Status: see oohyaychicken.tumblr.com for information of its updates

He's Been Damaged, He's Been Misused

Chapter Fourteen

After Chris brought Ricky over to Kevin’s, Kevin suggested that the three of them played Rock Band 3 to try to get what happened back at Ricky’s house out of their mind. It worked for the most part; they set it up so that the keys would come at them a bit faster so they’d have to concentrate harder.

When 3:30am neared, they decided to settle down for the night. Chris and Kevin found sleep easily, unlike Ricky, who's now lying between the two sleeping boys, wide eyes staring up towards the ceiling. The petrified boy’s mind is plagued once again by what had happened earlier that night.

Ricky knows that it’s his own fault. He knew that talking to Devin without Carter’s permission was wrong and he knew that he’d be punished for it if he got caught. He made Carter do this. Carter didn’t want to hurt him. When his mother spanked him as a child, she didn’t want to hurt him. “Spare the rod, spoil the child,” as the saying goes.

Ricky pales as he realizes that he’s hanging out with Chris and Kevin right now without Carter’s permission. Ricky’s gotta get out of there before Carter finds out.

Ricky slowly gets up from the pallet of blankets on the floor and carefully steps over Kevin to grab his phone before tiptoeing to the bedroom door. Ricky slowly pulls the door open so he doesn’t disturb the boys still sleeping. The door doesn’t cooperate very long, though, because it creaks loudly, and Ricky freezes. He stands there motionless, listening closely to the boys that are hopefully still sleeping to see if the loud noise woke them.

“Ricky, that you?”

Ricky curses the creaky door when Kevin’s sleepy voice calls out to him.

“What’s he doing?” Chris asks when Kevin’s question wakes him as well.

“He’s trying to leave the room.”

Chris sits up at that, looking towards the clock on Kevin’s night stand. “Ricky, it’s half past four. Why are you up?”

“Couldn’t sleep,” Ricky tells him. It’s not exactly the truth, but it’s not a lie either, so it works.

“Oh. Want me to stay up with you?”

“No, you’re probably tired. Just go back to sleep,” Ricky tells him. He knows Chris won’t let him leave, but Carter won’t be too pleased if he stays.

“I’ll be fine,” Chris tells him as he gets up anyways, turning to Kevin for a moment. “You staying in bed or getting up too?”

“I’m getting up too. Let’s go to Walmart.”

“We’re banned, Kevin.”

“Oh, yeah,” Kevin laughs as he gets up and turns the light on. “What should we do instead?”

“I don’t know, but I’m hungry,” Chris answers, then looks to Ricky. “You hungry?”

“Not really,” Ricky answers with a shrug.

He’s so fucked if Carter finds out he’s with other boys.