‹ Prequel: Unholy Confessions
Status: Updated as much as possible (:

Seize the Day

Waking the Fallen.

(Zacky's POV)

I remember the day that I said my last goodbye to Marigold all too well. It has been two long and hard years already, but I still remember it like it was yesterday.

The sun was covered by grey, dreary clouds and the sky was dark. I was dressed in a casual suit and tie, my hair slicked back into place. It had been a few days since I had even seen the light of day but I wasn't ready to face the harsh reality that I was going to be burying my best friend today. "Mari I don't know if I can do this." I mumbled quietly to myself, wiping a stray tear away from my eye. "Come on man lets get inside." Brian said as he put his arm over my shoulder. I just nodded, following alongside him as we sat down in the front row. Mari's mom and dad were next to us and the rest of the gang were scattered throughout the rest of the rows. Gena had even came to show her respect and brought my son too. I hugged onto him tightly, seeing his green eyes shine up at me. He didn't understand what was going on, but I knew when the time was right that I was going to tell him all about Marigold and what she meant to me.

The music had softly started to play in the background until the pastor had came into view. He started off by saying a short prayer before he then began to talk about Mari. I leaned against Brian who gave me a reassuring pat on the back, I felt like I was falling apart all over again. "Now I'd like for everyone to come up and share their own stories about Marigold and her life. Her parents would like to speak first." I glanced over at Mari's mom who slowly approached the front with the help of Mari's dad. They both were in complete tears as they stood beside her casket, looking down at their beautiful daughter who was taken from them so soon. I couldn't keep myself focused on mostly anything except for when the sound of Matt's voice had started to come from the microphone. I felt a chill run throughout my entire body as he spoke so greatly of her. I knew it was pety of me to be feeling jealous, but it still hurt me some to know that he had even tried to take her away from me.

After he was finished, Lena and Jimmy took their turn as well as Brian, Johnny and Lacey. I decided that I would go last and give everybody the best damn story about Marigold that I knew. "I know this is not an easy thing to say, but Marigold was the best thing that had ever happened to me and it's so hard knowing that I'm not going to be seeing her again but I know that she's here with all of us today in spirit." I took in a shaky deep breath before continuing on. "Marigold was the most beautiful girl that I had ever gotten the pleasure of meeting. I remember when we first met in 8th grade, she stole my favorite pencil and I kept her favorite pumpkin shaped eraser as a ransom until she finally gave it back a week later. I know it sounds lame, but after that day I swear it's like we became best friends instantly. Marigold supported me in everyway possible as I did for her. It felt like it had been forever since I had last seen her and when she came back from Florida I was so happy to know that she was finally home. Because depsite everything, Marigold was the only woman that I ever loved more than anything else in this world. Which is why the ring I wear on my finger shows the commitment that I've made to her. Before she passed away, I asked her to marry me and if she could have answered I know she would have said yes, so I gave her the ring that I had kept in my family for as long as I can remember. I wish I could see her now, but I'd just like for her to know that I love her and that I miss her more than she knows. I love you baby."

Once I was finished, the whole church clapped for me like I had won some award. I hurried back to my seat before the pastor announced that he was going to play a slideshow about Mari with some of her favorite songs. Of course, "November Rain" just had to be thrown in there, didn't it? I couldn't hold back the tears any longer as pictures of me and her flashed by on the screen as the song started to play. She was my soulmate, my best friend, I still couldn't believe that she was actually gone from me. I could hear the sounds of many people sniffling and sobbing from all around me. Brian closed out the service with a beautiful guitar solo and the pastor ended with another prayer.

As we made our way over to the cemetary, I could feel the drops of rain start to lightly fall to the ground. I guess heaven knew it was a sad day too. "Zacky, are you gonna be able to handle this?" Lena asked me once we pulled in through the heavy iron gates. I sucked in a short breath before nodding uneasily. "I hope so Lenny but I really don't think that I can. I'm not ready to say goodbye to her yet." She wrapped her arms around me in a tight hug and rubbed my back soothingly. I know she missed Marigold just as much as I did, they were closer than anything, they acted like sisters instead of best friends most of the time. "It's going to be alright, we have to be strong." She whispered into my ear before she pulled away from me and followed along with Jimmy who was helping carry Mari's casket with Matt, Brian, Johnny, and Mari's dad. I was supposed to help too, but everybody knew that I probably wouldn't be able to handle it anyways.

"I invite you all to place a flower ontop of the casket as we send our dearly loved sister Marigold off into a better place. Her spirit will live on with us for the rest of our lives as we go on. Until we meet again sister Marigold." The priest placed a large red rose on the top before everyone else soon followed suit. I stared at the bright yellow sunflower in my hand, seeing my tears start to fall all over it. I knew it was time to say goodbye, but I still wasn't ready. "I love you baby, I really hope you know that. I'm going to make you proud and be the successful man that I know you knew that I can be. See you again my love." I kissed the flower before placing it ontop of the casket right above where I knew Marigold's face was. I wanted her to see mine first. I walked away quickly from the grave site as the workers started to lower the body into the ground. I now knew that I was finally all on my own.
♠ ♠ ♠
And here it is, the first chapter :) I'm so glad to seet you all are so anxious to read it already, i already have 6 subscribers without even the first chapter being posted! I hope you all enjoy, it's going to be a long story! :)