Status: Trying for a weekly update.

Planning World Domination

The Idiot

We arrived home after an antagonising twenty minute drive. Do you know what made it so frustrating? The mute cat. Not once did he communicate to me in the car. Not that I was expecting it to. I dumped him carelessly onto the glassy white tiled floor of the main hallway and made my way into the kitchen for a drink of water. That whole shopping ordeal had me parched as a piece of paper sunbathing in the sahara dessert. As I drank, I watched dad and the cat follow my footsteps. I wondered, would the cat be thirsty.

"Hey father!" I called out before he disappeared into the lounge room. " Do we have anything to give the cat to drink?"

I saw his expression change, like he was disappointed in me or something. " Water will be just fine for him." He said quite dismissively, turning back around.

I washed my glass out and then filled it and placed it on the floor in front of the cat. "Here you go kitty." I said with a smile, even though I was still very annoyed at him. How dare he refuse to talk to me. Or to make me question a cat's communication skills. They have none. I am sure of it!

He walked up to the glass and with ease knocked it over with his front paw, spilling water all over the floor.

"What was that?" My father called out from the next room.

"Nothing!" I quickly called out. He will be hearing another noise shortly as I plan to kick the cat out of the window!

"You could've just said no." I whispered quietly to the cat as I dropped a tea towel on the wet floor. He replied with a pleased sounding meow infuriating me further. I bet he was enjoying this too.

After mopping up his mess another thought popped into my head. "Father!"

"Yes dear." I let it pass that he did not call me Stephanie for the moment.

" What do cats eat?" There was silence for a moment, all that could be heard was the muffled sound of a television program.

" We forgot to buy cat food." He replied stiffly.

" Well you're an idiot aren't you!" My frustration for the moment exploded into words, like it normally does. Sometimes it gets me into trouble, more so at school then at home. It's just me and father here and he knows I can have a bad temper and just ignores my outbursts.

There was a static crack from within the lounge room and out came my father looking sulky.

"I'll be back in a moment. I need to buy a few things for our pet. Hopefully he doesn't need to go to the bathroom anytime soon."

Why would father worry about that? I've seen that Date Movie and the cat seemed to use the toilet just fine, silly father. I just hope the cat doesn't have that much gas. I waved dad goodbye as he made for the door and left. Which meant me and the cat were alone together at last.