Sequel: Apathy

Oblivion

Chapter Seventeen

Kellin's POV:

*About one month later*

Touring with Austin was absolutely amazing. After our conversation at warped tour, I realized this would be a great opportunity for me to try something new. So, I agreed, and off we went for about another month. It wasn't until about a week in before Austin asked me for a second chance, which I gladly accepted. Being around him made me happy, and that's really what I needed anymore. His kisses were meaningful and loving, but I still felt a bolt of guilt in my stomach because I know I don't love him. I've never been in love, or at least I don't think so. How could you now know if you're in love or not?

Moving on, the tour was amazing and Austin even asked me to sing in some of the songs when Aaron couldn't. It was nerve racking, getting up there and singing for everyone, but from the crowds noise, I knew it was approval. Austin's manager even said he wanted to talk with me and the guys! How sick is that? Everything's fucking fantastic and Vic has only crossed my mind, well, one too many times.

I will admit, I thought about him in some situations, such as:

That reminds me of Vic

Just wait till Vic hears ab-

Vic would be so happy right now

I miss Vic

The last one was the most recent, but I think it's just my head. I'm going with my heart, and my heart says Austin. And here's why, Austin never hurt me intentionally the first time, it was his life and he deserved to have a life. With Vic, he hurt me twice as much in half the time, and even though I think it was unintentional, he could've stopped himself.

"Babe, where are you?" I heard Austin ask from the hallway.

"Bedroom!" I shouted over my music. I told Justin about Austin coming back here for a bit, and he said he could stay. Of course, it's only been a few days and Austin doesn't have the place memorized. Pretty soon though, I heard the door crack open and then he walked in. Austin was handsome, even more so everyday. Leaning over, he kissed me lightly. I smiled against him before pulling away.

"How are you?" He asked, plopping down on the bed next to me.

"Pretty good, just playing music, where did you run off too today?" I asked with a small giggle. Giggle? Yeah giggle I guess.

"I just went over to the hotel Aaron and the guys are at. We're working on some new songs already! I'm so excited...but I have news." Austin said the last part more quietly, but I heard him loud and clear.

"Uh, news...what is it?"

"Well, our manager wants us to be back out of here in a couple weeks, you know to go home for a bit."

"Where's home?" I asked, cautiously.

"...California..." Oh shit no. All the way in California?

"H-how am I, supposed to see you?" I questioned, walking over and leaning against his shoulder.

"Well, I was wondering if you'd, um, want to come with me and, I don't know stay with me. I know it's crazy, but I don't want this to end like it did last time. I want to be with you, just think about."

I gaped at him. He wanted me to live with him in California? Fuck, can I even handle that?

I've been in this town for such a long time and I've been pretty happy here as well. I mean, there are many things I dislike, but I've never faced the thought of leaving here. And now, he pops back and want's me to move across the country?

Was it wrong that I actually felt a ting of anticipation and even more so, wanting to move out there? But what about my friends, Jenna, Justin, the band. Vic. Shit, no, Vic. God this was just so much pressure.

"I'll think about it, uh." Was all I said before he started talking again.

"My manager really likes you guys, did I tell you he's thinking about signing you? Think about it, you and your band could come with us! We could be tour buddies!" He grinned, but I couldn't do the same, I was still in shock.

"Really? He wants to sign us?!" I screeched, butterflies filling my stomach.

"Yes, possibly, I'm so happy for you!" He yelled back, engulfing me in his warm hugs that I love so much.

"I-I don't know what to say. Thank you so much Austin, if it weren't for you encouraging me to perform, this wouldn't have happened. I'll talk to the band and um, yeah." I said a little too cheerily. The band would be so happy. I'm so happy. So happy I almost forgot about the fact that we might move across the country.

"Do you wanna go out tonight?"

---

Vic's POV:

I'm pained every time my mind drifts off. Because it always drifts off to Kellin. It's been a month since we've seen or spoken to each other, and I long for him everyday. I don't know where he works now, so I can't go there to speak to him. He changed his number, and he hasn't been home when I'd go over to Justin's. Then again, Justin always shut the door in my face no matter how many times I protested. There was literally no way for me to contact Kellin anymore, that was until now. Of course when I'm at my worst he'll fucking pop out of no where! But he wasn't alone. And then I really wished I wasn't there. I wish I could just fade away.

His fingers were laced with another man's. But not just any man, a guy who looked extremely familiar to me.

"Oh hey, I know you!" The man's voice exclaimed. "You were in the elevator in San Diego, right?" He asked, and then I remembered. He was the tall one, mocking my height.

"Oh u-uh Austin, this is my e- my friend, Vic," He said rather awkwardly. Could you blame him?

"Nice to meet you, I'm Austin," He held out his hand, which I plainly took and shook.

"So....what brings you here?" I asked after a moment. Stupid question, we were at a bar.

"Austin doesn't live around here anymore, so I decided to show him the new bar we've gotten since the last time." Kellin said quickly, avoiding my gaze.

"Uh, cool, well...have a good time." I said awkwardly.

"No wait! I wanna get to know you," Austin exclaimed. Of course. I saw Kellin's face flush before he took a seat next to Austin, a couple seat down from me.

"So, how are you two friends?" Austin asked.

"I was his therapist, uh...yeah."

"Kellin you never told me you took therapy!"

"Yeah I....I have obsessive compulsive disorder and I take pills."

"Aw babe." Babe?

"Well I gotta go, nice meeting you Austin...Kellin." I waved and hastily headed off. I couldn't leave yet though, my friend Tony was going to come get me when I called.

"Be right back," I heard Kellin say, and then I felt his hand on my shoulder. Just the touch of him made me shiver, and it made me even more depressed. He motioned for me to follow him, which I did. We ended up in the bathrooms which were surprisingly enough, empty.

"We need to talk Vic," He said, closing the door.

"Uh...okay."

"Austin sings in a band called Of Mice and Men, they're signed to Rise Records and his manager may sign us."

"Oh, congratulations..." I trailed off. Why was he telling me this?

"I'm just telling you this because, if we do get signed.....I'm moving."

Oh fuck. "O-oh, where?" I asked, fighting the cracking of my voice.

"California." That's it. Literally.

It felt as if my heart was literally ripped out of my chest, cut in half, and thrown into a fucking river.

"That's cool," I said calmly. I just needed to get away.

"I just wanted you to know because...I didn't want you to worry about me. Austin said I could come with him, so...yeah. If this is the last time I get to see you, I just wanna say I forgive you, but we can't be together. Well, yeah duh, Austin and I are a thing, but-" He continued to speak, but I tuned out. Was he trying to rip my heart into shreds? When he finished talking, I looked back, tears welling up in my eyes. I wasn't going to stick around for the outcome though.

"Well, I hope you have a good time....bye Kellin," Was all I said before scurrying out of the bathroom, leaving the club. It was chilly outside, but it didn't bother me. The tears fell and all I could think about was the possibility of Kellin leaving me permanently.

I coudln't let this happen. I won't let this happen.

I've got to win him back.