‹ Prequel: Unholy Confessions
Status: Updated as much as possible (:

Seize the Day

Second Heartbeat.

(Zacky's POV)

"You do realize that its already a month and a half into it and you still haven't made a move." I shook my head laughing at what Johnny was currently saying. Over the last few weeks, Autumn and I had gotten better with eachother. I guess you can say we actually started to become friends but I definitely still wasn't ready to even think about it as any other way simply because I was still attached to Marigold. I opened up to Autumn about her sometimes and she understood me completely. I tried my best to get her to open up with me more but I knew she was still holding back some. "We're friends, nothing more and nothing less. Besides man you know how I am with Mari." Johnny sighed in defeat scratching the back of his head. "Sorry dude I didn't mean it like that I know you're still healing." I shrugged, turning my head towards the enterance of the backstage area when I suddenly saw Autumn appear.

"Hey Vengeance, hi Christ." She greeted us cheerfully giving me a shy grin. I noticed Johnny take it as his cue to leave once he smacked me on my back and walked out of the lounge leaving Autumn and I alone. She hesitated a bit while looking up at me and biting on her bottom lip. "So I was wonderng if you wanted to go check out some of the stores around this place and maybe get food before the show tonight?" I couldn't help but smile at the nervousness in Autumn's voice as she asked me. I figured it would do me some good to go out and get some air anyways so I agreed to her invitation happily. "Sure thing doll but it's not a date because I don't date my fans." She rolled her eyes dramatically before shoving me lightly. "In your dreams Vengeance, I already told you I don't do cocky asses." I chuckled shaking my head at her until she turned on her heels and headed back out to the front with the rest of the guys.

I honestly felt a bit guilty about going out with Autumn later but I knew deep down that it was nothing more than just simple friendly hanging out like we normally did on our days before and after the shows. Still I just hoped that I could keep things that way so neither of us got hurt.

"Baker where are you going?" Brian asked as he wiggled his eyebrows at me while I waited outside of the bus for Autumn to finish getting ready. I put a cigarette in between my lips and lit it up, taking in a large cloud of smoke before answering him. "I'm going to hangout with Autumn and check out the town." Brian cooed loudly in my ear making me blow my smoke out at him. He swatted it away and glared at me slightly making me laugh. "Well I'm glad to see you finally let someone else in for a change. I'm sure Mari would be happy to know that you're getting back up on your feet." I felt the guilt start to slowly creep up on me as he said those words but I did my best to ignore it and just accept his praise. "Come on Vengeance I don't have all day to wait while you smoke your cancer stick with Gates here." Autumn's voice came suddenly from behind me. I quickly tossed the finished cigarette away and said bye to Brian before Autumn and I started on our adventure around downtown Miami, Florida.

The city was busy but not enough to where it was almost impossible to walk anywhere without running into someone. Autumn wore her hair up in a bun which showed both sides of her shaved head and a tight black AFI tank top with black skinnies and a pair of Vans. She did look really pretty for just being casual. I wasn't going to lie, she was definitely my type of girl but as I said before I still didn't feel comfortable taking that next step. She raised an eyebrow at me once she noticed me staring causing me to turn away quickly. "What are you looking at Baker?" She asked with a coy smirk. I pretended to not hear her and stared off into the sky as we continued walking around until she finally stopped dead in front of me, making me run right into her. "Ow." I muttered seeing her face still holding that same smirk. She was deinitely up to something.

"Why are you staring at me like I'm a piece of meat hot off the grill?" I suddenly felt myself getting a bit flustered as Autumn kept staring at me with that same damn smile still glued to her face. "Um because I think you look pretty today?" She blurted out in a fit of giggles, clutching her sides. "That's all? Jeez we're not ten Zacky, you can tell me what you're thinking." I just stayed quiet until we eventually started on our walk again this time towards a small cafe outside of the busy downtown area. I held the door open for Autumn who looked at me with a puzzled expression. "What? Now it's against the law to be a gentleman to you? God you're so hard to please." I teased sticking my tongue out at her. She walked by me without another word before a waitress sat us at our table. When our food had finally arrived, we ate and made light conversation about mostly nothing until it was time to start heading back to the venue for the show.

I honestly couldn't count the number of odd stares that I recieved from each of the guys and our fans as we passed by to the backstage area. I knew everyone was going to start wondering sooner or later. "Well I had fun Baker thank you for hanging out with me, see you after the show." I nodded in agreement and smiled up at her. "Me too, have fun selling our shit." She chuckled lightly until all I could feel was the soft touch of her lips onto mine in a small kiss.

Now I know for sure things were about to get even more interesting from here on out.
♠ ♠ ♠
i'm so sorry this took me so long to post guys! I've again re written this chapter countless times over again just like the last. Damn writers block! -.- well i hope you all enjoy guys! I love you all! :D