To Love a Thief.

The Good

Angel Maria Josephine Delacruz


I stared at my TV as it told some bogus story about my crime and how the other notorious gang had done it which made me laugh because it was clear that the person behind the gun was a woman, not some guys who were far from careful with the crimes that they committed. These guys were basically idiots but they were good at not getting caught because they were liars.

I turned my attention to the stack of cash that was sitting on my dining room table just waiting to be counted and put into my safe. Along with the money was the jewelry that I had scored from the scared people in the bank. I was going to give it a month before hitting up the new jewelry store to show them who owned this town. I was going to either threaten them or make them my bitch.

"Could this gang now have a woman doing the dirty work?." The dumb newscaster asked. I chuckled to myself at how stupid they were.

"They wish that they had me. Those fools are dumb." I said to myself running a hand through my hair. I had been in this game for so long that it was pretty much all that I knew. Not only was I in the business of stealing but I also had my hand in the drug pool so that I could earn money during the time that I was not risking my neck to rob a bank or a store.

You would think that the banks and stores would be more cautious but I just keep stealing from the same banks over and over again and I still have yet to get caught. I was either the world's best thief or the banks were ran by the biggest idiots in the history.

"Angel, open the door!" His voice boomed as he pounded on the door of my apartment. I glanced at the clock in annoyance. Every one and their grandparents knew that my door was closed from 8pm to 8am every night and I did not make an exception for anyone.

"I'm not open, Marco." I called back to my cousin. He cursed as his heavy footsteps carried him down the hall. I jumped up and went to my door. I opened it and stuck my head outside only looking in the direction that Marco had ran.

"Go back inside, miss." A voice said from the other side of the hall. I turned and came face to face with an officer who had his gun out. I apologized and went back into my house making sure to lock the door. I quickly put away the money and jewelry on my table before sitting back down on the couch. I slid my hand down in the couch cushion and pulled out my glock. I had always kept it in the couch so that I could grab it easily if someone tried to come in. I had a gun in every room of the house just for my safety.

I thought about Marco and cursed him for being so dumb as to coming to my door with cops. If he had come in here, I could have gotten caught and arrested because of all the money that I have, not only on the table but in my safe that was open at the time. Plus I guarantee that all those unfortunate people from the bank had described their items taken to the cops so that would have been another count towards my arrest. But if the money and stolen jewelry didn't get me locked up, the large quantities of Marijuana and methamphetamine would have gotten me several years alone.

The sound of gun shots rang out on the other side of my door and I knew exactly what had happened. The sound of people gathering in the hallway could be heard. I ignored the sounds and made sure all my illegal stuff was hidden and made sure that my three safes were covered up just in case officers saw him knocking on the door to come in.

I went to my door and all eyes turned to me and the talking stopped immediately. I would be lying if I didn't say that my neighbors were afraid of me but I bought them all off. I paid for their homes and bought them groceries just so they would not talk to the cops.

"What's going on?" I asked them acting as if I had no idea what was going on. The woman that lived across the hall looked at me nervously.

"I heard Marco's car pull up and then sirens followed. He came in and knocked on your door then ran. I think the officers killed him." She said softly. I nodded and looked down the hall. I knew they were all looking to me for what to do. I was the youngest occupant in the complex and everyone loved and feared me.

"Just go back inside your homes. Don't want to heal with police brutality." I joked trying to make the situation less bad which did not work because they all still looked worried. "Go on, it's fine." I said with a small smile. The group in the hall hurriedly went back inside their apartments as I stood next to my door and watched the cops stand at the end of the hall near the stairs staring at my cousin's body.

"Miss, go back inside." An officer said looking at me.

"Why'd you shoot my cousin?" I asked him. He got closer and stopped at me. I had gone to high school with this kid and he knew what me and my family was like. James glanced over his shoulder to look at the other officers.

"I didn't shoot him. One of the others did. I was told he was a threat." James nervously swallowed.

"A threat?" I asked him. He nodded. "You got to be kidding me. You ran in the streets with Marco, you know he is the last person that would ever be a threat. He is just mixed up with bad drugs."

"He was unarmed, too." He told me. I froze and looked up at him. He nodded and looked down at me. "I have no idea why they shot him. All he did was run when my partner asked him to step out of the vehicle."

"Officer Hart, do need some assistance?" Another officer asked down our way. His red face was glaring at me as he spoke. James turned and looked at the man.

"No, Sergeant. I got this." James turned back to me. "Miss, please go inside."

"Call me later." I told him. He nodded before I went into my house. I shut the door as the sound of James' heavy boots went back down the hall. I picked up my phone and sent out a mass text.

"Marco was shot by police. He was unarmed and not a threat. I want everyone to help get revenge of the cop that shot him. I don't care what side you belong to. This is my blood." I sent the text and the amount of messages I was getting was almost crazy. I had different gangs wanting to come together just to help me get my revenge.

I sat back down on my couch and thought of how I would be seeking my revenge and I could not help but to smirk at the ideas that were swirling around in my head.