Ways of the Grypas

Ima chirps and sits next to the head of Iru. It taps his nose and bounces backwards. The creature lets out a low growl and turns around but the young one keeps messing with it.
After a little while, Iru lifts his head and grabs Ima in his mouth, completely covering her. It breaks the chains around its neck and dashes through the city. Looking up, the sky is red with fire and a large, bright object hurls towards it. Iru rushes down into the abandoned cave outside of the city and into the depths of the tunnels. As the asteroid strikes the earth, the debris and shock wave collapse and destroy 1/3 of the planet and almost all the life on earth within a few months. All that's left are the oceans and the little life in them. Hardly capable of thought.

100 years later, a few groups of animals that have survived, scrunch for food. So far only 4 major life forms exist. One in the ocean, 3 on land and a pair of the last Grypas ever to be found.The infant creature, Ima is left to be raised by Iru on a desolate, abandoned world having no contact with other sentient life.

Grypas
Size: 190 kg (ima) Size: 5 meters (Iru)
The ones this size and larger are partners to the people of Gascia. The were bred with an instinct to protect until death. To become a person’s partner, a small bite must be made. Once chosen, a Grypas cannot choose another partner unless the person dies 24 hrs or sooner.
Only 1 of 100 people are chosen as a Grypas’ partner. Those who are were considered blessed since this size was usually wild.
  1. Exploration
    1st time visiting Gascia
  2. Re-Entry
    Captain Kirk is in charge now and so the story begins
  3. Nocturnal Killers