Sequel: Apathy

Oblivion

Chapter Twenty-Two

Kellin's POV:

Waking up was the hardest thing to do, especially this morning. This morning was the final morning that I would wake up in this warm bed with Vic. Glancing at the clock, I realized it was four a.m. and my flight leaves at eight. Quietly, I disconnected myself from Vic, kissing his forehead ever so slightly. Last night, I packed secretly, so I didn't have to risk getting caught in the morning.

The last two days were really good, definitely memories I wouldn't soon forget. Jenna, Vic, and I all hung out and they showed me some of the newest buildings downtown. Vic and I went on dates, like a normal couple would. But we aren't a couple. I mean, we never established it as a relationship I don't believe.

But now it's time to go home. Home to where my life continues and I soon forget about everything here. Vic, Jenna, everything, because I didn't have an option honestly. If I kept longing for Vic, I would keep leaving and wasting my money on him. Which doesn't sound too bad, but I would run out of cash and be screwed.

In the bathroom, I combed my hair and got dressed, making sure to be quiet when I opened and closed my suitcase. Everything was downstairs, and I was basically ready to hit the road. Well, sorta. I couldn't leave without a goodbye could I? That'd be horrible and unforgivable, to them both. It was now 4:30, but it only took me fifteen minutes to reach the airport. With a sigh, I went over to the desk and searched for a pen and paper, which I found with ease. And then I began to write, to both of them. Most of it was directed to Vic though.

When I finished, my hand was cramped, so I signed it off and put the pen away, placing the paper on his table. He'd see it.

So with that, I glanced around the house one last time, my bags in my hands.

"Bye house," I whispered, kind of pained. This place was my second home.

Once inside my rental car, the tears didn't hesitate to fall. This was it, this was the end. This was the end of this small city. The end of Vic and I and the end of everything I've ever learned here. It was time for me to start my life in California with my band and friends.

---

The lady weighed my bags and shooed me off to the security guards. Hastily, they patted me down, then cleared me and allowed me through the line. I took a seat and waited. The plane would be here in about fifteen minutes, and then I was gone. I was finally going to be oblivious to this town once and for all, which was exciting and scary.

"Everyone boarding the plane to Pomona, California, please line up in aisle three, thank you," An attendant said about ten minutes later. Grabbing my stuff I headed to aisle three, which wasn't a very long line. My phone buzzed.

'Kellin? Where are you?' Vic had texted me. He hadn't seen the note yet I assume. I replaced my phone back in my pocket before I handed the lady my ticket and headed onto the plane.

Once in my seat, I turned off my phone and waited until we took off. I've always loved flying, even if it kind of scared me at the same time. High in the sky we were, and that's how I liked.

So without really any words but goodbye, off I went out of Minnesota for the last time.

---

Vic's POV:

I woke up fast, my mind alerting me that something was wrong. Kellin was not snuggled in with me like he has been. Maybe he just got up to get food or something. I quickly got up and went out into the hall and called his name, but he didn't answer. The weird part was none of his stuff was in the bathroom, in fact I couldn't find any trace of him. I decided texting him would be the best option.

'Kellin? Where are you?' I sent, walking down the stairs. In the living room, I noticed a piece of paper setting on the side table.

Dear Vic and Jenna.

This is so hard for me to say on paper, so you have no idea how hard this would've been to say out loud. When I came back a few days ago, I didn't mention that I had a return flight ticket and that I had to be back in Pomona in three days. And, well, today's that day. So the next part is addressed to Vic, because I have so much to say to you.

I love you, and you know that. But the band needs me and I can't give up my new life for solemnly you. It sounds harsh, and most likely, it is, but you gotta understand where I'm coming from. By the time you're reading this, I'll be gone. My plane leaves at eight, and I'd appreciate it if you'd make it easier for both us and not show up. It'll just make things worse. Thank you for letting me stay with you this whole time, and most importantly, thank you for always caring for me when no one else did. I will always love you, because you were the first man I've ever fell in love with. I can't say we're breaking up because we never established this as a relationship, but we can't continue to be whatever we are. I'm going home, and I can't stay in touch with you. It'll hurt too much, and I can't do that to either of us. Don't take it the wrong way, it's not that I don't want to talk to you ever again, I'm just saying I don't have the time and money anymore to keep in touch. I'm so, so sorry it has to end this way, but it does. I hope you forgive me if you're mad, and don't be sad. There's no reason to be sad. I love you Vic, thank you again for everything, you mean so much to me.

And Jenna, thank you as well. You've been the bestest best friend anyone could ask for. You've helped from the beginning, and it hurts me to say goodbye to you as well. Come visit me someday possibly, it's a bit easier seeing you because we never dated. It's when there was an intimate connection that things get tough. I love you so so so much and just be strong, you'll do amazing without me.

I love you guys so much, and there's not much to say. Bye guys. -Kellin

He left. He's gone and I'll never talk to him again?

My mind filled with so many questions and thoughts, but for the most part pain. But, if this is what Kellin wanted, I guess I would oblige. I'm not mad, I understand what he means. Being with him is just going to hurt us both, so we shouldn't create something we both know isn't going to work out.

Without breakfast, I slipped on some good clothes, grabbed the note, and headed to Jenna's. When I arrived, she opened the door, smiling brightly.

"Oh hey Vic, where's Kellin?"

"Yeah...uh, can we talk?" Her expression then changed from happiness to confusion.

"Uh, sure," She opened the door and walked with me into the living room. I then handed her the note.

"Just read it," I whispered as she unfolded it.

I watched her as she read it, and it wasn't until she finished that I saw her eyes start to water.

"Don't cry," I said, hugging her as tears started to well up in my eyes. I didn't want to cry, but fuck it was so hard not to. The man I loved just walked out of my life permanently.

The next several hours were met with both Jenna and I crying on each others shoulder. But for the most part, I couldn't be sad, because I knew every word Kellin wrote, he meant.

The part that made me sad was I never got to say goodbye, I love you, and or thank him back, and I knew that's what hurt Jenna too. He never gave us closure, so I guess that's what we've go to do now.

We've got to close the relationships and memories of which we have of Kellin. But I know one thing. No matter how much closure I will get, I will never forget one thing.

I will never forget how in love I was with Kellin Quinn.