Status: see oohyaychicken.tumblr.com for information of its updates

He's Been Damaged, He's Been Misused

Chapter Fifteen

Chris, Kevin, and Ricky made a small breakfast for themselves to eat, but Chris and Kevin got tired again ended up falling asleep after that anyways. Ricky took that as his chance to quickly and quietly (more so than before) sneak out the front door.

Ricky carefully unlocks the front door and pulls it open slowly, and surprisingly, it makes no noise at all. When Ricky has it open enough to slip through, he does just that and pulls the door closed behind him just as carefully. He pulled his phone out of his back pocket and presses the home button for the time and to see if he had any texts or anything. He has no notifications and it’s about seven in the morning now.

<><><>

When Ricky steps into his house again, his mother is on the couch, cradling a mug of coffee while watching Days Of Our Lives again. She’s too engrossed in the soap opera to pay much mind to him as he drops onto the couch next to her. She doesn’t notice her son until the commercial break, flinching when she suddenly sees him and almost spilling her coffee.

“Ricky,” she breaths sheepishly, recovering from her shock. “You scared the hell out of me.”

Ricky smiles apologetically at her, “Sorry.”

“So how was the sleepover? I didn’t expect you to be back so early.”

“It was fun. And Kevin started feeling ill so his parents sent us home incase he was contagious,” Ricky lies, feeling guilty about it. Saying that he snuck out so he didn’t get in trouble with Carter would definitely concern her and she’d ask questions until she got to the bottom of it, and that’s not what he wanted at all.

“Okay, hon. Go clean your room,” she says, shooing him off as the commercial break ends. He shrugs and heads upstairs to his room, which wasn’t even messy. The small blood stains were still there, and there’s a few snack wrappers and clothes in random places, but other than that, he thought it was fine.

But, he picked up the trash and clothes so he wouldn’t have to listen to his mother bitch at him later for not doing what she said and when she said.

He loves his mom though.

When he’s done, he grabs his computer from underneath his bed and his headphones from the nightstand before resuming the browsing position. He opens his music app and plays his music really loud on shuffle before logging onto Tumblr.

Then next thing he knows, someone pulls his earbuds out of his ears. He’s ready to snap at his mother for it, but stops himself when he sees Carter smiling fondly at him.

“Hey, babe,” Carter greets him. “Your mom let me in.”

“Yeah, I see that. Why are you here so early?” Ricky smiles back at him, sitting up more. Carter raises an eyebrow.

“I didn’t know twelve in the afternoon was early.”

Ricky furrows his brows, glancing at the clock on the corner of his computer screen. 12:06 PM.

“Oh. I was on Tumblr,” Ricky explains, and Carter laughs.

“Yeah, it happens to me all the time. I was gonna take you to a movie, you up for it?”

“Hell yeah.”
♠ ♠ ♠
so as i stated on tumblr, my chapters will most likely be shorter from now on. it's easier for me to be able to update for you guys more often bc i had a goal of 1000+ words for each chapter and i think that's one of the things that made me struggle to update at a reasonable time.