Starting Over

The Morning of the Beginning

I woke up to the sound of Katie barging into the room to wake Jimmy and me up for school. It was my first day. I pulled the covers off of my still sleeping body and sat up to wake myself up a bit. I looked over to see Jimmy still dead asleep. I laughed.

"Hey, Jim. Jimbo! Jimmy! JIM-STER! JAMES!" I repeated loudly, shaking him. Finally I said, "JAMES HOOK, GET YOUR ASS OUT OF BED RIGHT NOW!"

Jimmy shot out of bed and stared at me. The first thing he said was, "It's CAPTAIN James Hook to YOU, sir." He yawned and rubbed his eyes. Katie only laughed, smiled at me, then left the room to get herself ready for school.

I got out of bed and went to my bags. We hadn't unpacked them yet so everything was still in my suit cases. I pulled out my favorite pair of torn, black skinny jeans and my black, long sleeved, turtle-neck. I went to the bathroom across the hall to shower and change while Jimmy used the bathroom that connected to his room.

Once I had showered and pulled my pants on, I looked down at my arms again. I do this every time I take a shower. Every time I'm shirtless, naked, or wearing short sleeves. I trace the thin lines that covered my wrists before I got tattoos to cover them up. I know exactly where they are even though I can't see them anymore. I feel them still imprinted in my skin. The monsters that cover my arms are there to represent the monsters that put the scars there. The best people become the worst monsters. I guess it's just because they've been pushed too far too fast.

I pulled my shirt over my head after I put my deodorant on and then brushed my teeth and blow-dried my hair. Once it was all dry I straightened it and then spiked it up like I love doing. I leaned over the counter so I could put on my eyeliner. I layered the black pencil over my eyes very thickly. I leaned back again to make sure both eyes were even.

I finished my makeup and walked out of the bathroom to see Jimmy already dressed, tying up his favorite combat boots. I walked back over to my bag and pulled out my classic chucks. I sat down on his bed next to him to put them on.

Jimmy turned his head to me and whispered, "Do you have any other bruises or scars from them?"

I couldn't meet his eyes, "Yeah. Yeah I do."

I laced up my shoes, stood up, threw my messenger bag over my head to the opposite shoulder, and walked out of the room and downstairs for breakfast.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long! I lost inspiration for a while. I hope this makes up for it! Comments are appreciated!