Goodbyes Never Last Forever

Preface

My life was very simple. At the start of everyday I’d wake up, do my morning routine and then go to work. When work was over I would go home, eat a quick dinner, and then go to bed. This was how my life was 365 days out of the year. I didn’t go out with guys or make plans with my colleges, I didn’t have any hobby’s that occupied my spare time nor any family to pester me about my day.

In fact my life at this point was so meaningless that if I died today no one would miss me, not even my employers who I worked so diligently for would even register that I was gone. It was a sad life, I knew that but it was still my life. I chose this path and for good reasons yet some part of me knew that this simple life I had created couldn’t last forever.

A new day would start and it would play out just like any other. I’d wake up at six in the morning to my completely simple bedroom. The word ‘simple’ was actually an understatement. Everything in my room, my whole apartment in fact, was only there because they were necessary. I had a twin sized bed made up with a single pillow and two sheets. The few articles of clothing I had were stored in a closet that was no bigger than my fridge and the adjoining bathroom had a sink, toilet, shower and few toiletries. The rest of my apartment was no different.

By seven I’d leave my apartment and walk a few blocks before stopping at the coffee shop. I’d order the same thing and leave. Walking only one more block down I would enter my workplace by eight. I was an accountant so I mostly balanced books and checked funds. There I stayed until nine at night and I’d pack up to leave. By ten o’clock pm I’d be back home to my boring apartment.

Nothing in the apartment was worth looking at. Even my walls were plain. I had no decorations or pictures hanging up on them. I didn’t need any sort of reminders of the person I had once been, I didn’t need pictures of a past life that I had single handedly destroyed, I needed to forget. Everyone needed to forget about Amora Thorn, but not everyone had.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter will be posted September the 24th which is a Wednesday. This story will only be a handful of chapters long so updates should be frequent. If you like this short story then please comment or subscribe because I may be doing another one.