Status: First Short :D

Masked Hero

Hero

It was the party of the century, they said that everyone would remember it forever. The party would fade in the memories of the dancers and servers, the music they would hum time to time, but the one thing they would truly remember, was the man with the red and black dingo mask. He was part of the crowed, no one noticed him, that's how he liked it, to be one with the crowed.

That changed soon though, when he found her laughing and talking to a man with a green and blue, narrow mask. His voice was annoying and he was just one of those men, you could tell that would use anyone and everyone in his path. "Would you like to dance?" the man asks the girl, holding out his hand to her.

The girl hesitates, but takes his hand. The man with the narrow masks leads her to the dancer floor. The man that founded himself drawn to the girl, couldn't take his eyes off of them to save his life. He wanted to go over to the man and tell him, to get away from her, cause she was his. But--he knew, he could never have her the way he wanted her.

He rolls back his shoulders, he makes up his mind to brake the two apart. Tonight, she would be his, at least for a little bit.

Walking past people, talking, laughing, dancing, eating and drinking. He doesn't touch any of them, as if he was a ghost. He had been able to blind in easily all his life, it wasn't by choice mind you. "Excuse me," the pair stop dancing, the girl looks up at him with safire eyes, with a silver spiral mask framing them. Her baby blue dress fits well to her body, with her bright blond hair sits on top of her head, with lose curly strands hanging here and there against her skin.

"Can we help you?" the man she dancing with asks, right away feeling distaste to the man with the dingo mask.

"I was hoping the young miss, would care to change dance partners," the man with the dingo mask hardly looks at the man next to the girl.

The girl can't get away from the other man fast enough. "Till next time then," the other man tells her, then he walks off unhappily shooting the man with the dingo mask a discussed look.

"Thank you," the girl whispers softly to him.

"Your welcome," they place their hands where they are meant to be and start to dance. "Are you enjoying your self?" he asks her, hoping to hear the words she not and that she wants to leave. If she would want to leave, they might be able to stay together and travel the world, as he has done many times over and over again, since he was a child.

"Yes and no," she tells him.

She couldn't leave with him, with that sort of answer. Maybe it was a fouls hope. "If the man was still dancing with you, would you want to leave?" he wants to hear those words that she wants to leave, oh so badly.

She giggles, oh how he loved hearing her giggle. "Maybe, yes." she gives him a smile, that he hopes to keep in his mind forever.

The song comes and goes, they could careless they are enjoying themselves. "Travel the world with me," he tells her.

"I don't know you though," she tells him.

"Ask me anything," he tells her eagerly.

As she about to open her mouth to ask a question, the man with the narrow mask comes behind the dingo mask man. Placing his hand on his shoulder, they stop dancing and turn around to the narrow man. "It's my turn to dance with the young lady," he tells the man with the dingo mask.

The smell of wine fills their noses and all the man with the dingo mask wants to do, is get the girl away from the man. "Do you want to dance with him?" I ask her calmly.

"Sorry, but I'm enjoying myself," she tells the man.

The man walks off again, this time forming a way to get back at the two. "Thank you for picking me," the dingo masked man tells her.

She smiles at him, takes his hand and leads him outside to the fountain. "So who are you?"

He couldn't tell her, he was a phantom after all. Phantoms made no ties to people, but for her he would brake that rule just to have her. He puts his hand against the side of her face, which she leans into and touches her hand to his, as if wishing he would never take his hand off her face. "A phantom," he tells her softly, it was no lie he was what he was.

The man with the triangle mask stumbles out of the party, more drunk then before. "Its my turn," he sways walking over to them, with a bottle of wine in his hand. "to dance with her," he slurs out.

The man with the dingo mask, moves the girl behind him. "Stay behind me," he whispers to her. "She told you before, that she didn't want to dance. What makes you think, that she would want to dance with you?" he asks the man calmly.

"Cause, she will dance with me, after you are dead." with unhuman strength he brakes the bottle in his hands, making it into two different peace's with shard points.

The dingo masked man had dealt many like him, they all want to kill after they are denied of what they want. He defended those that were in risk, he would gladly do the same thing for the girl, if only to make her safe, even if he would never get to see her again. "I can't allow that,"

The man charges at the dingo masked man, he moves the girl to the other side of him, as he grabs the man with the bottle wrist, as if he was moving slow, he flips the man into the fountain. The man groans, as he stands up in the fountain. "You'll be sorry for that," he tells the dingo masked man, then he jump out of the water.

The dingo masked man moves the girl further away, then he grabs the man by the throat and slams his head into the ground. Blood starts to come out of the man head. "Rest in the shadows of hell," he says through his teeth, then he lets go of the man throat. He stands up and looks at the girl with fear in her eyes. "I wish I could stay in your life forever," he whispers to her, then he's gone.

People come outside, see the blood scream in fear of what might had happened. The wouldn't remember the man that was drunk and they wouldn't remember the man with the dingo mask. No one but the girl that he saved, the girl that he had loved for just one night. She wanted to thank him and to know him better, but after that night she never seen him again, but that didn't mean that she didn't think about him, dream about him and a little peace of her heart belonged to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my first short, hope everyone liked it :).