Sequel: Apathy

Oblivion

Chapter Ten

Kellin's POV:

Work was a mess the next week. I called Alex and he agreed to give me one more week off, due to myself getting use to this heavy ass brace. I really hate it so far. People stare at me and I feel really uncomfortable. I hope that son of a bitch is in jail right now, suffering. He could die for all I care.

Okay, maybe I'm getting out of hand.

Anyways, Alena said one of the other employees quit so she had to work double shifts, covering mine and his shifts. I felt really bad for her. But no matter how many times I told her I could come in, she always insisted me not to come.

"No, no, this is your week, I'm not gonna let you ruin it." She always said. So with a sigh, I usually just nodded.

And then she works the shifts. I think she thought I was happy having a week off, but I actually felt bad, adding more onto her already stressful plate. But I guess it's what she wants, and she has a reasoning apparently.

So, due to not working, my week has been boring and pretty uneventful. Vic and I haven't talked for a few days, which is kinda upsetting. But I'm trusting him, I just wish he wouldn't take so long. I'm really impatient aren't I? Yes, I am.

Justin and I went out to the movies last night, but I got some stares. And not like "What a weirdo" looks like, sympathetic looks. And I extremely hate sympathetic looks, from anyone in general. But I got through it, and the movie was worth seeing.

Basically, the movie talked about the history of a band Justin and I listen to a lot. It was pretty interesting, seeing all the struggles they went through to get where they are today. In a way, I wish that was us. I've always wanted to become famous. I mean, who wouldn't? You get paid for making music, touring, meeting your fans. You're a role model, but that's the only part I dislike.

You see, I don't think I'm a very good role model. Sure, I do good deeds sometimes, but I'm selfish, impatient, rude, mean, a brooder, moody, boring, hot headed, and just plain awful sometimes. So, I don't know if people would look up at me for my voice or stuff, but I rather it be that rather than who I really am.

Because quite frankly, I hate who I am.

I hate being so lanky and skinny. I hate my family life and how I never feel important to anyone. Sometimes I don't even feel important to Vic. I know that's a lie, but I just can't help it. My mind wanders sometimes.

Especially when I don't take my pills. Which...I haven't been. I've been in the hospital, you know. Vic's going to be so pissed if I say anything. Now, I'm not dumb, I'm back on them now. I just gotta get into the routine again. So everything's okay...I think. I don't really know anymore. In all honesty, I wish I could just restart everything.

I opened my laptop, immediately opening Spotify and playing Top Of The World, by The Juliana Theory. I love that song. I just need to focus on music instead right now. Because all I do is worry and panic over useless shit if I get lost in my head for too long. Which, I'm doing again.

Shit, this is hard.

---

Austin's POV:

July nineteenth is nearing, and I'm starting to feel very anxious, yet excited as well. I just want to see his beautiful face again. Those innocent, big eyes of his. I miss the way his hair always seemed to fit his facial figure and how he was insecure about everything. The only problem is I don't know how he feels about me now. I mean, it's been awhile. I'm famous now, what will he think about that? I know he's always had the dream to become famous, so would he be jealous? Just thinking about these things makes me more nervous, I should really stop.

I'm sure everything's going to be just fine. Kellin couldn't have changed a lot in such a limited amount of time, right? Why do I ask so many questions? Shit, I did it again didn't I? Ugh, this needs to stop.

Anyways, for now, I just need to focus on doing my best when we perform this week. We're on our way to Iowa right now, I believe. Alan, our guitarist, is currently playing uno with our singer, Aaron Pauley. They're such kids sometimes. Then again, so am I. I guess I've never fully grown out of my usual, cheeky self. My phone rang, so I picked it up to reveal my friend number. His name is Bryan and I met him at on of our shows not too terribly long ago.

"Hello?" I said, going to the back of the bus where it was quiet.

"Hey Austin! How are you?" He is always so enthusiastic, much like me. Maybe that's why we're so close.

"I'm doing good, you?"

"Just fine, hey, I was wondering if you'd be willing to do an interview with me sometime tomorrow. The fans sure would love it!" I smiled.

You see, Bryan isn't just a Bryan, he's the Bryan Stars. Basically, his job is to go around on events and interview bands or band members and upload them so all the fans can see. He's a really genuine guy, and I think that's why he has so many fans. Oh, and he wears blue Aeropostle shirts a lot.

"Uh, yeah, I think that works, what are going to ask me?"

"Don't know yet, I usually make a list and take some questions the fans ask on twitter."

"Okay, well I'll call you tomorrow with some more information."

"Will do, bye."

"Byee." I hung up and went back up front, bumping into Alan.

"Sorry," I said, moving out of his way. Alan seemed so short compared to me.

"Who was that?" He asked as he opened the mini fridge, pulling out a monster.

"Just Bryan, wanting to do a interview." He opened the can.

"Cool," He said after taking a drink. "Is it just you?"

"Not sure, do you wanna come with?"

"Um, yeah, I could I guess." I smiled. Alan is one of my best friends. He's just easy to talk to sometimes and we get along very well. Not that I don't get along with the other members, because I do...just with Alan a little better.

I'm not gonna lie, I kind of have a crush on Alan. He doesn't know, and I don't plan on telling him, but I just can't help it. And the worst part is that I'm still in love with Kellin! Ugh, why do relationships have to be hard sometimes? Sometimes I wonder if I should grow some balls and ask Alan out, because I know he's gay. Awhile back, he started dating some guy named Zack, but they broke up for a reason that I don't know. And from there, I think we're the only gay guys in the band.

I also worry to ask him out, because if we were to ever break up, what would happen to the band? It'd be so awkward and uncomfortable, and the other guys would probably be annoyed at us.

So I guess to stay on the safe side, I shouldn't ask him out. But him being with be this whole fucking tour is making this ten times harder than it actually is.

Now, I just gotta wait for Kellin. Seventeen days.

---

Kellin's POV:

I opened my eyes the next morning, met by the blurriness of daylight. Mornings are horrible. I mean you feel good until you realize you gotta get up and out of your nice, warm, and comfy bed to face the real, shitty world. Because let's be honest, the world is pretty shitty sometimes.

I reached my hand out a little, moving it around until I felt my hand grip my phone. I pulled it back and unlocked it, letting my eyes fixate onto the screen. I had a voice mail. Who the fuck would call me at...Oh. 8 a.m. I guess I slept a little late.

I put my phone to my ear and listened to the message. It was from the doctor's.

Hi Kellin, this is Doctor Damon calling, we have you scheduled for a check up sometime soon, so if you could, please call the office back and set up a time. Thanks.

I then heard the familiar buzzing, saying the message was over. With a groan, I rolled out of bed and put on some jeans in my drawer. I then went to the laundry room and pulled out a tank top before making myself some cereal. I'd call them back after I ate.

Like usual, I ate Cheerios, that's always what I eat for breakfast. Well, that is, if I'm up by breakfast time. Going to work in a few days is going to be so hard, now that I'm in this routine. So I scrolled through my news and messages while I sat in the cold, quiet kitchen, eating my cereal. Justin left for work probably an hour ago.

When I finished, I sat the bowl and spoon in the sink and went outside. Our house has crappy signal, so it's best to talk outside. I typed in the offices number and waited for an answer.

"Hello, Doctor Damon's office, how may I help you?"

"Hi, this is Kellin...Bostwick." Why do their records have to say Bostwick? "I'm calling to schedule an appointment for a check up."

"Yep, he has you down, we're pretty open tomorrow, is then okay?"

"Yeah, that's fine." I stated. I don't have work, so I might as well get it done.

"Okay, I'll put you down for noon. See you then."

"Okay, see you." I hung up and went back inside.

---

The rest of my day was really boring. Justin was gone all day, Vic and I never talked, and I just felt alone. Hell, I would've had more fun at work. But I guess tomorrow would be a little more eventful, still boring though. I just hope it's good news.

All I want to hear is good news for once.