Sequel: Apathy

Oblivion

Chapter Sixteen

Kellin's POV:

This was it. Today was the day. Yesterday, my brace was removed and so far I've felt amazing. Right now, Jenna was driving and we're on our way to warped tour. The gates open at eleven, but we want to get there at nine that way we can try and be first. And at the rate we're okay, we'll be there in time. I'm just super excited to see and possibly meet some of the bands.

---

Hopping out of the car with eagerness, I slammed the door shut after grabbing my bag and phone.

"Here we are Jenna!" I said excitedly.

"Let's go to the gates," she stated, so I tagged along behind her. Today was going to be fun, I wasn't going to let the past ruin it.

At the gates, no one was there and they were still setting up, so we took a seat on the curb and talked for awhile. Before we knew it, people started down the street, so we scurried into the line, being the first two. The guards took our tickets and checked our bags before giving us an okay.

Again, we waited outside the gates and when the clock hit eleven, the gates opened and we all scurried in. First stop, the billboard. Tons of bands were written down, so I marked their times and where they were going to perform.

Jenna and I managed our time well, going into the tents and finding out if there was some signings. We also met some youtubers and bought shirts. So far, everything's been fun.

Our first band on the lists's concert started, so we headed over to listen. The whole show was amazing and it was utterly mind blowing how cool it was to be so close to them. I've never been so close before.

So the day dragged on, in a good way that is, but then we hit the last band on the list. They are a little bigger, so we needed to get there earlier to be up front. Which means we'd have to cut into a band called Of Mice And Men's concert. I've never listened to them, but going through the crowd, they sounded pretty good. Especially the screaming.

Once we were decently close to the stage, I focused on the band and what I saw really took me off guard. On stage was not only a band, but a man I knew. He's 6'4 and now has short hair and tattoos. Austin Carlile, my ex boyfriend. What was he doing up there? And why was he screaming?

"Isn't that..." Jenna yelled at me. Of course it didn't sound like yelling over the noise. We were surrounded by tons of people.

"It's Austin," I stated, still kind of frozen in place. What if he saw me here? Too late.

As I was about to turn around, I heard the finale drum roll and when I turned back, there stood the even cuter Austin Carlile, looking at me. He smiled a little before thanking the crowd for coming out and then they left the stage. It wasn't long until I saw him again.

"Kellin!" I heard him yell, running up behind me. "I'm so glad you're here, can we talk?" Wow, he wanted to talk to me? I just nodded, kind of awkwardly considering we haven't faced each other for what seems like an eternity.

He grabbed my hand and Jenna's, dragging us towards what I assume was the bands bus. Once inside, he shooed Jenna away, earning himself a nasty glare from her. I just smiled awkwardly.

"It's so nice to see you...I didn't know you were coming here!" He said a little too enthusiastically.

"Yeah, uh, hi..."

"How have you been?"

"I've been okay....since when were you famous?" I blurted out. That came out way too fast.

He just chuckled and sat down, inviting me to sit as well. I obliged and sat on the end of the couch.

"I assume you have a lot of questions, and so do I...but I became famous not terrible long ago after I joined the band. You always knew how much I love to scream." I gave him a small smile.

"Yeah, you're really good now too. Well, not that you were bad then, but-"

"Still the nervous Kellin I see," his eyes were filled with amusement.

I changed the topic around again. "How are you?"

"Ecstatic, this tour is amazing." He smiled wide.

"I bet," I muttered. It'd be the least to say I was jealous. It's always been my dream to tour like this, and here he is. This isn't even what he wanted to do. This isn't why he left.

"Listen Kellin...I gotta tell you something." He said a little more seriously, twisting around and grabbing my hand. I didn't pull back, it'd be rude, but this was awkward. Why was Austin, my ex-boyfriend, holding my hand? "I know it's been a long time, but I...I never stopped loving you and I just wondered if you felt the same still," He rambled on. Wait...he loved me? I never even thought about how I felt about him now. I missed him, but I never was in love with him. Shit, what do I say?

"I-um..." I trailed off, at loss for words.

"It's okay, I didn't think you would be." Did I? I know it sounds crazy, but maybe I do. I don't know!

Vic....What about him? No, nothing about him, he isn't anything to me now. Here was Austin, the sweetest guy I've met asking me if I love him. I don't want to just say I've never loved him, but I don't want to say I did either.

"I don't really know Austin," he squeezed my hand.

"I was hoping...maybe, we could...try again?" He questioned the statement. I was vulnerable and I knew it wasn't wise of me to decide then and there, but I did.

"I'd love to," I blurted out again. "Well...that is, if we're going to be able to actually be together..." I added.

"Well...we have about another two weeks of touring, but after that I can come back. We could, I don't know, get a place, start a life. Of course, I can't really leave the band, but...I want you to come with." He said, grinning. Me, going with him around the world? Gee, can I even handle that?

"What about now though?"

"Come with us for the rest of tour," he said quickly, probably without much thought.

"Uh-um..I-I need t-to think about that..." I said quietly. He nodded.

"It's okay, I know this is a lot to take in, but I-uh, I really want to be with you again. I never stopped caring about you." He pulled me forward a little, kissing me gently. It felt...good, but tense at the same time. Fuck it.

I put my hand on his shoulder and kissed him back. The kiss was amazing as usual, but it just didn't have the spark I always enjoyed when I was with Vic. But Vic isn't here anymore, and this, this was right. Austin pulled away, so I grinned at him.

"I want to try again," I said, quickly pecking his lips again.

"Great," He said, clapping his hands, so I just kind of laughed at him. Austin was always goofy.

Jenna came back in and I told Austin we were going to go see more shows. I offered for him to tag along, but he said he couldn't because the fans would swarm him, which was obviously factual.

Walking down the pavement with Jenna, I explained everything that happened earlier, and she seemed pretty happy about it as well. Her and Austin were good friends, and she always thought we were cute together.

"Do you have to pee?" She said out of the blue. We were walking past the bathroom building, which seemed pretty empty.

"No, do you?"

"Yes, wait out here," She tossed me her bag before scurrying into the bathroom. Jenna sometimes.

Pulling out my phone came as a natural instinct, so I followed it and messed around for a few seconds. Literally, a few seconds. I gasped as I felt something, or someone, tug my arm, pulling me into the men's restroom. The person's hand then slapped over my hand before pushing me into the biggest stall in the room.

"Don't scream," The voice whisper yelled. And then I knew who it was. His figure moved away from me.

"Vic? You almost gave me a fucking heart attack!" I snarled at him. He held up his finger, shushing me.

"I'm sorry, but we need to talk."

"Jenna is waiting for me, she'll wonder-"

"Let me talk, then you can go," He said, interrupting me.

"You have one minute, talk," I said plainly, kind of bored.

"When I said I couldn't be with you, I didn't mean it. I was just...upset. I mean, who wouldn't be? Jaime was such a good guy and...never mind, the point is, I still like you and I'm not even asking for another chance because I know you don't want that, but I just want to know you can forgive me. I'm sorry for scaring you like this, but I just really don't know how to live without you being in my life anymore. You're the only one who can help me, just please-"

"Your minute is up," I stated, my mind hitting zero. "Live your life like you did before you met me." I said, grabbing the handle.

"It's different, do you think you'd ever give me another chance?"

"No, not now. I'm off the market Vic, bye," I said, shifting the latch and walking towards the exit.

"By who?" He said, spinning me around and pinning my against the wall. If I wasn't so angry at him I'd think this was pretty hot.

"His name is Austin, my ex from a few years back. He's here today and-" Wait, why was I telling him all this? " Never mind, but I'm done here Vic, let me go." His eyes looked big, as in a sad way. And I sure as hell didn't want to stick around to see them well up with tears because then the decent side of me may actually feel bad for him. His body moved from mine, and it kind of surprised me how easily he was letting me leave. With a small frown, I left the bathroom and met Jenna's worried expression.

"Thank god you were in there, I was kind of worried!"

"Yeah, I just...yeah, here take you bag," I said, changing the conversation around.

The rest of warped tour was decent, but I couldn't get Vic out of my fucking brain. Why did he have to show up all the time and ruin everything? Maybe he wasn't ruining it, but he wasn't making it any better either. I just wish he'd leave me alone. I'm happy now with Austin, or at least I think.