Sequel: Apathy

Oblivion

Chapter Thirteen

Justin's POV:

The club was fun this evening. It did good at getting Kellin off my mind. I fucking hated his guts right now, all because of Vic. Then again, I contributed to them getting together. I just didn't realize how much I liked Kellin. These thoughts were clouding my head, giving me a headache. It didn't help that I was half-heartedly drunk right now.

Walking into the dark house, I turned on the light, not giving a shit if I woke Kellin. But what I saw surprised me. Kellin wasn't the only one bagged out on my couch. Vic was there. What the hell?

I angrily stomped over to where they were still sleeping. "Wake up!" I screamed at Kellin, smacking him with a pillow. Kellin just yawned, but Vic shot up, standing by me. He seemed to want to explain, but I didn't want to hear it. "You, out!" Kellin now got up as fast as he could, wrapping his arm around Vic. God was he trying to make me jealous? Wait was I even jealous?

"Don't talk to him like that," Kellin said, clenching his jaw.

"It's okay babe, I'll go," Babe?

"Then I'm coming with," he pushed past me. Damn, he was fired up. A few moments later, he came back with a bag and grabbed Vic's arm, pulling him out the door. With a frustrated sigh, I locked the door, turned out the light, and went to bed.

---

Kellin's POV:

"God he's such a fucking prick!" I spat angrily, hopping into Vic's car.

"Shh, calm down, it's okay."

"No it's not!" I shot back. That made him go silent. "Listen Vic, I'm sorry, I-I'm just so mad at him right now." He nodded, placing his hand on mine.

"I gotta ask you something..."

"What is it?"

"W-well I wondered if...well you know, n-now that I'm-"

"Do you wanna go out, you know, with me?" I said, realizing what he was going to ask. He smiled.

"Yes," was all he said, clenching my hand a little harder. I liked this. No, I loved this.

So, that's how it went down I guess. I got overly excited thinking about Vic and I being a couple.

As he pulled into the driveway, I leaned over kissing his cheek lightly. I then opened my door and followed him inside.

"Jaime's not home, you can sleep with me. In the morning, don't let him see you." I nodded quickly, following him up the stairs.

The next thing I knew, we were in nothing but our boxers, snuggled together under the warm sheets.

---

"Kellin," Vic exclaimed, shaking my shoulder. I groaned.

"W-what?"

"Nothing, just waking you up," I glared at him. He was just sitting there, flashing me a cheeky smile. I just gave him a frown.

"Noo, come back to bed, I wanna snuggle!" I yelled dramatically. He chuckled before stretching out next to me, kissing me lightly. It was moments like these that I loved the most. Sitting up, I pounced on Vic stomach, making him groan. With a wicked smile, I layed down and tackled his neck, rolling my hips on him as a tease. I was a tease after all.. Vic put his hand under my chin, pulling me up to connect our lips again. After a few moments, I pulled away, standing up. He looked pained.

"I think I want breakfast."

"You're a tease, you know that right?" I laughed and added a smile.

"C'mon though, I really am hungry."

"What do you want?"

"I don't care, whatever you have."

"Fatty," he mumbled. How rude of him.

"Hey there I am not fat! I just love food." He got up and kissed me before slipping on some sweat pants.

"Here." He said, throwing me a pair of sweats as well. I put them on, surprised that they fit. I was a little taller than Vic.

Afterwards, we headed downstairs, met by me running into Vic, frozen in place.

"What?" I asked, gazing at his expression. I followed his eyes, causing me to freeze. Sitting on the couch was Jaime, but his head was hanging to the side and on the table was a bottle of pills.

"Jaime!" Vic cried, running over to him. He was out. God was he dead? I shuffled over next to Vic and looked at Jaime. This was terrible.

"Call the police!" Vic said, snapping his head towards me. I nodded and picked up the phone. When I got an answer, I gave out our address and explained what happened. Seven minutes later, the ambulance was here with the police.

Grabbing Vic's hand, I pulled him away from the couch and sat down with him on the bed upstairs.

"I'm so sorry Vic," I whispered. "This is all my fault," I choked up.

"No, it's not, it's mine." How was it his? I was the second hand man who corrupted their relationship. Jaime may be fucking dead and it's all my fault! How am I supposed to fix this?

"I-I should go," I managed to slip out before letting some tears fall. It hurt me to see Vic like this.

"No, stay...please I need you here." He hurried over and blocked the door.

"No you don't, I can't do this to you, I'm so sorry." I yelled at him. He grabbed my arm, not allowing me to grab the handle. "Let go of me!" I yelled again. He pulled me into his embrace, rubbing my back soothingly, calming me down immediately.

"It's okay Kellin, this isn't your fault." I shook my head. There was no way I could agree with him.

"I'm so sorry," was all I manage to say, being muffled by his chest.

"It's okay, calm down." He grabbed my hand and pulled me to the bed. I sat down on his lap, wrapping my arms around his neck. It felt so good being here with him.

"Thank you," I said quietly, kissing his cheek. He didn't need to know why I said that, so I closed my eyes and buried my face into his neck.

You see, to Vic, it probably sounded like I was saying thank you for calming me down, but that meant so much more.

I was thank you for everything and anything he's ever done or sacrificed for me. Thank you for being here when I needed you and that I'm so sorry for not doing the same. Thank you for pulling me out of the depths of oblivion when no one else could. Of course, I haven't told him this yet, I was waiting for a good time. This relationship was vulnerable right now, and I wasn't willing to throw all my emotions out to him at the moment. This needed time and so did I. Sometimes, I come out a little too...pushy, but that's not really who I am. I like to take relationships slow at first, just to make sure I can trust whoever I'm with. It's just a form of protection I guess.

I don't really need to protect myself from Vic though. I know by now that he's never going to try and hurt me, on purpose that is. He trusts me and I trust him. Deep down, I keep telling myself not to fall for this boy too hard because good things don't last forever.

But the more I sit here in his arms, I realize I'm going to hit the ground hard.