Status: i'm no longer going to be updating mibba. you can find me on ff.net at 'deanambooty' if you would like to continue reading any updates. thank you.

Paradise City

Happy Birthday

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Callie! Happy birthday to you!"

I smiled into the phone. "Thank you, James."

I said it as quietly as I could, Dean was still sleeping beside me.

A few days had turned into a week. I wasn't complaining. My apartment was being renovated. Turns out Alisha didn't 'own' the building, and she just worked for the man who did. After Dean and I made a few phone calls, Alisha had been fired, and my apartment was being completely redone.

Revenge. It felt so good.

"Why are you being quiet? Who are you with?" James asked.

"You're so perceptive, James." I whispered as I pulled the covers down and slowly crawled out of bed.

"Where are you going?" Dean asked, his voice was hoarse.

"Who's that? Callie Beth! Who are you sleeping with?"

"I'm not sleeping with anyone." I swatted Dean's hands away as he tried to pull me back into bed with him. There was no need in being quiet anymore, he was already awake. I jutted a stern finger in Dean's direction, signaling for him to behave himself while I was on the phone.

"Who was that then?" James asked again.

I sighed as I pulled open Dean's refrigerator. "It was Dean."

"Dean?" He gasped loudly. "The irresistible, obnoxious neighbor?! It finally happened?!"

"Nothing happened. My apartment is being renovated and he's letting me stay with him." I replied as I poured a bowl of cereal.

"Letting you stay in his bed?"

I hadn't told James about Alisha. There was no need in him worrying about me, and besides, the problem was fixed. When he asked about the screaming voicemail I left him, I simply told him that I was just mad that he didn't pick up his phone again. I didn't tell him about the breakdown I was having in my car in the parking garage of the MGM Grand Hotel.

"It's my birthday!" I said, trying to change the subject. I sat on the arm of Dean's couch as I munched on my bowl Honey Bunches of Oats.

"What do you want?" He asked.

"For you to stop badgering me about my neighbor, and for you get on a plane and come see me! I miss you."

"I think I'll pass. I don't think there's enough room for both of us in that bed. And I wouldn't want you to get jealous."

"You're disgusting. I'm hanging up."

As I pulled the phone away from my ear, I could hear James laughing. I ended the call abruptly and made my way back into Dean's bedroom. He was sitting in the middle of his giant, king sized bed, just smiling at me. No shirt on, covers around his waist. He was perfect.

"What?" I asked him.

He shook his head, patting the spot on the bed next to him. I crawled up to where he was, trying my hardest not to spill the milk. It had been like this everyday for the past week. I'd wake up next to him, we'd eat breakfast, he'd go to physical therapy, come home, and it was back in the bed for the both of us. While he was gone, I'd be searching for more jobs. Though, it was proving difficult when I had to explain why I was fired from my last job. I still wasn't over that. I was happy at TAP, I really thought I was going to be there for a while.

Dean brought up the idea that I start looking for available spaces and maybe look into starting up that bookstore that I had always dreamed of opening. It definitely stuck in the back of my mind. However, I'd need a loan, and I had no idea how to run a business. Just because I had a business degree didn't qualify me to start my own.

When my parents died, I literally had to look up on Google 'What To Do When Your Parents Die'. I mean, if push came to shove, I could always Google how to start a business.

"So," He said, wrapping his long legs around me and pulled me back to rest on his chest. "It's your birthday. What do you want?"

"Just a nice dinner at a nice restaurant." I replied. I had thought about it long and hard, but that was all that I could think of.

I was sure Dean was thinking of something extravagant like a trip to Paris or New York, or a thousand dollar gift card to some expensive boutique. But all that I wanted was dinner, and maybe if I was feeling really spoiled, a walk downtown under the bright lights of the strip.

"That's it?" He was surprised.

"Just dinner. I even bought a new dress for the occasion."

"So you were planning this?" He asked. "What else were you planning?"

I smiled innocently up at him.

He ducked his head to kiss me sweetly on the lips. Those lips were like wine; sweet, sweet wine. I shifted so that I was straddling him, ignoring the bulge in his boxers. I had gotten used to it, and no longer let it bother me. Teasing him was so much more fun. I pinned his hands over his head, and ran my nails down the undersides of his arms, down to his ribs.

Goosebumps formed on his skin so easily. His eyes rolled back, fluttering shut. Moments like this made me wish I wasn't keeping my virginity locked up. I did want him, more than anything. Just because I was a virgin didn't mean I couldn't have these moments where I marveled over how beautiful he was. The sun kissed skin, the toning of his muscles, his chest hair. I needed these moments to remind myself that he was here, underneath me, with me. No one else.

"Please don't-" He begged as I placed the tiniest, fragile kisses near his collarbone. "Don't tease me, Callie."

His voice was so soft; so low and dripping with desire, and it sounded like he really didn't want me to stop. He would have to wait, though.

I slid off of him, settling by his side. He sighed but wrapped his arms around me anyways. "Let's go back to sleep." I told him.

He yawned. "Happy Birthday, kid."

I waited until he was asleep to slip out of the bed. I scribbled a note for him, telling him to be ready at eight and left it on my pillow, before I jumped in the shower. I had so much to do before tonight. I wanted it to be perfect; from my hair down to my toenails, and I hadn't had my nails done in the longest time.

"Alright guys!" I yelled at the construction crew in my apartment. "I've got a big date tonight and I need my apartment back! I have to get ready!"

They filed out one by one, leaving me to start the long process that was getting ready. The dress that I was wearing tonight, a strapless black and white sweetheart dress, was draped over my mattress. Next to it were a pair of black heels and a clutch purse.

I threw on a skirt and a white tank top, deciding that it would probably be best to go get my hair done instead of attempting to do it myself. Knowing me, I'd set myself on fire with the curling iron, and I really couldn't afford to have that happen on my birthday. Not today.

"Welcome to Curl Up & Dye someone will be right with you!" An older, white haired lady said from her station.

I browsed through a few books, looking for something nice. The last time I had my hair done was when my mom cut it in the middle of the kitchen floor. Curls would be cute. Maybe bangs? Curls and bangs?

"Hi! I'm Violet, I'm going to be your stylist today. How can I help you?" I looked up to see a petite woman with dark brown hair that faded into pastel pink. She was covered in tattoos, and had an eyebrow piercing.

"Hi Violet, my name is Callie and I am having a dilemma."

"What seems to be the problem?" She sat down next to me.

"Well it's my birthday and I made reservations at Picasso for me and my b- friend for tonight and it's supposed to be really special and I just really want to look nice and my hair is so flat and frizzy and can you help me? Please?"

"Girl! It's no problem!" Violet grabbed me by the wrist and led me to her workstation. "I'm going to take care of you."

Violet immediately went to work on my hair. I wasn't sure what she had planned, but she promised me that it would look great. I could do nothing but trust her; the girl who's hair didn't seem to have a single split end even after it was obviously bleached many times to get to that color of pink. She was sweet and knowledgeable. We talked about tattoos and piercings. I rambled on about all the tattoo ideas I had, and how I was too afraid to get one.

She boasted about her two cats at home; Marlowe and Jigsaw. She even showed me some pictures. We bonded over Grey's Anatomy and how Doctor McDreamy really isn't all that dreamy. I told her all about Tennessee, and what it was like growing up in a small town. On the other hand, she was born and raised in Vegas and had no desire to ever leave. She was a Nicholas Sparks fan, like myself, and told me that my bookstore idea was a great idea if I could set up a little stand for her to sell her amazing cupcakes.

As we waited for the curls to set, Violet did my nails for me free of charge as a birthday gift.

Before I knew it, three hours had gone by, and my hair was finally done. I had to give them woman props, because it was so beautiful. So different than I had imagined. Delicate curls and braids, with diamond pins intricately woven through.

"My God, Violet. It's so beautiful."

"Thank you. I don't mean to toot my own horn, but toot toot." She laughed.

"Do you think Dean will like it?" I asked her.

"He better." She said. "You need to come back here and tell me how it goes tonight."

"I will."

She spritzed me with a little bit more hairspray, making sure that it didn't go anywhere when I stepped back out into the Nevada weather. Thankfully there was no wind, just a slight breeze. I had an hour left before I was supposed to be meeting Dean. My stomach was in knots. There were a thousand butterflies dancing around inside me. Saying I was nervous was just a slight understatement.

I could hear music from Dean's apartment as I quietly made my way up the hallway. I wasn't going to lie, I was partly afraid that I would be ready to go at eight, and he would still be sleeping. The man did like to sleep in, and was a heavy sleeper at that.

When I finished getting dressed, I stood in front of the mirror. I barely looked like myself. That girl wasn't me, she couldn't be. She was beautiful and happy. She was the portrait of the celebrity on the red carpet, and not the girl that got caught on a hot day taking out the trash. The dress fit like a glove; it was simple and classy.

I heard a knock from the front door and let out a deep breath. It was now or never.

Dean stood on the other side of the door; dark jeans and a button up. His hair was combed back and curly on the ends, my favorite. I tried to suppress the gigantic smile on my face. I took deep breaths, tried to shake out all the jitters. I didn't want to seem like a giant doofus when I opened that door.

"Come on, Cal. You can do this." I reminded myself as I sucked in a deep breath as my hand hovered over the doorknob.

His expression immediately changed when I opened the door. At first he was smiling, but his smile quickly disappeared as his eyes roamed over my frame. My heart was pounding. I had no idea what he was thinking. A shivers shot through my entire body, and I could feel the goosebumps forming on the backs of my arms.

"Oh my-" He swallowed hard. "You look..."

A blush crept to my cheeks as everything seemed to fall into place. "Thank you." I managed to squeak out. Though, it sounded more like a tiny little mouse had said it, and not me. I mentally kicked myself in the brain.

Dean held his hand out to me and I took it, leading me to the elevator. "I feel under-dressed."

"Don't be silly, you look very handsome."

"Callie, I-" He was cut short by the elevator doors popping open. I prompted him to continue, but he shook his head, leading me out to his car. He even opened the door for me.

We drove in silence mostly. Dean's hand held mine, and rested gently on my thigh. His thumb stroking the back of my hand softly. Every time we stopped at a red light he would take his eyes from the road just to look at me. I tried not to smile, or blush, but I was failing miserably at both.

Our reservations were for 8:30, and we arrived right on time. I requested a private booth, in the back of the restaurant, just to keep Dean comfortable in case there were any prying eyes lurking about.

"See anything good?" I asked him. I looked up to see him holding the menu upside-down, with the most confused look on his face. "Dean, the menu is upside-down."

"Fuck," he mumbled under his breath. "I thought I was holding it upside-down the first time."

I stifled a giggle as our waiter brought wine to the table. "Are we ready to order?"

"Yes, sir. I would like the Maine Lobster Salad, please." I replied.

"Uh, I'll have the um- Sauteed Steak of A Foy Grass."

I had to look away so that I didn't laugh out loud. The waiter was also suppressing a smile. He took our menus and left, letting us know that it would be up shortly.

"Steak of A Foy Grass?" I asked Dean.

"I don't know how to read Italian."

"Sauteed Steak of "A" Foie Gras." I repeated to him. "I took Italian in college."

Dean held my hand from across the table. My heart fluttered against my ribs. "Is there anything else I should know about you?"

I shrugged my shoulders. I like you a lot, I thought to myself. "I know some Italian, it's not a big deal."

"Everything about you is a big deal."

Don't say things like that, I thought as I chewed on my bottom lip. I was so uncontrollably nervous that I could not think of a single thing to say; drowning in the spotlight of his eyes.

"When are you gonna get James to fly down?" He asked.

"As soon as my apartment's done. Have you seen it? They're almost done and it looks fantastic."

"Yeah, I poked my head in there earlier." He gave me a small smile.

"When am I going to meet your friends?" I asked. Dean talked so highly of Roman and Seth. He really loved the both of them. I loved hearing stories of their adventures on the road together.

"Soon, I promise. I think you'd really like them. Seth's a huge dweeb, you'll get along with him most, I'm sure."

"Are you calling me a dweeb?"

The waiter brought the food out.

"No not at all."

The food was delicious. We ate, we talked, and my nerves were finally settling. After we ate, Dean paid after I fought him on it. This was my idea, I should have paid. Maybe I was just scared that this felt so official.

There were so many tourists on the strip. Many of them stopped Dean for an autograph and a quick picture. I stood by silently, watching with a smile. He made so many people happy. We stood outside the Bellagio, the fountains were spectacular. So many couples stood around them, kissing, while they got someone else to take a picture.

"What next?"

"Wanna take a walk?"

I could have pegged this as the best birthday I've ever had, if there wasn't an inkling of guilt resonating in the pit of my stomach. I knew my parents would have been proud of me, though. Especially my mother. She would have loved Dean. And James, he was rooting for this.

It didn't matter though, that guilt was still there.

We stopped at a Starbucks and got cupcakes and coffee, and then decided to head back to the apartment, because Dean had a surprise for me. I had no idea what it was, because I hadn't expected him to get me anything. If the apartment was decorated with rose petals and there was champagne on the bed, he was going to be shit out of luck.

I looked to cross the street, but suddenly my heart stopped. On the sidewalk across from us, walked Alisha and Reece; hand-in-hand, lovey-dovey smiles on their faces. It didn't take long for Dean to see what I had seen, and before I knew it, he was taking off after the couple; fist balled.

"Dean, don't!" I called after him, but by the time I had gotten to the other side of the street, he already had Reece pinned up against the wall by his shirt collar.

Alisha was screaming at him, trying to pull him off, but it wasn't working. Dean was furious.

"If you ever threaten my girl again, I swear to you that you'll be breathing out of a tube for the rest of your fuckin' life. Do you understand me?"

I had never seen this side of Dean. The dangerous, fighting side of him. What he did on screen wasn't real, at least, it wasn't supposed to be real. He wasn't supposed to be the same person. But this person was Dean Ambrose. The Lunatic Fringe. The Unstable one. I was scared. Shaking in my heels, scared. I would have thought that Reece would have been terrified, but he was laughing. Reece was laughing in the face of the man who had just told him that he would seriously injure him if he ever threatened me again.

Laughing.

These people were crazier than Dean could ever pretend to be.

Without another word, Dean reeled his fist back and sprung it right into Reece's nose. Immediately Alisha quit screaming, Dean gave her a stern look, but didn't say anything to her. He shook his hand, mumbling something to himself and then turned to me.

"Now, are you ready to go home?"

I bit my lip and nodded my head. He took my hand and led me back to the car. As we rode in silence, I kept repeating two words in my head.

"My girl."