Status: Active

19 You and Me

"Put my name at the top of your list, this is the last time I'm asking you why."

“John,” Lacy said into her iPhone. “You make me kiss you, then you bail for two days. Are you kidding me?” She hit the END button and plopped onto her bed.

“O’Callaghan, you’re a dick.” Lacy said to herself. Outside the city was alive and buzzing as the sun was high above the town.

Lacy had just closed her eyes when her phone buzzed to life in her hand. Grabbing the device, she lifted it above her head, and saw his name and photo pop up on her screen.

“Hello,” She said.

“Hi, I’m so sorry. Look, Tim called me after I left your place the other day. He got us a studio session for three days, so we’ve been recording non-stop.”

“Listen,” She said interrupting him. “I totally get your in the band, I knew that from the beginning, but you always putting them first sucks. Especially since we are trying to fix things and this is literary the third day of this, whatever this is, and you’ve been a no-show and a no-talk the entire time.”

“Lace,” He said quietly. “You know this is my career, I have to put it first.”

“So I’m at the bottom of your list again?”

“No, you’ve never been at the bottom of my list Lacy.” John said. "I'm sorry if you've felt like that."

She sighed and sat up on her bed. She looked out her wall-length windows at the city around her.

“Lacy,” John said softly.

She sighed again and shook her head. “Maybe, we should just chill out for a few days.”

“What do you mean?” He asked quickly.

“I think I rushed into this, you said you’ll be in town for awhile.” She blinked and ran a hand through her curly hair.

They both sat on the phone not talking, she silently begged him to say anything to her.

“Just call me when you’re out of the studio.” She said before hitting END again.

She heard her front door open and she got up and headed down the hall to see Erica in the kitchen.

“Hi,” Erica said reaching for two black coffee cups. “What’s going on? I haven’t heard from you in a few days.”

Lacy sat on one of her barstool and shrugged.

“Come on spill. I know when my sister is upset and she’s hiding something.” Erica said pouring coffee into the two cups.

“I'm kind of with John again,” Lacy said.

Erica raised her eyebrows at her younger sister. “Before, you begin,” Lacy said before taking a sip of the warm caffeine. “He came over, I cried, he gave me a hug and I realized how much I missed him.”

Erica watched her sister across the black counter and took a sip of her drink.

"I know, I cracked. I thought I was much tougher than I actually am."

Erica put her glass mug onto the counter and leaned across the counter grabbing her little sister's hand.
“Lacy, trust me, I get it. I don't judge you either, so don't think I am. But, do you remember how much you hurt when everything fell apart?”

“Yeah, I do. But I’m trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.”

Erica nodded and smiled at her sister.
♠ ♠ ♠
So what did you guys think?
The next one is going back in the past again, let me know what you think will happen!

Thank you to all my readers, I really appreciate it!
Also thank you to my 12 subscribers!
You all make my day!