My Name Is Peter.

My Name Is Peter.

My name is Peter.

This story is about my experience with the unknown, the things people don't believe in, the things people think I'm crazy for believing in: Aliens. Everyone at school calls me crazy, saying that I want aliens to probe me (which, by the way, I don't.) I have a good reason for believing in aliens. Oh, what's the reason you ask? Well, I had a close encounter with one. It was huge, with scaly and slimy skin, its mouth was massive with deep gashes stretching from the corners of its lips up to its cheeks. Its skin was a sickly green, it had a long lizard-like tail and long pointed fingernails. The creature was disgusting yet intriguing.

Okay, wait a minute, you probably want to hear this story from the start right?

So, I had just gotten out of school; I had to stay late to finish a project. I had just dropped my friend at her house and was walking home. By then it was almost pitch black outside, my only source of light was the flickering streetlamps scattered around town. I was walking, minding my own business, when I heard this deep growl. I stopped and looked around but saw nothing so I just kept walking. As I approached the corner I saw it, the alien, well some of it; I saw its tail. I tried to follow it but once I reached the corner it was gone. I played it off as my imagination, cliché right?

The next day at school was pretty normal except I got an A on my project (which was a shock even for my teacher.) I had soccer training after school, all went well I scored three goals. After training I had to wait for my mom to pick me up because if I'm honest, I was just too lazy to walk home. She is nearly always late so I said good-bye to my friends and waited in the parking lot for my mom. An hour of waiting and boredom later, my mom decided to text me and tell me to walk home. Why couldn't she have texted me an hour ago?!

Annoyed, I started on my walk home. I was, again, walking in the dark. It was dead silent until I heard that same deep growl again. This time it happened more than once so I followed the sound. After a while the growling turned into a crunching sound. I looked around and saw that the zoo gates had been forced open, I walked through the bent up bars and got a better look at the alien. It was hunched over and munching on one of the animals from the zoo. The corpse of the animal was too messed up to put a species to it. I made the mistake of stepping on a twig causing a small snapping sound which in turn, made the alien turn its head and look at me. I slowly backed away from it and once I felt I was far enough I bolted out of there as quick as I could.

Two months later and we're here. I can't stop thinking about that night. I've read any article I can find on the alien. The most common thing I've seen written about it was about the gates of the zoo, 'It was immediately clear that only a super-human force could have been responsible,' They were obviously implying that it was an alien but people don't call the newspaper crazy, just me.

I decided to write this because I'll be going away for a while and in case something happens to me, I want people to know my story. I can still hear the growling. I hear them every night. People say it's in my head but the last time I thought I was imagining it, it turned out to be real. I can't trust anyone any more. I know the alien is coming for me. I don't know when it will get me but it will I just know it. But maybe I'll be safer in the new place I'm going. My mom says the people in this place can help people like me. So, I guess they have experience with aliens too...