Sequel: Apathy

Oblivion

Chapter Nine

Kellin's POV:

I woke up the next morning, missing the feeling of Vic's warm body pressed against mine. I must've fallen asleep before he left.

I sat up, taking a sip of my water on the table to my left. It was room temperature, but I wasn't going to be picky right now. I mean, I'm in a hospital for god's sake. But the one thing I was being picky about right now, was band practice.

What were we going to do?

It's not like they could bring our little studio into the hospital. Though, it would be kinda cool. And creepy.

Anyways, I was bored yet again, only being able to be on the laptop and phone. I wanted to get up and leave, but that was practically impossible.

Then, the doctor walked in, scaring the living shit out of me. He must've seen me jump, because he looked at me cautiously, before closing the door quietly.

"Sorry to startle you Mr. Bostwick."

"Quinn," I muttered. I never go by Bostwick, it's just a really dumb last name.

"Our records record you as a Bostwick, so I'm required to call you as that."

"Whatever." I never liked this doctor. He was always to strict and uptight, like he thinks I'm the biggest prick to ever live. In a way, it was probably true.

I was a prick.

A big prick.

"Anyways, records show you'll be able to walk, but for now, we're giving you a brace and crutches." I let out a groan. "It's better than staying here, isn't it?"

I huffed. "Yeah, I guess." He smiled.

"Good, now if you don't mind, I'm going to bring in some nurses and we'll start by putting the brace on."

"Fine, just hurry up." I wanted out really bad.

"There's no hurrying Kellin, you've torn a lot of your tissues and some nerves are damaged."

"Okay." Was all I stated before laying back down.

A few minutes later, i heard the door open, and saw a few more people come in. And then I guess they put a brace on my leg. It kind of hurt in the process, but the pain was subtle and wasn't very bad. They got done fairly fast, which I was thankful for.

"Okay Mr. Bostiwick, can you stand up?" I nodded and started to get up. It was hard, considering I couldn't bend my knee. One of the nurses hurried over and helped me. The doctor then grabbed a couple of crutches and adjusted them to fit me. It didn't take very long, considering I'm only 5'8.

"Thanks," I muttered, putting them under my arms, balancing. It felt weird. But I guess it's do.

"Okay, you're all set, you may want someone to drive you for awhile though." Justin. I grabbed my phone.

"Will do," I replied, typing in Justin's number. I started out of the room.

"Hello?"

"Hey Justin, I got out today, but can you come and pick me up? I can't really drive."

"Oh- I'm at work and I can't really, get out, is there anyone else around?" I thought about it.

"Not that I know of."

"Okay I'll try to uh, come and get you."

"Well...okay I mean-" I was cut off by a tingling feeling on my neck. I turned to see Vic standing there, with a goofy grin plastered on his face. "Never mind, I have someone, it's fine." I said to Justin.

"Oh, okay well I'll see you tonight?"

"Yeah," I said, still kind of letting my eyes linger on Vic. He was so distracting. I hung up the phone. "What are you doing here?"

"Just wanted to check in," He said, wrapping his arm around me.

"Work?"

"Took today off," I smiled, kissing his cheek. "Mmm, that's so much better than listening to someones problems." I laughed.

"Can you give me a ride home?" I asked, leaning against him.

"Definitely...after we go back to my place and talk about some things."

"Like what?"

"You'll see." I grabbed my crutches and started out the hospital doors with him.

---

"Okay, we need to talk about whatever is going on between you and I." Vic stated, when he closed his door.

I nodded. "Okay...but uh, Jaime?"

"He's gone right now, but that's another topic for later." He sat down next to me. " I don't know how to state this any differently Kellin, but I really like you. A lot more than I ever thought I would honestly. And when I told you I wasn't telling Jaime, I didn't realize it would hurt so bad. And, to be with you, I feel like i'd be best to end what I have with Jaime, not just because I want to be with you, but because it isn't fair to him." I nodded. "But, I need some time to think this through." He grabbed my hands, clutching them tightly. And I couldn't help but to feel a little comfort.

"I promise you though, I'll tell him. Just for now, lets just...stay away from each other okay?" I didn't want to be away from him, but I guess if this is what he needs, then I'd have to give him that much.

"Fine...but you gotta take me home." He smiled, nodding.

"Alright let's go." He grabbed his keys and helped me out to the car.

When we got home, I smiled at him before leaning in and pressing my lips to his. His hand went to my neck, but the kiss ended quickly, so we exchanged goodbyes before I slammed the car door shut and headed to my place.

*Next Morning*

When I woke up, I was surprised to see and feel that my leg didn't hurt one bit. I could bend my knee a little. enough for walking. Then again, I wasn't sure if this is what the doctors want. But it's better than crutches.

Now all I gotta do is get this brace off and wait for Vic to straighten things out.