World Through White Eyes

Adam

My name is Adam. I don't know much more than that as of yet. I don't know where I'm from, who my parents are/were or even what I am. The first thing I remember was waking up in a white room. I was alone but people were watching me. I was cold, I was scared, and hurt to breathe so much that I cried. 3 or 4 greens came and took me from the room and into another. There was a blue, a pink, a few oranges, and the 3 or 4 greens with me. They all looked shocked. There was also a purple there; she spoke to me. "Adam, how do you feel?"
"I... I feel... Nothing." I said, it was the truth. Besides feeling scared when I first woke up, as well as feeling cold, I felt nothing. No desire, no emotion; if curiosity didn't count.
The people began to talk and murmur.
"You blanked him" the purple said. "You have failed." She was talking to the greens.
"Not necessarily" the blue said. He turned to the leader. "We could re-do the project or just have him settle to what we wish."
"Like a babe?" The purple asked.
They led me away and the others continued to talk.
"What’s going on?" I asked.
The orange looked at me a bit confused. "Oh, uh, you don't remember do you? Well you were born like any other. Born white. Do you know what that means?"
"I know of my world but not of myself" I replied. "Why am I still white? Do I not have a... Personality?"
The orange laughed. "I'm sure you do. We were trying to change colors."
"So what was I before?" I asked. "It must have worked since I am no longer what I must have been!"
"I didn't work. We wanted to change the colors. Not erase them." The orange replied. "which means we have failed"
"Oh" I hung my head. "Ok so now what?"
The orange took my chin in one of his hands and stared into my eyes.
"Uh what are you doing?" I asked
"that's interesting" he let me go and headed out.
"What’s interesting!?" I shouted but he was gone. "Uh!!" I huffed and sat on the arm of the chair.

The next 8 months went by quickly. I learned that I was 22 years old, that I used to be a common color, I was taught quickly in the ways of the world, but I was also put though many tests; both physical and metal. All together, the people took at least 2 pounds of blood. The greens seemed baffled by me. I only wish I knew why. I was contained in the room with no means of entertainment and only given the necessary food and water; nothing adventurous for my taste buds. I would have stayed since it was all I knew. If it weren't for the conversation I herd between 2 greens.

"If we succeed with him, perhaps it would be beneficial to awaken the other"
the other became angry. "NO! We are going to terminate that project! Area 7 was a waste of precious resources. We cannot continue it."

Being the age of 22 and possible the wisdom and immaturity of a teenager, I wondered what was in area 7 and went to find out. That night, using my knowledge of the security systems and watch of the building, I snuck out of the watchful eye of the oranges. It was a simple 'go to the bathroom and never come out' del. there were vent that ran in the ceiling of the building. They ran everywhere on the floor and the other on the lower floors could be reached with little difficulty. The only thing was that I had to be unafraid of the things that crawled in these vents. I was not afraid of the spiders and other such things; I just had to watch where I laid my heads or my knees.
As I reached the end of the vent I looked down upon an orange that guarded the door to the mysterious area 7. Looking at my resources, I concocted a plan to distract him. There was. Small coffee cup in this vent; probably meant to be hidden from the purple's knowledge and then forgotten. It we still 1/2 full. I took it and poured it ever-so-easy down onto the floor. The man looked up and grimaced in disgust. The brown liquid looked much like old dirty water.
The man left his pot to report the incident and clean up the mess. I in turn followed, until he went into the bathroom. Quickly, I let down and locked the door. Right bride the bathroom was a closet and inside was an extra guards outfit, hat included. I put the hat and e jacket on and took my pot. With a key card, I entered the password and went inside the dreaded area 7.

It was a dark, dreadfully cold room. Like being in a freezer; I could even see my breath. My voice echoed slightly so I knew the room must be large. Foolishly, I turned on the bluish green emergency lights. There was a countless number of tools on many tables. They looked like something doctors and scientist would use. Beakers, operation tools, and heated plates that started when I hit the lights, there were microscopes and so many more that I could not recognize. But that’s not what interested me. It was the table at the very center of the room with an all blue light casting upon it. It was covered with thick, heavy fabric.
I shivered out of the cold and walked closer to this forbidden area. On the desk next to the table was a pad with the name Zora.
"You are a girl?" I asked and lifted the top. A white female was underneath and I stumbled back. "No"
"You were never meant to see that, dear"
I turned and saw the pink walking towards me. She looked sad, her eyes were grey. "She was our first try. Poor thing."
"How many more tries are there... will be?" I asked.
"Just you" The pink said. "But since they failed, there will be more"
"How old was I?"
"18" She answered. "You were already settled. You ended up like she did but somehow you came back alive. It was a miracle."
I couldn't believe it. No wonder the greens were baffled by me they couldn’t understand how I am alive. "So I’m just your guinea pig" I stated. "Ok, I get it. What color was I?"
"I... I don't know"
"no, no, no, no you won't tell me"
"It wouldn't make a difference, son. You’re white now" The orange that I locked in the bathroom came up armed. "You’re coming with me"
"I'm not going anywhere until I get some answers. “I stepped back my hand on a table. Between myself and the others was the table with the girl. The purple ran in and yelled at the orange to take me down. A green behind her pleaded to keep me alive and that I was a valuable project. I narrowed my eyes and felt around the table. Gently touching a hot plate I smirked.
"Why terminate her?" I asked. "If I’m alive, she could be again"
"Oh if only we could..." the pink started.
“Waste of valuable resources" I repeated the words of what I heard. "Now that I’ve found this, am I also a waste of valuable resources"
"yes, you are” the purple said. "I told them that you were a waste of time. You are a white we wanted another color besides red!"
I froze. "I... I was a red?" I ask. "No... I'm not a red. I not a... a killer or, or... or a... a, ya know a... bad... person" I couldn't say it. I don't know why, I guess I was just nervous.
"Terminate that thing!" the purple screeched and the oranges and green aimed at me. The pink became to cry, ads pinks love all things unconditionally. I took the hot plate from the bottom and threw it across the room. I heard a green shout as the plate hit a bottle of odd black colored liquid. I dove underneath the table in the center as an explosion occurred. It blew away the wall and I ran for freedom, into the heavily wooded area. I was free from the greens and that heartless purple. But where would I go? I had no money or means of getting any. Well.... no good means. I could always be a thief. I trekked towards the city unprepared for what I would see, hear, or even do.

This is my record of my life I will write as I see it, for I have no other points of view. I am Adam. And this is my story.