Status: still being badass

Apocalypse; a Sea Bound Fairytale

Chapitre II

~Somewhere of the coast of Rioga~

“So how much damage have we suffered?” asked the captain as he glanced down as his quartermaster.

“We lost two men, the foremast, and one of the sails is torn beyond repair.” answered the young man.

The captain sighed.

“We’ll have to make port to repair the damages. Gabriel! What’s the closest port?” he shouted to his navigator.

The blonde haired boy looked up from the map in his hands: currently he was leaning against the wall behind the helm. He looked rather tired after having fallen ill the night before, which is why the captain is the one who had to navigate he ship during the storm.

“The closest port is about two hours away, port Rioga.” answered Gabriel with a yawn.
The quartermaster snorted.

“Don’t be a dumbass Gabriel,” he said, “the only thing port Rioga has going for pirates is a tight noose and a short drop.”

“No worries Ricky. Gabriel how far is the next closest port?” asked the captain.

“Bout’ a week away.” he answered.

“A week!” exclaimed Ricky, “there’s no way in hell we could make it a week without the foremast!”
The captain grinned; jumping off the railing he was sitting on and draping his arm over the shorter man.

“No need to be such a pessimist Ricky, we’ll simply dock at port Rioga.” the captain replied casually.
The quartermaster gave the captain an incredulous look while Gabriel just sighed knowing that the captain was about to decide something that would surely lead to trouble.

“What the hell are you planning Atrous?” asked Ricky.
The captain merely grinned.

“Hey Eli!” the captain called out, “do we still have those uniforms we obtained when we raided that navy ship?”
♠ ♠ ♠
wooo, chapter twooo, sorry about the short chapters everyone, they're just setting up the story, they'll get longer and better soon. also i'd like to give a special thanks to shelbyvengeance , for being my first reader, subscriber, comment and recommendation, you're awesome. oh, and in case you guys didn't know the quartermaster is the one who counts the money and goods on the ship and distributes it evenly among the crew, i'll tell you more positions as we go along and they become relevant. thanks for reading!