Status: In Progress!

Ours

Grand Theft Autum

I shuffled up to the lockers, headphones in my ears and my bag already falling off my shoulder. I stopped at locker 1569, and threw my bag down. I entered the combination, but it didn't work. Sighing, I punched the locker lightly, (sometimes that works) and tried again. And again. And again. Just as I was about to give up, I heard a deep voice come from above me.
"Umm..maybe your combination doesn't work because that's my locker."
Oh, fuck me. Really? I turned around, to see a guy literally about six feet tall, staring down at my five foot four frame. I flushed ruby red, and glanced down at my schedule. Typed out plain as day, was my locker number and combination- Locker # 1579- 35-29-10. Where was I? Locker 1569.
"Oh my God, wow, that's embarrassing. I'm so sorry. I'll just go to my locker..over there." I picked up my bag and turned to walk away.
"Hey wait, you just tried to break into my locker, I should at least know your name." I turned around to face him, and held out my hand. "My name's Annalysa. Or just Anna." His sepia toned eyes glimmered as he took my hand and shook it firmly. "Or to me, just Lysa. I'm Bobby."
I smiled softly and said, "To me, just B. Pleasure to meet you, and thanks for not pressing charges about the attempted breaking and entering. Won't happen again, I promise." I winked and walked off to my locker. Putting my other headphone in, I found my locker and effortlessly shoved my stuff inside it. I checked my schedule and saw a room number I didn't recognize. I walked back over to Bobby, who was talking to a friend of his.
"Back so soon, babe? Drew, this is Annalysa. Or just Anna. But Lysa to me."
"Cool," the person called Drew responded, "I'll call you A." I nodded, and said it was nice to meet him. Turning to Bobby, I asked, "Do you know who Mr. Salem is, in room 430? I never had to visit that wing last year." Taking my schedule, Bobby nodded. Drew asked me, "What year are you?" I responded, and asked them the same.
"Junior," Bobby said returning my schedule to me, "We have homeroom, first, seventh and ninth period together. What the hell are you doing taking AP classes?" I shrugged and he laughed heartily.
"Drew, we got an overachiever!" Drew laughed too, and said, "Come on, this school will crush your spirit in a heartbeat." Drew and Bobby started walking down the corridor, so I followed suit. Bobby waited a few steps for me to catch up, and put his arm around me.
"Stick with us, Lysa, it'll work out. Sophomore year sucks, but we'll work it out."
Ahead of us, I saw Drew jump on another guy's back and start whooping as they ran down the hallway.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is a thing now, wow, it sucks a bunch, but I promise it'll try to make it better.