Disaster Waiting To Happen

Revelations

He wasn't at school. Not yesterday, last week, or the month before. Yes, it had been a month since the shooting and everything in Pale Verde had gone back to normal...well, all except for Hayley. The dark circles around her eyes showed weeks of fatigue and lack of sleep. Her normally bright blonde hair seemed to have dulled and so did the light in her eyes. Everyday she would search for a tall pale boy either outside during lunch or in the crowded hallways. Hayley always hoped that she would see the frequently empty seat beside her in History would be filled by Brendon's lean body. She hadn't even touched the diary which was safely tucked away in her bag, to preoccupied by the images of Brendon floating around in her head.

Hayley sighed as she slammed her locker shut and was about to walk out of the school when she was tapped on the shoulder by someone. She turned around to see it was Mr. Griffin, the man who had replaced her original Math teacher.

"Ah, Ms. Thomas I've been looking for you. Will you see in my classroom please? I meant to get you after class this morning but it must have slipped my mind...Oh! No, your not it any type trouble, just need to talk to you about the assignment I gave today," he said, adding the last part after seeing Hayley's worried face.

She was about to ask why he couldn't just tell her now but he had already turned and walked towards his classroom. Hayley followed, despite her desire to leave this building.Since it was a Friday all the students had already left the school besides the ones in club activities and sports so it was emptier than usual. Mr. Griffin motioned her to go into the classroom.

"So, what is it that you wanted to talk to me about?" Mr. Griffin smiled, showing off is brilliant white teeth.

"Nothing important..."

He shut the door behind him and locked it. Hayley froze and the color drained out of her face.

"You see, I've been watching you ever since you came to this school. To get closer to you I had to get rid of that woman which was easy is you ask me. You can't fool me you know."

"W-what are you talking about and who the hell do you think you are!" Hayley tried mask her fear but failed miserably when she stuttered.

"Oh, don't try to play games with me. You know exactly who I am, Hayley...or should I say Amelia..."

Hayley gaped at his false accusation.

*What the hell is wrong with this psychopath? I don't know anyone by that name...*

Hayley's eyes grew as she realized something and took a quick lance at the bag.

*The diary...but it was dated at least 300 years ago. That can't be the girl he is looking for...*

The man advanced forward towards Hayley who was now trembling in fear. He no longer looked like the man that had taught her class for the past month. His brown eyes looked golden with hints of red, making them look blood thirsty. Out of desperation Hayley bolted to the door but before she could even reach the doorknob Hayley felt a pair of hands grab her arm and threw her against the wall...hard.

Hayley let out a shriek which was immediately silenced by him shoving his tongue down her throat. Her eyes bulged as he started to kiss her passionately...Hayley to shocked to do anything. It felt so wrong for many reasons. His lips were hard and cold...as if she was being kissed by a statue. The entire time she screamed "pedophile" inside her head.

Once she gained back her senses Hayley kneed Mr. Griffin where is should hurt but instead she cried out in pain and fell on the ground...nursing her possibly broken knee.The man laughed at her pathetic attempt to hurt him.

"You actually think that would hurt me...after 300 years you really haven't learned a single thing..."

Before he could come near her again she saw a figure break open the door and have the man against the wall in a matter of second.

"Melchior, what the hell are you doing here," Brendon growled.

Instead of being threatened, Melchior laughed, making Hayley shiver. This caused Brendon to lift the man off the ground and slam him against the wall, causing the room to shake. It was a shock how no one had bothered to check this room after all the commotion.

Hayley saw the man smirk and easily escape from Brendon's grasp. Brendon hissed as Melchior punched him in the face but only to return back another blow. But what stole Hayley's attention were Melchior's teeth. No longer were they perfect rows pearls of white...he had to teeth opposite each other that were larger and pointer than normal teeth. Melchior bared his fangs at Brendon and ran for the open window...diving right through it. Brendon hurried to see where he went but only to see the the track team running in a pack. He let out a deep growl but his hard face soon softened when he saw Hayley.

She was now in the corner of the classroom, wide eyed and trying to let everything sink in. She was so engrossed in her own thoughts that she didn't even notice Brendon kneel down before her until he spoke.

"Hayley, did he hurt you in any way? Please say something."

Hayley lifted her head and stared at Brendon...his amber eyes turning back to the original brown gradually. She blinked a couple times to see if everything that had happened was real and not a dream.

"What was he...what are you," Hayley managed to gasp.

Brendon's eyes suddenly turned hard and his jaw was clenched.

"You don't want to know..."

"Okay, I just got molested by some guy I thought was my teacher and mistook me for some dead girl so I'm really not in the mood to play guessing games," Hayley snapped.

She had finally gotten out of her shock and was now extremely pissed. She had an idea of what Brendon was but she wanted him to tell her. But Hayley instantly regretted for snapping when Brendon's annoyed face turned into rage.

"What do you want me to tell you! That I'm some vicious monster that isn't supposed to even exist in this world?"

Brendon started to breath heavily and tremble. Hayley tried to get closer to him to calm him down but was stopped by Brendon.

"No, don't get any closer."

Hayley stopped and watched him try to relax and take control of his emotions. Once he stopped shaking and his face wasn't as tense he opened his eyes, sighing.

"I have trouble controlling my temper."

"I can see that...but how did you know I was in here."

Brendon turned away from Hayley but Hayley already saw the blush on his face.

"I...uh, have been watching you for the past couple weeks so when you didn't come out of the school as usual I figured something was wrong."

"So you've been following me! Then why weren't you in school," Hayley complained.

"Because I knew you would constantly ask me questions...and to keep myself away form you," her face twisted into confusion.

"Why?"

"Didn't you see me before when I lost control of my temper! If I'm not careful I can hurt you...even get you killed!" he yelled in disbelief.

Hayley shuddered at the thought but it didn't change the way she felt for the boy.

"I don't care," she told him firmly, causing Brendon to shake is head.

"She's just as stubborn as Amelia..." he mumbled, but not low enough for Hayley to miss it.

"Who the fuck is Amelia! That's what Melchior said before he started to kiss me," she said in disgust, remembering his tongue prying open her mouth.

Brendon's eyes grew wide and had a sudden fascination with the tile floor.

"She's...someone we both knew awhile ago..."

"How much is awhile ago?" she asked fiercely.

Brendon gave a defeated sigh.

"About 3 centuries ago...why does it even matter."

Hayley dug out the heart shaped necklace from under her shirt and showed it to Brendon who's eyes bulged at the sight of the piece of jewelry.

"Does this look familiar?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you weren't confused @.@

Comment if liked it and want me to continue

I'm working on another story do you think I should make a Ryan, Jon, or Spencer story? Or another Brendon story?