Status: In Progress

Breaking the Silence

Peace At Last

*Taylor's story*

I've been struggling to overcome my addiction. It's been 64 days since I last took a hit off of a meth pipe. There are times I really want to feel the familiar burn of the smoke in my lungs, but when I start feeling this way I turn on my stereo and start writting lyrics to a new song.

I made the decision to quit my addiction when I realised I was in love with this girl.. her name is Ana. She's my best friend's little sister. I know what you're thinking [Man, Taylor that's so jacked to crush on your best mate's lil sis]. But I can't help it. I didn't plan on things to turn out how they did. Dylan ended up in rehab for a drug I got him hooked on and I watched as Ana suffered.

I couldn't continue to indulge my addiction as I saw how much distress everyone I loved was in. I vowed from that day on to never touch this harmful substance again and focus all my energy and devote myself to my music.

Our band isn't the best, nor the coolest, but we are all dedicated to give back to music for the part it has played in helping us overcome our struggles. We all have our own story. Ana's is her parents deaths and her brother's addiction. Mine is my struggle with addiction and realisation of love. Shane has a particularly depressing story. Dylan.. well he has yet to share his. But I'm confident he will eventually open up to us. I mean we've all been together for 8 years now and 5 of which have been spent in our band Breaking the Silence. We're actually pretty good you should check us out. Oh wait.. we don't have anything out yet. Well jeez look at me all conversing with a laptop screen as though you guys actually care. Sorry, if y'all haven't noticed by now I'm rather weird. Anyway back to the story.

I love Ana, she has no idea. I've been sober for a staggering 64 days now. The band has been put on a temporary hiatus pending Dyl's return from rehab. But I promise when we come back we will come back with a vengence and strength unlike ever before.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if the story is getting kind of confusing. I'm trying to introduce each of the characters persinalities. The story is mainly going to be told by Ana. But all this is suppose to have taken place before the first chapter. The first chapter was really meant to be a sort of foreshadowing (I know I suck) lol. Well thanks to whoever reads and enjoys this story. I'm friendly so feel free to leave feedback or just hit me up to chat. Anyways.. byebye <3