Status: In The Works

Afire Love

I

Nicole:

Tyler and I have been together for a few years now. He is truly my best friend, well second best next to my brother. My brother Nathan and I are one year apart in age, but you would think we were twins with how close we are. Though he is my little brother, he has always been protective over me. But when our parents died last year, I had to step up for the both of us. It wasn't easy loosing both our parents, especially not for Nate. Being the younger child, Nate always had a different relationship with our mom and dad. It took awhile for him to come to terms with it all, but whenever the anniversary of their death comes around, Nate acts like it was the day he first heard they died.

I live in Dallas with Tyler while Nate lives in our hometown of Brampton, Ontario. The NHL season has just ogtten underway and so Tyler has been pretty busy. I go to all his home games, and sometimes make the trips out of town just to see him play more. I'm definitely Tyler's biggest fan, well second biggest next to his mom. I was with Tyler when he played for Boston and won the cup and I'll never forget that day, that season, his time in Boston. But we remember Boston for both postives and negatives unfortunately. The way Ty left Boston wasn't how he would've liked to have left, but it's in the past now and he is trying to turn everything around. He trying to put his "negative image" behind him and he's doing that by being there for Nate. Since Nate hasn't had a father the last few years Tyler has stepped up and is trying to be a role model and just be there for Nate when he needs someone and can't talk to me.

Without Tyler I honestly don't know where Nathan would be right now. Nate could have gone off the deep end by now if he didn't have Tyler, I could've gone off the deep end if I didn't have Tyler.

Next week is the anniversary of our parents death and Nate is coming to town so he doesn't have to be by himself to deal with it. "So is Nate staying here when he comes in?" Tyler walked over to the couch and sat next to me. "Yeah, I think so. We haven't talked much the last few days. I think it's starting to hit him." Tyler took a sip of his water. "Well, what has it been, four years now? I mean sure that's awhile, but it's still your parents and I wouldn't expect you both to just get over that in a year. It's gonna take awhile." "You're right, I guess I just had to really grow up when they died that i learned how to deal with it and manage my emotions. I just don't think Nate is really sure how to deal with it yet, in the appropriate way." Tyler looked at me. "Do I need to keep him with me while he's here. I don't want a repeat of last year Nicole, I will perosnally kick his ass." I got up and walked into the kitchen. "Tyler it's fine okay? He's 21 now, he shoudln't have to have a babysitter." "No it's not okay, what he put you through last year, I won't have it again. And he shoudln't have a babysitter, but guess what, the way he acted last year proves he needs one. I'm sorry if you think I'm not giving him a chance to prove he can controol himself this time, but I don't want to see you go through the same shit as last year. Okay?" I shook my head and sighed, Tyler wrapped me in a hug and we went out to get some coffee.

When got our coffee and started walking back home. "Tyler, I'm sorry." He looked at me confused taking a sip of his drink. "For what?" "Well you brought up how Nate acted last year, and I still feel bad about that. I shou;dn't have invited him down here, I shouldv'e known he would do something like that." "Don't apologize for something he did, it's not your fault. He chose to get drunk and go driving with his friends. And it's his fault you got a call at 2 in the morning saying your brother was in the ER was tons of broken bones because he was flung from the car!" Tyler was yelling and I was holding in tears. I hated seeing Tyler like this, but he was right. Nate put me through hell last year with the shit he pulled and I will never forget it. But he is my brother and of course I can forgive him. "I know Ty, but I just feel like maybe there was something I could have done to prevent that from happening." Tyler stepped in front of me and rested his forehead against mine. "Hey, babe, look at me. You have done an amazing job looking out for him these past four years, I know it's been hard on you, but you are so amaizng and I love you so much. Okay? Please don't ever blame yourself for what he did." I gave Tyler a kiss and we started to walk back home. "Tyler?" "Yeah babe?" "Thank you, for being here. I love you." He smiled and kissed my head. "I love you too, your welcome."
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter, kinda short, but I'm gonna write the second one and get it up asap. Also if you haven't seen it, I made a video to kinda go with the story so check that out if you don't mind, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip-R1kPZqGI&list=UU8xuYLiDwUyrsvAFPKe67Sg. Comment and Subscribe? <3