asked me that before. No one had ever rejected my friendliness. I had a sudden eagerness to be annoyed with the way she acted. Her attitude matched her hair style. It was edgy and awful.

"Well," I started slowly, "Because I'm Brandon Axel."

"Look, I don't give a fuck who you are, Brandon Asshole."

"Axel," I corrected in annoyance.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," she began to turn in the opposite direction.

"Wait, you never told me your name," I demanded.

"You never asked, asshole," she said turning around so that she was walking backwards.

I didn't respond.

"Roxy," she said, spinning around and rushing to her fist class.