Status: Active

19 You and Me

"Disappear when you come back, everything is better."

“Well, tell him I can’t come in today,” Lacy said holding up her newest sketch. She smudged a bit of color on the page and nodded to herself.

“Jen, you know the boys come home today,” She said. She rolled her eyes and smiled before taking a sip of her coffee. “Well, I don’t know what to tell you. I requested off two weeks ago. And besides, I have to design more stuff if he wants to keep making money.”

She hung up and looked at the clock. Time was so slow when she was counting down the minutes till John and the boys would be home from their month-long tour.

She thought drawing would make the morning hours go by quicker, but they just seemed to drag. She needed to get more designs done for the spring collection, but the store had been so busy Lacy never found the time to sit and work.

Like he promised John texted everyday, and called almost the same amount of times. She knew he was busy, and understood that, but she was happy he was making an effort this time around.

Her phone rang again from her coffee table, scooping it up; she slid the button across the screen accepting the call.

“Hi stranger,” She said smiling.

“Hiya darlin’,” He said in his sleepy raspy voice.

She could imagine the scruff on his chin, his hazel eyes dark with tiredness, and his brown hair growing out in the few weeks he hadn’t been able to maintain his normal grooming habits.

“When will you be home?”

“That’s the thing,” He said sighing.

She stopped going through her closet and sighed. “What?”

“I’m already here.” He said entering her apartment. She heard the door and went to investigate, only to have him wrap his arms around her and grin.

She screamed in excitement, jumping up and down as he laughed. “Surprise,” He whispered.

She leaned up and brought his face closer so she could kiss him. “When did you get home?”

“An hour ago, but I wanted to come see you.”

She grinned and wrapped her arms around his waist. “God, I missed you John.” She said.

“I missed you too kid.”

“Tell me, how was tour?” She asked pouring him a cup of coffee the way he always drank it.

“It was amazing, it always is.” He said grinning. His smile and energy was contagious and Lacy felt herself smiling at the singer. “The shows were always sold out, we did a few meet and greets and the fans are incredible.”

“They like the newer stuff?”

“They ate it up,” John said before taking a sip. “It’s like they get we’re growing up, and their excitement makes me pumped to finish the record.”

“When is that happening?”

“Well, we go to LA next week for a week, then we hang out here for two, go to the city for a week then head out for two months.”

Lacy sighed and sat down across from him at her island.

“Wow,” She tried to smile but she felt like bricks landed on her shoulders.

“I know it’s a lot,” He tried to say. She shook her head and ran a hand through her messy hair.

“You just got here and I feel like you’re gone already.”

He closed his eyes and ran a hand through his hair. “Lace,” he started. She shook her head and looked down at her tiled counter.

“It’s fine, I get it. I just thought you’d be home for two months before leaving, but I know things change.” She put her cup in the sink and headed toward her room.

He sighed and watched her leave the room, “Damnit.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So, to be honest, there is only a couple of chapters left and I am just losing steam on this. I hate when this happens, and it usually happens in my stories. I just started another story called Remember Me, which I'm really excited about.
I am going to push through this, but it may not be my best. Sigh.

But! I want to say thank you to Everdeen and ArizonaSkies for their comments and sticking with the story the entire time! You guys are the best.
And of course thank you to my subscribers and those who have recommended the story!