Sequel: Apathy

Oblivion

Chapter Eighteen

Vic's POV:

The whole week I've avoided Kellin, which wasn't too hard because I have no contact with him. Right now, I just had to think of a way to get him back. Honestly, I keep telling myself that I'm being selfish because he's happy without me. But I'm not, I just can't be.

My life without Kellin is utterly unbearable and I do not want to live like this. After Jaime died, I feel as if I've lost everything. My job is boring as fuck anymore, and I can't even concentrate. Life is dull, but not when I'm with Kellin.

It just amazes me how fast my feelings have developed for him, even when we weren't speaking. But now, I need him to trust me, and not only that, like me. So, here is the commencement.

1. The Commencement- Make him trust me and like me again

"Hey Justin," I said casually, once he opened the door. He immediately went to shut the door, but I stopped him this time. "I have one question, please answer."

"Hurry up," he said harshly, holding the door.

"Where does Kellin work and what are his hours?"

"Um...he works at Hot Topic and 9-5, why?"

"I just wondered, thanks," was all I said before skipping down the stairs and pulling out my phone.

Tony's number rung four times before he picked it up. "Hello?"

"Kellin gets off work in an hour, do you remember the plan?"

"Sure do, I'll see you soon," he hung up after.

So here is the plan:

This evening, when Kellin gets off work, he'll walk home. I know his route, he goes down a shabby depopulated road because he doesn't like traffic. So, while he's on his way home, Tony is going to...hmm...surprise him. We have water guns on which we've made look like actually guns. He's going to threaten Kellin, who then will be frightened, but I'll swoop in and fix everything. I'm a genius, right? Now we just gotta wait another hour.

---

"Tony, behind the bush," I whispered yelled at him when I saw Kellin walk past the old abandoned drug store. I quickly ran into the alley and pressed my body against the cold, brick wall, watching quietly.

Kellin walked pretty slow, but it didn't really matter. Moments later, he passed the bush, not really acknowledging it. That was until he heard a russel and stopped in his tracks. He didn't have time to turn around though before Tony tackled him and held the gun at his head. Kellin screamed and part of me felt quite horrible. I shouldn't have done this.

"Come with me," Tony yelled at him, dragging him towards me. Now I came in. Tony walked past the alley, sending me a small nod. Once he past, I came up behind him and gripped his shoulder, touching his pressure point. He immediately fell down, even though doing that trick on him doesn't work. I kicked him slightly, not super hard though before pulling Kellin him up and dragging him around the corner and far away from Tony.

"Are you okay?" I said through exasperated breaths. Even though it was set up, I still felt adrenaline coursing through my veins

"Y-yeah, um, oh my god," He said shakily. I patted his back and sat down with him. His hand was gripping mine and I felt that familiar hot tingling feeling spiraling through my gut.

I felt joy, and regret.

"Hey, hey, it's okay...I'm here," I stated calmly.

"H-he was going to kill me!" He yelled as tears fell from his eyes. Shit, no, shit.

"No no I wouldn't let that happen," I whispered to him.

"Thank god I'm leaving this city," he replied, standing up.

"W-what?"

"Austin's manager signed us, I'm moving..."

"Oh, uh...well I thought maybe you'd want to...I don't know stay after-"

"This? What are you getting at Vic?" He questioned me sternly.

"Shit....okay here me out. This was, um, staged and-"

"What was staged?"

"Well, this, the whole guy attacking you thing, but only-"

"Why the fuck would you do that?!" He screamed at me.

"I did it because I thought if I was there to help you, you'd trust me and want to be friends again..." Yeah, this was a stupid idea.

"Friends? Friends?! If you wanted me to trust you, this was not the way to do it! And no, I don't want to be friends with you Vic," He yelled, throwing his hands up.

"I just-"

"Stay the hell away from me," He spat, walking past me and out into the traffic.

Commencement failed. Tragically.

---

Enough with the plans. The only way Kellin will talk to me now is if I'm completely honest with him. Honestly, I haven't even thought about what to say yet, but hell, here I am. Waiting in the same alley I was in a few days ago.

I heard footsteps, so I peeked around the corner to see Kellin walking towards me. Quickly, I ducked down and waited until he was by the opening. I probably scared him, but I don't really care. I just need him to hear me out.

"Oh shit Vic," Kellin gasped, putting his hand over his heart. "How many fucking times are you going to do this to me?" He asked angrily.

"You gotta hear me out Kellin, please," I said, reaching for his arm and spinning him around.

"Okay," He said simply. Really, that easily?

"Oh, uh okay..."

"What?"

"N-nothing, I just thought you'd argue...."

"I don't want to Vic. I want to know why you did it," he said quietly, following me down the sidewalk.

"Okay well, can you come back to my place? It's chilly out," I said, rubbing my bear arms.

"Um, okay," Was all he said before falling into step by me.

The walk home was silent, but luckily it was only a seven minute walk. When we arrived, I unlocked the door and led him into the living room.

"Okay, explain," He said, sitting down in the chair.

"Uh, okay...So, about the attack a few nights ago. That was friend Tony and I asked him to be apart of my plan. The plan was he'd scare you and I'd comfort you. I don't know it was stupid, I just wanted you to trust me again and like me..." I trailed off, looking down.

"I do like you Vic, I never really stopped. I mean, sure I got pissed, but I never hated you. And comforting me isn't a way for me to trust you. I can't trust you, after what happened?" He said calmly.

"I know...I'm so sorry Kellin, I never meant to hurt you. I just didn't think it through. If I would have used my fucking head we could've been together right now," I spoke out. Shit. "Sorry that was a little over the top."

"It's okay..." He said softly.

"So, uh, do you forgive me?"

"I can't stay mad at you Vic..." He said standing up. He walked around a little bit. "I just...can't. It doesn't matter what you do I just have to forgive you and I don't know why!" He yelled in frustration. "My head says I shouldn't forgive you...but my heart does and I don't know why. Sorry if it's offensive," He added to the end. Wow, thanks, that made it better

"You don't have to forgive me Kellin, I'd understand."

"I want to forgive you," He stated, turning towards me.

"But you just said you didn't..." Why was he so confusing sometimes?! "I mean I think you did, but I'm just not-" Kellin walked towards me quickly, shoving me back into the recliner. I caught my breath before Kellin's lips were on my own. He moved slightly before pulling away and walking away.

"W-what was..." I stumbled, pressing my finger to my lip. That hot tingling feeling came back at the thought of his lips on mine.

"It was a goodbye kiss, I leave tomorrow." Aaaaand the feeling's gone.

"W-What?" I said quickly.

"Yeah, but I can give you my number so we can keep in touch..." No, no no no.

"Oh, uh...I'm really gonna miss you..." Was all I said before covering my face. I couldn't let him see me cry.

"Honestly, I'll miss you too. I, uh, I gotta go Vic, bye..." He whispered before kissing me again.

I'm no expert, but I'm fairly certain kissing your ex this much isn't proper. But I kissed back. Kellin pulled away and smiled before walking out the door, locking it behind him.

Standing up, I went around the house and turned off the lights, then I went upstairs to sleep in my isolated room once again.