Status: In Progress!

Ours

Can You Feel This Magic in the Air?

I took the bus home today, and listened to my "The World Can't Bring Me Down" playlist on the way home. I unlocked the door and walked into my house. When I entered the kitchen, I saw my mom, my brother, my mom's girlfriend and her son and daughter gathered around the table. My mom got up to hug me, as I waved to her girlfriend and her kids.
"Oh good, you're home! We have some great news."
"Awesome! Me too."
"Okay, well, us first. As you guys know, we've been together for over four years, and well, we've decided to move in together!" My mom's eyes were shining brightly with excitement, and so were her girlfriend, Taylor's. I was the first one to respond, and I congratulated them, both. My brother followed suit, and then all of a sudden everyone was laughing and cheering. All of a sudden, Taylor's son Dave asked, "Wait, who's going where?" My mom then spoke up and said, "Well, it's no secret that you guys have the bigger house, so we're moving in there. ASAP."
Jenn spoke up then, and said, "Okay, so we have mom's room, which you guys will obviously share, my room, Dave's room, and the guest room. Who's sharing?" We all looked around the room, and finally Dave spoke up. "Sam can move into my room, I guess. We're both guys, so we have essentially the same stuff, the age difference doesn't matter much."
"Thank you, Dave, that's really mature of you," Taylor said, "We're going to try to start moving in this weekend, so you guys need to pack soon."
Wow, this was all moving so fast. Our little family is about to be so much bigger, Dave's the oldest, at 18, I'm 16, Jenn is 14, and Sam is 10. Then there's mom and Taylor. Taylor's ex's life insurance policy left them pretty well off, though, I think we'll be alright.
"Oh, Annalysa, what was your good news?" Taylor asked me.
"Oh, well you guys, I have a date this Wednesday night! And a date to homecoming!"
"That's great, honey! With who? Is it the same person?" My mom asked. "That would be pretty sick if it wasn't the same person," Dave joked, "This has been fun, but I gotta pick up Leah. Congrats, mom and..do I call you mom now?" He asked my mom.
"Yeah," Jenn said, "What do we call you now?" I was kind of wondering the same thing about Taylor.
"Well," my mom started, "what do you guys want? I don't want you to have to call me mom, if you're more comfortable with calling your actual mom that." Taylor nodded and gestured to Sam and I, "Same with you guys."
"Well," Dave said, "I'll just call you Ma and Mom. You're Ma," he said, pointing at my mom. "See you guys."
Taylor said bye, and asked if we were okay with calling her Mom. I said yes, and said, "By the way, my date is with Bobby."
"Oh, he's such a great guy," My mom exclaimed.
We talked for a bit more about how he asked me, and how cute it all was, before Taylor got up and announced, "Jenn and I are gonna go home and start cleaning up the house. You guys start packing, and we'll bring dinner over at about 7? I think Dave is eating with Leah, so that'll be one less person to cook for." My mom nodded, and kissed Taylor goodbye.
"See you, Jenn," I said.
Sam waved to Taylor and Jenn, and walked upstairs. "Ma," he shouted, "Should I just use boxes?"
"Yeah, but finish your homework first!"
She then turned to me and said, "I'm sorry we didn't get to focus on your dates. We'll talk about it more at dinner, though. I'm really happy for you, that you've made new friends and putting yourself out there. Do you have homework?"
"No, but we got our work schedules today. I'll be working late just about every day, getting home at
4:30 like I did today. I might take the late bus or Bobby or Brooke will drive me. I only need about 300 left for that car, thank God."
"Alright, that's fine. You'll have to file for a bus change."
"Yeah, I know. What do you think I should pack first?"
"Honestly, I think you should set aside outfits for the rest of this week, and then pack everything."
"Okay, good idea."
I walked up the stairs, and my mom shouted up the stairs, "Kids! Anything you don't think you'll need, throw away. We don't need to bring extra shit there!"
I smiled to myself as I turned my stereo on, and it began blaring All Time Low. This was already shaping up to be a great week.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my G o d I don't know how to feel about this chapter. Thank for the reads and subscriptions!! Love you all.
~Sarah