‹ Prequel: Desinence
Sequel: Rooftop Memories

You Don't Love Me

Anna

She’s trying not to look at him too much because she knows that if she does, she won’t be able to lie straight through her teeth. The few glimpses she sneaks of him is killing her enough that actually looking into his eyes will completely break her down. Blake looks so confused and hurt that it’s almost endearing.

“You can’t tell me how I feel,” he snaps.

“Yes, I can, Blake. Because I know you, probably better than you know yourself. And I know that you don’t love me.”

His mouth falls open, his face shocked like he doesn’t understand what she’s saying.

“You don’t love me. I think that maybe you love the idea of loving me, but that’s it. Because if you had loved me you wouldn’t have left when I told you to. You would have fought for that mess of a relationship we had. But you didn’t then, you never have, and you won’t now. So, please. Just go.”

“But, Anna. There are so many things that I’d like to say to you. If you would just let me explain-”

“No, Blake. I’m done.”

One of his hands reaches out to touch her forearm and she flinches away. For a second he looks like he’s ready to get down on his knees and beg, but she sees the exact moment when he gives up. His whole body seems to deflate, the insistent look in his blue eyes gone and replaced by defeat. He gets up from the couch, stuffs his hands deep into his sweatshirt pockets and shuffles back out of the apartment the way he came without even a goodbye.

Her forehead leans back onto the tops of her knees and tears slowly slip out of her eyes. The sobs wracking her little body are silent but powerful and she’s shaking so bad her teeth chatter.

She really does love him. She always has and probably always will. But nothing will change the fact that although he wanted to love her, he didn’t. And the small part of her heart that isn’t clenching in pain is relieved he’s gone.

Because although Blake had things he wanted to say, she was finally done listening.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh. I enjoyed this depressing little drabble.
Thoughts?
-Beki