Starting Over

It Begins

Jimmy and I walked into school with a heard of other kids from different grades, all around 14 and older. Jimmy grabbed my sleeve and dragged me up stairs, through doors, around the halls, until we gathered around this large group of people.

"Fight! Fight! Fight!" The crowd was chanting.

Jimmy's crystal blue eyes turned a dangerous black and he shoved through the crowd. I caught a glimpse of a short kid with jet black hair and a pink, puffy eye, on the floor before being dragged up and shoved into me.

"Hold him" Jimmy instructed.

I looked down at the kid that was thrown into me. I wrapped my arms around him, hopefully making him feel safe. His eyes were screwed shut, tears streaming down his face. From what I could feel, he was trembling like an earthquake. I felt so bad for the kid. He's smaller than I am, but not by a whole lot. Shorter, definitely, and a little chubby, but not too much smaller than me.

All of the sudden the crowd parted and this huge, hulking guy came hurtling toward Jimmy and the smaller kid's attacker, a big guy, that looked like he's been a senior for 12 years, wearing a football jacket. The big guy seemed to be on Jimmy's side, by the way he grabbed the gigantic football player's arm, wrenched it behind his back, and slammed him against the wall.

"Don't you DARE touch my friends, Vince," Mr. Hulk said to Colossus.

"Get your hands off me, Sanders," Vince choked as Sanders' forearm dug even harder into the back of his neck.

"Now, apologize to Zacky and Jimmy" Saunders growled.

Vince turned his head slightly, just enough so Jimmy could see his eyes, and muttered "I'm sorry."

"Good boy. Now get your deadbeat ass out of my hallway" Matt backed up from the wall and threw him into the still huddled crowd. He turned around, grabbed the kid that was thrown into me, who I'm assuming to be Zacky, and pulled him into a huge hug. He lent his head low and muttered something into the shaking boy's ear. He pulled away and looked at his puffy eye.

"Matt, this is Brian. This is the kid I was telling you guys about" Jimmy said loudly over the noisy hall.

Matt looked up and smiled, those dimples. Zacky turned around too, those eyes. Even the puffy one was absolutely gorgeous. Emerald green? Teal? Whatever color they were, my heart stopped at the sight of them.

"Hi, I'm Zacky."