To Love a Thief.

The Bad

Angel Maria Josephine Delacruz


I sat at the head of the table as I waited for the other rival gang leaders to arrive. This was going to be the first time that they would all be seeing me face to face. I only worked with three middle men, only the first guy (usually one of my cousins) knew who I was and I was a mystery to everyone else. They had no idea I was a woman because I went by the name JD when it came to business. I would have never came out of my hiding but I needed my revenge on the asshole cop that killed my cousin.

The sound of talking approached the door of the rented room in the rented out restaurant. I wanted to make sure that no one saw me meeting with the known criminals of San Diego because I had no intentions of being caught. I set my handbag on the table and grabbed my gun out that was hidden among the bag of makeup and other items that I needed. I set it on the table and moved my bag to the floor underneath my chair.

The door opened and Lorenzo La Torre, the leader of the Italian side of SD walked in. His eyes never once turned to me. I knew it was out of respect because he probably though that I was JD's old lady which only made me smirk. Lorenzo was a big guy on the street but when met with another man's old lady, he was the biggest softie there was.

After Lorenzo came Ladarius Franks who kept his eyes low to not insult this so called JD. I knew that once I revealed that I was JD the courtesy and low eyes, would be wide and they would become into the ill mannered animals that I knew they were but I had each spot at the table hooked up with guns under the table, if they decided to react violently they would be shot right where the sun don't shine.

After Ladarius was a man that not many people knew too much about. He was a silent man who was greatly feared. Chandler Xu nodded at me politely before sitting at my left in silence. His right hand man took a seat beside him looking at Lorenzo and Ladarius who sat across the table staring at the two Asian men.

"Is Felipe coming?" I asked Demitri who was at the door holding it open. He looked at me and shook his head telling me that he would not be attending. "Than who is coming to cover the Hispanic side of things?"

"The Veils." Demitri said turning his attention back down the hall at the sound of a car door shutting. We sat in silence as we waited for the four men to come. They never went anywhere without all four of them together and that always made it difficult to get to them. The shorter of the four men walked into the room and took a seat at the opposite end of the table before the other three came in and two took seats leaving one standing behind the first guy. I noticed that they were all dressed casually and looked at me.

"Where is JD?" The short man asked. I scoffed and looked at them.

"That it quite rude. How about we all introduce ourselves like adults and not act like child. You go first." I pointed to Ladarius who nodded.

"I'm Ladarius Franks. I am the boss of the black community, gang and non gang related." Ladarius said nodding his head at me. I gave him a sharp nod to tell him thank you.

"I'm Lorenzo La Torre. I am the godfather of the Italian side of San Diego." Lorenzo said before licking his lips in a nervous action.

"Chandler Xu and this is Phil Trang. I am the president of the Asian community and he is my vice president." Chandler said softly before looking back at the table. All eyes turned to The Veils as they looked at me.

"I'm Victor. I'm the President. This is Jaime, he is the Vice President. This is Anthony and Tony, they are the third and fourth in command." Victor said. With each man's name that he said, they would nod to let us know who they were. Slowly all the eyes turned to me. "Where is JD?"

"You're looking at her." I said. Eyes went wide but Victor narrowed his brown eyes at me. "My name is Angel but you all know me as the faceless JD."

"Is this a joke?" Victor asked me. I shook my head as I watched the men at the table start to narrow eyes and glare at me.

"Where is JD?" Ladarius asked me. I laughed harshly at them as Luis came rushing in the room. He walked over to me. He stood over me before bending down to my ear.

"They just found out the cop that killed your cousin." Luis said softly. I nodded before looking back to the man at the table. I could tell that they were genuinely confused about my identity and whether or not I was the real deal.

"Are you the bank robber as well?" Chandler asked me. I nodded in response at the question which only caused more disbelief in the actuality of who I was. "On your own?"

"Yes. I have been doing all of this on my own since I was 16. I've been in this business for 12 years now. Let's get this straight. A Hispanic man will not be walking through those doors with the name JD. JD happen to be part of my initials. If you have a problem with me being a woman, there is the door." I pointed to the door in annoyance at the men at the table. They remained silent as they waited for what I was going to say next. "Now let's get down to the business at hand, shall we?"