Status: still being badass

Apocalypse; a Sea Bound Fairytale

Chapitre I

BOOM! The ear splitting sound of thunder shook the skies as lightning flashed across the waves. The sound of a crackling fire began to mix withthe sound of heavy rain pounding on wood. Yells, swearing and orders could be heard being exchanged on deck. The ship seemed to groan in protest as the waves crashed violently against its hull, threatening to tear it apart. And in the center of all this chaos a young man clung to the side rail, his eyes widening in panic as he saw that the foremast was on fire.

“Captain!” the boy shouted, only to be cut off by a wave that swept across the deck, washing a poor soul off the ship and into the cruel, dark waters below. As soon as the wave had passed the boy scurried across the deck, struggling to keep his footing as the ship rocked violently. Finally he came up to the helm finding his captain attempting to keep the ship steady and cursing under his breath.

“Captain! The foremast is on fire!” the boy yelled over the noise while grabbing onto the wheel to assist his captain.

“No shit.” the captain replied coolly. “Oi, you two.” the captain shouted at the men passing by, “take the wheel and try to keep the ship heading straight. Got it?” he ordered as the men stumbled over and gripped the wheel only to have it practically toss them to the ground once he let go.

“But captain, what are you gonna do? If we don’t get the foremast off the ship then we’ll burn and even if we do get it off the ship there’s no way we’ll make through this storm without the foremast. Should we abandon ship?” asked the boy.

“If any man tries to get into those waters they’re as good as dead. We stay on the ship.” said the captain as he walked away, seemingly unaffected by the rocking of the vessel.

“What are you going to do?” yelled the boy. The captain looked over his shoulder at the boy, a smirk gracing his lips and his eyes casting an eerie red glow.

“I’m going to take care of the foremast.” he answered as he approached the roaring fire.

The captain somehow managed to keep his balance as he took a stance in front of the burning sail. Taking a deep breath he reached to his side and gripped to handle of his sword. He guided it from its sheath, the black blade nearly invisible if not for the glimmer that shined off of it when lightning flashed. He held the sword with both hands and closed his eyes, taking a deep breath.

Then, quick as the lighting above their heads, his eyes flashed open, and in one quick horizontal cut, he had sliced through the foremast, such a clean cut that it looked like the foremast hadn't even been touched, that is until the captain gave it a firm kick, and it began to tip over. The foremast fell like a sleeping giant and hit the side of the ship, crushing the side rail and causing the ship to tilt that way. The part that was on fire was dangling off the ship and above the water, but before the fire could crawl its way toward the ship, the captain gave it another kick, sending it sliding off the ship and into the dark waters below.

The ship righted itself as the captain strode over to the helm and took the wheel back form his men.

“Well that takes care of one problem but what do we do about the storm?” asked the young man.

The captain simply grinned. Suddenly it seem as though the rain was slowing down. It went from heavy downpour, to drizzling, to only a sprinkle now. Rays of sunlight shined down from the opening in the clouds. Even the water seemed to calm.

“The eye of the storm.” the boy stated surprised that the captain was able to find it in the chaos that was that storm.

The boy looked up at his captain who held the helm with one hand and managed to keep a bored expression on his face. The boy grinned and took a stance next to the man, remembering just why he was captain of this vessel.

Because there wasn't a single person on this ship could have done what he did. No one else on this ship could slice through a three foot thick foremast and then kick it into the water; no one else could navigate the ship to safety in the middle of a hurricane. That’s why.

Yes, they have one hell of a captain.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woohoo! First chapter! well anyways, i apologize in advance for any grammar issues i might have missed. if you catch anything please feel free to tell me and i'll try to fix it. please tell me if you like it, comments fuel my writing! Thanks for reading!