Sequel: Apathy

Oblivion

Chapter Eleven

Kellin's POV:

"Take a seat, the doctor will be right with you," stated the lady at the counter. Her tag said her name was Tay.

"Thanks," I said quietly, taking a seat in the office, away from the others. There wasn't too many people here, but still, I like my space. After messing around on my phone for a bit, the door swung open, getting my attention.

"Mr. Bostwick?" The kind nurse asked.

"That's me," I said, standing up and heading towards her.

"Room three please." I went into the room, taking a seat. She got her pen and paper to update my information. I always get really annoyed because they have to do it every single time. Even if you were in the day before.

"The doctor will be in a few minutes." She said with a smile and closed the door gently. I looked around the room, taking in my surroundings. There was a counter, an exam table, chairs, a small desk, and a magazine rack. Pretty basic honestly. After looking around and reading the posters, the door creaked open and there the doctor himself stood.

"Hi Kellin," He said once he saw me, then headed to the counter, grabbing my papers and scanning them.

"Hi," I said simply.

"How's your leg been?" He asked once he finished with my papers.

"Kind of sore, the brace is heavy." He chuckled.

"Yeah, they are. Okay could you please remove your shoes and come lay on the exam table so I can look at your leg?" I nodded and slipped off my shoes, then slowly made my way to the table, laying down on it. I felt him grab my leg, which hurt.

"Ow..." I muttered softly.

"Sorry, I just need to remove your brace to get a better look." I nodded.

The pain came back and I slightly looked to see what in the hell he was doing. Sure enough, he was removing my brace. Maybe I don't need it anymore. I hope. He got it off eventually and rolled my pants up a bit, just to my knee. I looked away at the sight of my injury. It was just really gross.

"Well...good news Kellin, your wound is healing much faster than I expected it would." I let out a sigh of relief. That is, until his next words. "But, you still need to wear your brace for another two weeks. I'll go get some help and put another on."

"Okay," I said. Last time they put a brace on me, I was under because they were removing the remnants of the bullet. If taking it off hurt, then putting a new one is going to hurt more. I wish Vic were here.

Shit, no, stop thinking about Vic.

I didn't have time to argue with my thoughts before the doctor and a few nurses walked in. They all smiled at me and asked me to sit up, which I obeyed. After five minutes of preparation, the doctor finally announced that they were going to put my brace on. I clenched my eyes closed, in fear to watch them. I'm such a wuss sometimes.

A faint groan left my lips as the doctor starting putting on the brace. I held my breath, and fortunately it was over by the time I couldn't hold it any longer.

"All done, you should schedule an appointment in a couple of weeks." He said as more of an order, so I just nodded.

"Thanks," I muttered before putting on my shoes and headed to the desk to pay. I was on medical assistance, so I wasn't paying it all, which I'm thankful. No way in hell could I ever afford these bills just yet.

Once the bill was paid, I headed outside where Jenna was waiting. Since I can't drive yet, she agreed to take me and pick me up.

"What'd they say?"

"I'm healing quicker than they expected, but I still need to wear this fucking brace for two more weeks."She laughed.

"Well, it's not too bad!" She said, trying to cheer me up. It wasn't working though.

"Yeah, I guess." She started the car and before I knew it, we were back at my place. "Thanks for the lift, I'll text you." She waved as I shut the door, and headed up towards the house. Justin was still at work.

Speaking of Justin, we haven't talked very much for the past week. I guess he's just been busy, but I feel like he's avoiding me. There's not a reasonable explanation though. So, I was by myself in an empty house, what do you think I did? I plugged my phone into some speakers and started to blast and sing along with some of my favorite songs. That was, until I heard the door open and Justin walked in.

"Hey," I said, giving him a smile.

"Hi," he replied bluntly

"What's wrong?" I followed him into the kitchen.

"Nothing-I, ugh...just work." I nodded. I knew that wasn't it though. I just didn't want to argue with him on this right now.

"Do you wanna play a game or something?" I hoped he'd want to do something fun.

"No thanks, I'm tired." Suuure he is. I couldn't stand it anymore, what slipped out of my mouth next took us both off guard.

"I don't know why you're being a fuck head right now, but I'd appreciate it if you'd stop being one to me. I'm sorry if you truly had a bad day at work, but your injured friend, which is injured because of you, is trying to cheer you up! Stop acting like a bitch and fucking tell me what's wrong!" He faced me and I knew he was pissed. But a glint of amusement hit his eyes as well, so I relaxed myself.

"It's more than work Kellin, I just don't know how to fucking say it."

"I don't care, just tell me god damn it."

"I can't right now, I'm sorry, it's an action I'm not willing to make right now."

"What? What fucking action is it? Listen it shouldn't be that hard to show me something or at least fucking-"

"Fine, you want to know what I was going to show you?"

"Surely would thank you!" By now our voices were raised, but I didn't have time to add some smart allic comment before I felt a familiar pressure to my lips.

Comprehending what was happening, my body locked up and I closed my eyes. Oh my fucking god Justin was kissing me! It wasn't long before the pressure was gone and I was facing Justin, but he looked completely different to me.

"That's why you've avoided me..." I said quietly.

"I-I'm fucking stupid. I'm so sorry Kellin I don't know what's up with me-"

"You're straight Justin, you're straight and this...or whatever that was isn't fucking happening!" I said a little too dramatically.

"I thought I was, but, I don't know anymore. When I'm around you my feelings are dif-"

"Please, please don't say it."

"I like you Kellin, a lot and I can't hide that from you after that. Don't you like me too?" I sighed. God he was making matters so much worse.

"I like you Justin, as a friend! I can't think of you as a boyfriend or anything...I-um, I like someone else." His expression changed into sadness with a tint of anger flaring up.

"Who? Who's fucking been there for you all the time when you had no one? Me! I'm the fucking person who helped with every single piece of shit you've ever gone through!" He grabbed the collar of my shirt and I was pretty scared by that point.

"I'm sorry Justin, it's just, I don't think we're meant to be."

"Great I've fucking lost my mind!" He let go of my shirt and sat down.

"No, no, you're just confused. Listen, you need to go to the club tonight and meet a girl and, I don't know do what you do."

"I can't do that when all I can think about is you!" Silence.

Is this how he felt for real? Just, liking me as more than a friend? No, no way could this be happening.

I love Justin, just not in a boyfriend way. We've known each other for so long and we're in a band together, it's just not meant to be! That kiss, I felt nothing, I've only felt a spark with Austin and Vic.

"I'm sorry Justin, I just don't feel that way about you. I-I'm waiting for Vic."

"Waiting? What do you mean waiting?" He stood up.

"He hasn't told Jaime yet...but he is very soon." He scoffed.

"That's what he said the first time right? Where'd you get that time huh?" He was pissing me off.

"He isn't doing that again."

"He's just a dick who's using you! Can't you see he doesn't fucking like you?"

"Don't you dare say that about him," Tears were welling up in my eyes.

"I'll say whatever I want in my house. He's a dick, simple fact. Quit wasting your time." That did it. I got up and shoved him down. I couldn't actually fight him, but he fucking deserved whatever he got.

He stood again and grabbed the collar of my shirt. "Don't you fucking touch me. To think I actually liked such a shallow person such as yourself. You're just lucky I'm not kicking you out. But, I want you out soon, hurry the fuck up, get your money and go find your own damn place." He spat at me, then pushed me back a little, going to our room. What a prick he's being. I'm just hoping this blows over, for the bands sake. Maybe Justin would leave, because I sure wasn't going to.

Still in a state of shock from everything that just happened, I pulled out my phone and texted Jenna. She was the only one to really talk to right now.

My mind started to wander when Jenna went to bed. What if Justin was right? I can't stop worrying now! Maybe I am shallow, waiting for a man who's in love with another guy. It wasn't fair of me to believe that would work, no matter how much he says he likes me.

Not able to think this through anymore because I'm practically bawling, I grabbed a pillow and blanket, covered myself up and went to sleep.