‹ Prequel: Unholy Confessions
Status: Updated as much as possible (:

Seize the Day

This Means War.

(Zacky's POV)

We had just released our newest album a couple days go, City of Evil, which actually featured a song that I had written a couple years ago when Marigold was still alive. It was titled "Seize the Day" and ironically enough it was about losing and missing someone deeply. When I had first shown the song to them, everyone automatically agreed that it would be put on the record simply because it all made us think about Mari. Matt did an amazing job on the vocals but I knew it was a hard thing to do. I was still a bit jealous that he had still tried to take her from me. My son turned two this past March and he had the most energy that I had ever seen in a kid. He loved to come to band practices and dance along to the music. Gena and I remained close but to an extent. Over the last year she had gotten engaged to her boyfriend which ultimately made it difficult to keep in touch unless it was about our son. I went to visit Marigold almost everyday when I could. I would tell her about how the album was already selling gold and that I was going to be filming a music video soon. Because even though she wasn't here physically, I knew that she could still hear me and that she was still listening to everything that I told her.

I also told her about my son and how he was getting so much bigger and how I wish she could be here to see him grow up with me. I knew he would have loved to get to know her like I did. She was the best thing to ever come into my life. I was actually on my way to go and pick him up until Jimmy had called saying to meet over at Matt's house for a last minute meeting."Yeah no worries, I'll just go pick up little Z tomorrow." I sighed before hanging up and turning around in the other direction towards Matt's

. Once I had gotten there I noticed everybody already outside waiting in the garage. "Hey sorry it's so last minute man. Larry called, he said we need to start planning out a tour and I figured since its about to be June, we might as well head out for the summer. He also said about a new merch sales team." I scratched the back of my head nervously. I hated making decisions and meeting new team members, I still wasn't used to not working with just my friends and family. "Well I don't see why not, I can talk to Gena and make arrangements for her to come out with little Z a couple times. I'm in." Jimmy nodded in agreement followed by Brian, Johnny, and Matt. "Alright it's settled then, we'll leave on the 3rd of June." Well I'm glad that's over with. Now time to go and meet this new 'team'.

"Guys, glad to see you! Come on in." Larry motioned for all of us to sit down at the table once we arrived to the office. I sat down beside Brian before I suddenly laid my eyes on someone I had never seen before. She had dark hair that was long on one side and shaved off on the other. Her face was slender with her lips adorned in snakebites, a nose piercing and her ears stretched slightly. She was cute to say the least but I wasn't interested. I only hoped that she wasn't a part of this new team that Larry was talking about. "Guys I'd like you to meet Autumn, she's going to be in charge of selling and handling all the merch during this upcoming tour. Say hi." I mentally smacked myself in the face before putting on the best half smile that I could before I waved hi. "I want you all to get to know eachother better before this night is through." I groaned under my breath instantly recieving a nudge in the arm from Brian. "Shut it and be nice." He muttered, I just nodded and played along.

"So Autumn, how old are you?" Johnny asked her. She bit down on her lip before answering. "I'm 21 but I'll be 22 next year." Her voice was calm yet excited, obviously she was nervous about being here. "So are you a fan?" I smirked, seeing her glance over at me quickly before she looked away and over at Matt. "I am. But I keep things professional no matter what the situation. I know how to handle myself and I don't require anyone to be worried about me being some sort of super fan girl." I heard everyone snicker lightly at the response she had given me. This girl definitely had the guts, that's for sure. "Well I think that answered his question. How about we go out and get some food guys? My treat." Larry offered to us. I just agreed to whatever, still stunned by the way Autumn had answered. I had a good feeling that this was going to be one of the most interesteing tours that I will ever have the pleasure of being on. I just wish Marigold was here to see it.

As we arrived at dinner, a nice Italian place down on Main Street by the beach, I could tell by the way Autumnm was staring at me that she still wasn't fnished. "Got something else to say?" I asked with a small smile. She rolled her eyes before shoving pass me lightly inside. "Nope. Just that I can't believe I'm going to be stuck with a cocky ass dude like yuo for a whole 3 months." I couldn't help but to laugh at that as I continued to sit down beside her at the table, seeing her eyes grow wide in disbelief. I was deteremined to make this girls life on tour with us something she was never going to forget. No one could take the place of Marigold and I certainly wasn't about to let some little girl try to come in and try to run things.
♠ ♠ ♠
And here's chapter two :) I am so glad you guys like this story so far, I've gotten nothing but positive feedback and it makes me super happy to keep writing for you all :) Enjoy guys! There's more to come ;)