Sequel: Apathy

Oblivion

Chapter Fourteen

"Vic," I said, shoving him lightly. He immediately went wide eyed and sat up a little straighter.

Last night, we came to the hospital to see Jaime. Well not see, but to be here. Vic was worried sick, so I told him it'd be fine to come down here. Though, for me it was extremely awkward. I mean, how wouldn't it be, at the hospital for with your boyfriends ex boyfriend. I was uncomfortable, but I wasn't going to be selfish right now, Vic needed this. I know how much he loves Jaime.

"Has the doctors come out?"

"Nope, don't worry they will." He nodded, his eyes drooping. He looked sickly tired. My head leaned against his shoulder. He kissed me gently and held my hand.

"Everything's going to be alright." I said, squeezing his hand.

"Vic?" A familiar voice said. It was the doctor's. He let go of my hand and stood up.

"That's me, how is he?"

"He's...uh, well. I don't know how to put it lightly." I knew he was implying he was okay but injured badly.

"It's okay just tell me," he insisted, biting down on his lip.

"Jaime overdosed on pills under intoxication last night. He swallowed about 32 pills, but only 17 were digested. After hours under urgent care and removal of pills, we have enough to say, sadly...he's deceased."

"Deceased?" Vic and I said in sync.

"He's gone." The doctor said again with a frown. If this hurt me, I can't imagine what Vic was thinking.

"N-no he c-can't be dead...Jaime." He sat down, tears streaming down his cheeks. I felt horrible. Sinking down next to him, I clutched his hand and kissed him.

"I can't believe he's gone," he whispered, his voice hollow. I couldn't hear a hint of emotion. This, scared me.

"Vic everything's going to be okay, I'm so-"

"No don't apologize..." He said through heavy breaths. God it was like he was hyperventilating.

"This is all my fault Kellin. If I wouldn't have cheated, if I would've stood my ground, he wouldn't be dead."

"I cannot let you take full blame for this Vic." I said sternly. "This was our fault, both of us, okay?" He sighed, then nodded.

"I can't go on like this anymore though." He said, standing up, wiping some tears away, only to be replaced by more.

"C'mon Vic, everything gets better, we just need time."

"I need time." He emphasized I.

"W-what? What do you mean?"

"I can't be with you Kellin, not after this. I know I sound like a dick but I cannot allow myself to date a man who contributes to Jaime's death. I still really like you Kellin, I just need time and I hope you accept that. I'll give you some money if you want and, I don't know help you get your own place." I stood up as well and shook my head.

"No need, but if that's how you feel about me, there's no reason to stay. Justin was right." I scoffed.

"W-what?"

"He told me exactly what I didn't want to hear, and guess what? He was right. You don't care and it's all a game." I said clenching my jaw, walking out of the hospital. Even though I felt terrible about Jaime's death, I couldn't bear to be around Vic.

With tears welling up in my eyes, I waved a taxi and gave him Justin's address. I then tipped the driver and headed up to the door. Due to his car in the drive way, I knocked.

The door swung open and there stood Justin.

"We need to talk."

"Hmm, no thanks." He got ready to shut the door, but I slammed my hand on it, shoving it the other way.

"You do not have an option," I said harshly, through gritted teeth. With a sigh, he let me in and I took a seat at the table. I calmed myself down because when I'm around him it makes me want to punch him. "You were right Justin." He smiled, realizing what I meant.

"I told you Vic was a prick! I'm sorry Kellin, I was rude and mean and if you want to stay here you can." I nodded.

"Jaime's dead." I stated.

"Who?"

"Vic's ex-boyfriend. He's dead because of me," I choked out. "If I hadn't made Vic cheat."

"N-no that's not your fault. He, um, he should've put boundaries." But I shouldn't have done anything after I knew about him and Jaime. "I'm extremely sorry Kellin."

"It's okay, but if it's fine with you, I want to stay here." He nodded. "But I can't be in a relationship with you."

"It's okay, I think I was confused, but I'm back on track now." I smiled before hugging him. This was good, that we worked this out.

"Okay well, could you give me a ride to work. I was supposed to go yesterday, but I forgot and well, Jaime." He nodded and grabbed his keys.

Walking into work was kind of scary. I felt so different. Now I just gotta explain what happened to Alex.

"Hey Alena, is Alex here?"

"Oh you didn't hear? Alex got another job, I'm managing now," she said proudly. Wow, Alena, the manager?

"Congratulations," I said with a sly smile. "Well, okay, I didn't show up yesterday-"

"I know, Jaime passed away," she said sadly. She really looked depressed.

"How'd you know?"

"Vic called me."

"Vic?"

"Yeah, your ex-boyfriend." She stated as if it were obvious. How the hell did she know all this?

"Oh...how did you know them?"

"Jaime was one of my best friends After a few years, I started to develop feelings for him, but then he met Vic," she said bitterly. "He took him away from me, so when you came around and I heard you say you met him, I thought of the perfect plan. I'd make you two fall for each other, which was successful. That's why I gave you tickets. Anyways, when you two started dating, I told Jaime where Vic had been going. I told him what he didn't want to hear so I could comfort him, but it back fired because of you two." Backfired because of us? We did nothing.

"What kind of sick twisted game are you playing here?" I asked bitterly. She ruined everything. To think, I believed she was my friend.

"I did it to be with Jaime, but if Vic wouldn't have let him leave, things would be different. I would've been there to comfort him instead of the pills."

"Jaime was gay and you had no right to try and change him."

"Jaime deserved a firm relationship, and I was going to give him that." Unbelievable. Fucking unbelievable.

"I quit," was all I said, walking out the door. She's ruined everything. Vic and I, Jaime, everything. And there was no way in hell I will ever forgive her. Without thinking the situation through, I dialed Vic's number.

"Kellin?" He asked.

"Yeah hey uh, I gotta tell you something,"

"Okay."

"Alena is the reason all this happened. She told me when I went into work her plan was to make us like each other so she could steal and comfort Jaime, but that you went after me instead and, well, Jaime overdosed. This is all on her, I just wanted to let you know."

"Oh...wow okay well, do you wanna, uh, get something to eat and talk-"

"I can't. I just wanted to let you know what happened. So, bye."

"Listen Kellin-" I clicked the end call button and put it away. Talking to him right now wasn't an option.

I hopped into Justin's car and got home, sitting down on the couch and pulling out my warped tour tickets. I should still go, with Jenna of course. It's in a week, and I think I need to get away for a little. I then dialed Jenna's number.

"Hello?"

"Hey Jenna, it's Kellin, do you wanna go to warped tour with me in a week ?"

"What? Well, yes, but how did you get tickets?"

"Just an old friend of mine, okay so I'll drop by Friday and we'll drive there, it's about an hour away. We'll stay in a hotel and in the morning head over, sound good?"

"Definitely, I'll see you then." I smiled.

"Yup, see you." She hung up, so I put the warped tour tickets back into the drawer where they'd be safe.

Warped tour was going to make things better, I was certain of it.