Inheritance Is...

Frustrating

Megan was overexcited. She got promoted that week and got the once-in-a-life-time chance to expand the company. She chose Kentucky for a very important reason. Her brothers desperately needed her help. So she left in a hurry to start a new branch of LARGE ANIMAL VETERINARY CLINIC. she set up within the week and raced over to the so-called 'estate'. A dilapidated farm with 6 sick horses and a roach motel.
"So glad you came" Adam said and gave her a hug.
"Yea!" Daniel hugged her as well. "We need you help"
"Yeah I know" Megan said. "Where are they?"
"In the barn" Daniel said.
"Stables" Adam and Megan corrected.
"So what" Daniel shrugged.
Megan ran over and saw the horses, all laying down. She went for the foals first. "good their weaned. But they are thin. dang. She did a quick check up and went to get her supplies."
"Daniel, Adam. I need you to buy me some things" She gave them a list and they headed out. On they way back, they spotted a grey horse in the same shape as the others.
"There's another one!" Adam shouted.
"Oh boy" Daniel said. "Stop, stop, stop. I'll lead him back" By now, Daniel had taken to the horses and knew how to handle them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"wow. 7 of them?" Megan asked.
"Yup" Daniel said. "found this guy nearby. Must have wandered off."
"Who knows where he's been staying" Adam added. "We haven't seen him around here."
"Maybe he only goes back at night." Megan said. "Bring him over." She looked him over and led him to his stall. "Rock N' Roll"
"huh?" The twins asked.
"His name is Rock N' Roll"
"how come you get to name him?" Adam whined. "We found him"
"No look" Megan pointed to the empty stall. "These horses don't go into any stalls but their own. There;s 8 stalls, 7 horses. The only 2 that share a stall is the Chestnut mare and her foal, the little appaloosa" The 7th and 8th stalls have no name plates. So the empty one with a name plate must be his.
"Oh." Adam says "What are the others names?"
"Wait, did you say that the Chestnut and the spotted one are mom and kid?"
"Yeah, so?" Megan said. "That's not the point. The point is we have to keep the chestnut well fed so she can nurse the appaloosa." She smiled. "She doesn't have a name"
"I call it!" the twins shouted. They did a game of rock, paper, scissors, best 3 outta 5, to decide who wins. Daniel won. He walked over and saw the chestnut standing guard. "What's the mom's name?"
"Look at the plate" Megan said as she examined Rock N' Roll.
"Oh, hey, Red Star" Daniel said. Red Star snorted at him and he pulled his head back in surprise.
"What'd I say about quick movements?" Adam remarked. "Stop it"
"I can't get a good look at her, that's all" Daniel said and folded his arms.
"Here" Adam went over and led the mare away, still letting her see her baby.
"Oh wow" Daniel said. "She's so... fuzzy"
"That's because she's a foal. They lose their fuzz when they're older" Megan said, not even looking at her brother.
"What's that marking called again? "Daniel asked. "Stripe?"
"That's what most people call it" Megan said "But it's called a blaze"
"Oh, I like that." Daniel said. "Blaze. I'm gonna call her that"
"So technically, Megan named her" Adam teased. He let Red Star go and the mare went over to her foal.