Sequel: Apathy

Oblivion

Chapter Nineteen

Kellin's POV:

"Ready babe?" Austin asked, wrapping his arms around me. I love all his sweet acts.

"Yup," I said, turning around and pressing my lips on his.

"Eww," The rest of the band said in unison. We just laughed at them

"You guys promise to come out soon?" I asked the guys. They all nodded.

"Yeah, we're going to get our money and fly out very soon," Justin said while hugging me.

Austin, his band, and myself were the only one's leaving right now. The rest of the guys were going to stay and get more money so they could come out to California and we'd start some of the bands projects. We're signed to rise records, so now we just gotta make music and put it out there. I'm super excited.

There was only one bad thing. Vic wasn't here. I should've told him he could come say goodbye, but I'm horrible at them and I'd probably end up making myself look like a fool.

"Hey Justin, give this to Vic," I said, handing him a piece of paper. It has my number on it.

Justin smiled. "Okay."

With a few more hugs and goodbye's Austin and I grabbed our stuff, packed it into the back of the rental, and got in. With a small wave, we sped off towards the airport where the rest of the band would be. I will admit, holding the tears in was easier said than done. I mean, how couldn't I cry? I was leaving behind the only place I've ever known. Hell, my parents didn't even know I was leaving!

"It's going to be okay babe, I know it's scary, but California is so much nicer," Austin said, as if reading my thoughts.

"I hope so," I said with a chuckle. But that's not even why I was sad.

I was sad because I was leaving Vic. My mind flooded with past memories of him and I, and at that, I couldn't hold back tears.

...

When my mom came back, I grabbed my bag as she thanked him. He told her the schedule and she approved or what not, then we turned to leave. Something about this guy made me feel really weird, in a good way. I felt risky today so before we left, I purposely walked near him.

"You're cute," I whispered in his ear. He blushed and looked away, so I just smiled and left.

...

"Can I stay here tonight?" I said as casual as possible.

"Uh...sure, but why do you need to?"

"I told my mom I was gay...she kicked me out. I have no one to stay with tonight, so I thought I could stay here. Sorry if I'm being a burden, I'll be out in the morning." I said politely. I didn't want to be rude right now, I needed to stay here.

...

"You're no fun sober," He rolled his eyes.

"You're no fun drunk." He replied.

"Touche." I winked again, only to get his "Stern face." "Loosen up Vic, do what you want, this isn't one of our therapy sessions." I said casually, stepping forward. This time, he didn't step back.

...

"How's it look?"

"Bloody, bruised." I laughed.

"Yeah well." He smiled. God, that smile was killing me.

"Hows yours?'" I said with a smirk.

Huh?" He looked at me. Quickly, I got close and looked deep into his brown eyes. They had some hazel in them too.

"Very pretty." I let go with a grin. He smiled. It was just an excuse to touch him again.

...

"Shut up! It doesn't matter, I'll see you Tuesday," I said, my hand on the door knob. What happened next was honestly the biggest blur of my life.

Vic's firm grasp gripped my wrist. He moved it from the knob and turned me toward him. I moved back, hitting the door. He moved forward, sliding his hand effortlessly behind my neck, supporting me. He leaned in fast and kissed me. Exactly what I wanted. When reality hit me, I quickly kissed him back. Our rhythm matched and it felt amazing. I relaxed and let myself fall against him. I didn't care. All the shit I went through at home, my mom hating me, my family disappointed in me, Jenna ditching me, Austin leaving for college, all of it, it didn't matter. All of it lead to this moment, right here.

...

"So...you're not going to tell him...?" I said, weary. Vic looked pained.

...

"Well...okay I mean-" I was cut off by a tingling feeling on my neck. I turned to see Vic standing there, with a goofy grin plastered on his face. "Never mind, I have someone, it's fine." I said to Justin.

...

"What?" I asked, gazing at his expression. I followed his eyes, causing me to freeze. Sitting on the couch was Jaime, but his head was hanging to the side and on the table was a bottle of pills.

"Jaime!" Vic cried, running over to him. He was out. God was he dead? I shuffled over next to Vic and looked at Jaime. This was terrible.

...

"Babe?" Austin said, snapping me out of my flashbacks. "Are you alright?" He grabbed my hand.

"Y-yeah, just..gonna miss this place," I said, wiping away my tears.

"It'll be okay," He said before leaning and pecking my lips. I didn't feel anything though. I couldn't.

And you wanna know why I couldn't?

Because I am completely and utterly in love with Vic Fuentes.

---

Vic's POV:

"Where is he?" I said to Tony hastily, pacing back and forth. We showed up at the airport a half hour ago after I found out what time the plane leaves. I just needed a goodbye.

"Relax, the plane doesn't leave for another hour," Tony said, stopping me in my tracks.

"You're right," I replied with a sigh. I sat down by him.

As if on cue, I looked up to watch the doors open, and in walked Kellin and Austin. They went up to the desk and got their luggage weighed, tickets scanned, and patted down before walking into the sitting area where I was waiting. And when Kellin saw me, his eyes lit up, and that made my day ten times better.

"Vic?" He said, hurrying over to me.

"Kellin, oh my god," I said, engulfing him in a hug. I was so worried I'd never see him again. Austin stood there awkwardly.

"Can we go talk in private?" He whispered to me, so I nodded. We needed an excuse.

The rest of Austin's band came around, distracting Austin. Kellin grabbed my hand and pulled me off towards the bathrooms. Once inside, he shut the stall door and locked it.

"Funny how we always meet in the bathroom stalls," I said with a chuckle. He laughed.

"I know right, anyways, I'm so glad you showed up."

"Yeah, me too..."

"Oh, um, here's my number by the way," He said, tossing me a note, I took it and put it into my pocket.

"Thanks...so, um...I'm gonna miss you," I said, even though I've already said it to him.

"I'm going to miss you too...You gotta come visit, okay?" I nodded. This hurt so fucking much.

"Part of me wishes you weren't leaving..."

"Same..." He felt that way too? "Especially since I'm in love with you."

What.

I choked. Literally, I choked on my own saliva. I was at lost for words. Kellin was in love with me?

"Uh...what?" I said.

"I love you," Was all he said before kissing me lightly. But lightly turned into harder, and before I knew it we were having a full on make-out session in the bathroom stalls of an airport. But, I don't really care. "I love love love you Vic," He mumbled against my lips.

Did I feel the same?

Trick question, of course I did!

"I love you too," I whispered to him before kissing him again. His hands wrapped around my neck and I just wanted to hold him there forever. But this wasn't forever because Kellin had to leave in a very short amount of time.

"Listen...If I could, I'd stay here, but I gotta go. I'll come back though, I promise because you have no idea how hard it'd be to live without you," He said hoarsly, tears welling up in his eyes.

"We'll talk everyday," I said, wiping one that fell away.

"I'll break things off with Austin...After I get my own place, I promise. But I don't love him Vic, I love you. Don't worry, I won't do anything with him." He seemed to answer all my questions right there.

"I trust you." Moving forward, I pressed my lips on him.

"Okay, we gotta go..." I nodded and followed him out of the bathroom and towards the guys.

"Time to go sweetie," Austin said, hugging Kellin. A bolt of jealousy spiralled through my gut. How couldn't it? He got to live with Kellin and hold him whenever he wanted and I can't. But I knew Kellin would come back sometime, and he'd be mine.

Just mine.

---

[A/N Sorry to interupt your reading, but I just want to state I'm skipping ahead so I can add more to the end of this story, okay continue.]

*5 Months Later*

"I miss you," I whispered into the phone.

"I miss you too," He said back.

Kellin and I have been talking at least once a week for the past 5 months, and it's honestly getting harder and harder not talking to him. I've contemplated buying a ticket, but they're working on their first album and I don't want to interrupt them.

"I love you as well," He said after the silence.

"I love you too, we'll talk later okay?" Silence.

"Okay, bye."

"Bye."

I hung up. Another week without hearing Kellin's voice.

With a sigh, I turned off the light and headed upstairs for bed. See, Kellin's two hours behind me, so we usually talk when it's around nine there, eleven here. Then I go to bed, go on with my week, and repeat it. That's all my life has been since he left.

The rest of the band moved out about two months ago, so there's really no contact with any of his friends...except Jenna. In fact, Jenna and I have become relatively close since Kellin left, mainly because we both miss him so much.

And without much thought, I fell asleep.

---

Waking up was scarcely hard because I'm a pretty light sleeper. Today I had work as usual, so I dragged myself out from the sheets and went downstairs to eat breakfast. The house was silent as usual, which I hate so much. I miss Jaime, I miss everyone. I poured some milk into my cereal, sat down, and ate. And honestly, it wasn't very fulfilling, but I had a patient is ten minutes.

Scurrying upstairs, I put on a shirt and tie, along with some nice pants. Just in time for the doorbell to ring. Grabbing my list of clients, I went back down and opened the door, inviting the lady in.

Today I had seven patients, which was pretty common. Rarely did I have one a day, except for when Kellin was coming here. Now, I just gotta wait for this day to end.

---

There was a knock on my door. But why? No clue. I didn't have any scheduled appointments past eight, and it's almost nine. Checking my list, I walked over to the door cautiously.

"W-who is it?" I said wearily. What it was a murderer?

"Just open the door you bitch," The man said dully. Who was it? He sounded familiar to me.

With shaky breaths, I turned the handle slightly and before I knew it, the man slammed the door open and ran in, locking it behind him. He had a mask on and a bag, but no weapons.

"Don't freak out," He said quickly. Too late.

"Who are y-you...what do you want?" I questioned, backing up against the wall.

The man walked up and pushed me against the wall, gripping my shoulders. Slowly, he removed one hand and started to pull his mask off. And what I saw surprised me.

"Kell-" I didn't have time to say his name before his lips were on mine, kissing me feverishly.

When he pulled away, I spoke again. "What are you doing here?" I practically screamed at him, full of joy.

"I got a ticket last minute, I couldn't stay away!" He yelled back, pulling me towards him.

"Why did you fucking scare me like that?"

"Hey, you did it to me," He said with a chuckle.

"So...what do you want to do?"

"I know exactly what I want to do," He said with a wink. Quickly, he laced my fingers with his and dragged me up the stairs.